Christian military?

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian military?

It's old news that fundies have infiltrated the Air Force and it's academy.  Neither the Air Force nor the DOD have done anything about it other than half-hearted policies that only discourage proselytizing.  It's the damned military, they can't make it a freaking order?  They don't want to stop it because they approve it.  Now, it seems the Army and Navy academies have been infiltrated (I'm sure it's not just recently) by fundies.  I've heard ranking officers including some generals proclaim their allegiance to god over their allegiance to the United States and the Constitution.  Should they become entrenched, if they aren't already, a military take-over to establish a theocracy may not be that far off.  Everyone, that includes liberal and moderate theists need to contact their representatives and voice their concerns about this and demand something be done if it is not too late.  To those theists who don't think it's such a big deal, remember the crusades.  On the way to the Middle East the armies of god got a little practice in by the wholesale slaughter of Christians who did not think exactly like them.  Here's a couple of links to look at.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jun/27/military.religion

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/25/us/25academies.html?_r=3&oref=slogin&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1214762134-fosSbF7ns/Hk9sNZaRourw

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Google, "standing armies"

Google, "standing armies" 

The Founding Fathers ....

http://politicalinquirer.com/2008/05/27/the-congress-holds-the-war-powers/

Then , later

Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/episodes/12/documents/eisenhower.speech/

Then Reagan, goes star wars,

Clinton goes trigger happy,

Then the Bush orders the killing of a million  .....   NEXT ?????????????????? 

What I am meaning to say is,  all Militaries are an insult to the dignity of all humanity .....

How to fix this stupidity is all our EARTH problem ..... Go Communication Education Science

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
IAGAY, Eisenhower was right

IAGAY, Eisenhower was right and this is why this type of thing is not taught in primary education.  Anymore, nothing of value is taught.  Presidents have been wresting away control of the military and it's ability to wage war for decades and we have sat mute because most people do not know even the simplest things about our history.  Fundies have been working to take control of this country since it's founding and the easiest way to accomplish this is to dumb down the population.  If our citizens are not aware of this country's history how can they know when something is going horribly wrong?   Then we eventually elect a jeebus phreek who also happens to be one of the biggest morons every to enter politics.  Congress never should have given the asshat authorization for this shit. Even though it would not be successfull, we need an impeachment to take place but that bitch Pelosi has no backbone.  Either that or she's a closet repugnican.  You are absolutely correct: communication, education and science among other subjects is essential to a free society remaining free.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Didn't many of the founding

Didn't many of the founding fathers disagree with military chaplains? I recall reading somewhere that chaplains in the military were considered to be going against the constitution therefore were discouraged by many of the founders.I have been in the navy and serve currently as a DON civilian for 18 years and haven't really seen any evidence to support an infiltration be fundies in our branch, but I don't travel as much as I used to.

I only see our pilots watching Fox News in the ready rooms which I find as disturbing as this btw. The military has broken so many of the constitutional requirements it's not even funny, so what if they become entrenched with fundies? We've had a standing army for well over 140 years when the constitution specifically forbids it. I find we would have to have a precedent to stop this if we could stop funding an army that goes against the laws of our country and stop funding an army just looking for a fight.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Mikey Weinstein

Hane you ever watched or Listen to "Mikey Weinstein;the Anti-Crusader" Google this guy,he has been at the heart of this problem for a while now.And he wrote a great but scary story in "FREE THOUGHT TODAY" one of the best news paper in the USA.

Signature ? How ?

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2 wrote:Didn't

Cali_Athiest2 wrote:

Didn't many of the founding fathers disagree with military chaplains? I recall reading somewhere that chaplains in the military were considered to be going against the constitution therefore were discouraged by many of the founders.I have been in the navy and serve currently as a DON civilian for 18 years and haven't really seen any evidence to support an infiltration be fundies in our branch, but I don't travel as much as I used to.

I only see our pilots watching Fox News in the ready rooms which I find as disturbing as this btw. The military has broken so many of the constitutional requirements it's not even funny, so what if they become entrenched with fundies? We've had a standing army for well over 140 years when the constitution specifically forbids it. I find we would have to have a precedent to stop this if we could stop funding an army that goes against the laws of our country and stop funding an army just looking for a fight.

The infiltration of West Point and Annapolis was reported within the last couple of weeks by The Times Online and the story is posted on Mikey Weinstein's Military Religious Freedom Foundation ( http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/about.html&nbspEye-wink.  Visit the site, it will open your eyes to fundamentalism in the military.  Also, visit my "MySpace" website for a video by Christian Embassy in which they claim our service men and women are paid government missionaries.

While the standing military is a violation of the Constitution and funding can be stopped, no one in the current government or future governments will do that.  Once the fundies have infiltrated the military enough it won't matter what the gov't does, they could easily pull a coup and take over.  I believe that is their plan.