Guess the gender

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Guess the gender

This is sparked from a topic on another board, of how it's difficult to guess the gender of a poster. Some say it's easy, some think it's difficult.

I don't think I revealed my gender here so.....

Let's start with mine. Then the next poster's unless it's obvious (Obvious name and/or own pic as avatar..)

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh and mods/admins: The

Oh and mods/admins:

The e-mail adress I used to sign up with the one with 'dude' in it is my brother's old account so you can't cheat that way.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
To make it more fun,can we

To make it more fun,can we include a description of how we envison the person?

I see Pineapple as a 30ish, slightly big guy.

I'm sure everyone knows my gender,so skip if you want.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I though you were a girl,

I though you were a girl, but I suppose you could be a boy with an unhealthy obsession with both Avril Lavigne and Sailor Moon.  I admit, I was a Sailor Moon fan when I was 10.

edit: That's Ctp. I'm talking about, if it's not obvious.  Loc is a dude!

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:I though you

Thomathy wrote:

I though you were a girl,

I thought so too.

As for Thomathy, do lego men have genitalia?

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
my vote is on pineapple

my vote is on pineapple being a guy... but are you actually going to tell us?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pineapple-- Female Loc--

Pineapple-- Female

Loc-- Male

Thomathy-- Male

Nutxaq-- Male >.>

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Pineapple-- Female

Loc-- Male

Thomathy-- Male

Nutxaq-- Male >.>

What's with the ">.>" ? Are you calling me gay? Because I totally bang chicks. I'm not like that. I'm into cars and sports and Rogers and Hammerstein and shit.

Proof, Paul Simon

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt is a dude.

Cpt is a dude.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:What's with the

nutxaq wrote:

What's with the ">.>" ? Are you calling me gay? Because I totally bang chicks. I'm not like that. I'm into cars and sports and Rogers and Hammerstein and shit.

Yes, im totally calling you gay... >.>

(im just indicating that no women... anywhere... would choose nutsack as a screen name)

and Pineapple will stay female in my head until SHE stops giving a fuck about hiding her gender

(unless she's just scared of IAGAY, then its totally understandable)

Men do not care who knows that they are men, anywhere, Pineapple does... therefore, i must conclude Pineapple is a female

What Would Kharn Do?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see the Pineapple as

I see the Pineapple as white, 23, male, height above 5'7'', weight above 190, slightly scruffy facial hair.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:nutxaq

The Doomed Soul wrote:

nutxaq wrote:

Yes, im totally calling you gay... >.>

(im just indicating that no women... anywhere... would choose nutsack as a screen name)

and Pineapple will stay female in my head until SHE stops giving a fuck about hiding her gender

(unless she's just scared of IAGAY, then its totally understandable)

Men do not care who knows that they are men, anywhere, Pineapple does... therefore, i must conclude Pineapple is a female

I'm inclined to agree. I think the idea that your gender could be discerned by the nature and style of the thoughts you express, based on my experience, would only be surprising to a woman. Ironically they are always the most offended by the application of generalizations to people.

Proof, Paul Simon

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have always thought of

I have always thought of Pineapple as a 30 something female. Married with no kids (yet)  works  in a bank and enjoys reading. She and her partner in marriage have been together for 10 years...

And Heyzeus is all MAN  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
Only questionable one to this point

would , in my mind, be Pineapple. Female

I've only been here a short while although I've been reading the forums/visiting the site for over a year now and this thread reminds me that I've been meaning to do an introduction of me in the proper place.... just need more time.

But, is that my pic or isn't it ????  Hmmmm......

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I recall correctly, Cpt.

If I recall correctly, Cpt. is a Canadian University student, and again, if I recall correctly, he is male.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wonko wrote:would , in my

Wonko wrote:

would , in my mind, be Pineapple. Female

I've only been here a short while although I've been reading the forums/visiting the site for over a year now and this thread reminds me that I've been meaning to do an introduction of me in the proper place.... just need more time.

But, is that my pic or isn't it ????  Hmmmm......

Dude, even if this isn't your pic...leave it.

I have soft spot for men in uniform.......  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always thought pineapple

I always thought pineapple was a tranny that just really loved Jesus, not for his teachings... but for his ripped abs.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I obviously won't correct

I obviously won't correct the gender part, but others:

HeyZeus got my age. I wonder how he knew that >_> He got my height/weight wrong and no scruffy facial hair.

Quote:

I have always thought of Pineapple as a 30 something female. Married with no kids (yet)  works  in a bank and enjoys reading. She and her partner in marriage have been together for 10 years...

I'm not married and I don't work at a bank.

Quote:

Canadian University student

Yep.

As for the others

Thomathy: Guy. I saw his previous avatar and it seemed to be a self-potriat. (Plus the user name..)

nutxaq: Guy: he just said so.

shelleymtjoy: Obviously girl.

Doomed Soul: Guy

Prozac: Guy

Renee: Obvious, female.

Wonko: I assume self-potrait so male.

deludedgod: Male.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Actually, I hope this isn't

Actually, I hope this isn't all semantics Capn and you give us the truth regarding your physical appearance and gender, and don't just say...ha, made you guess, and you will never know. That would be lame.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I obviously won't correct the gender part, but others:

That wasn't obvious at all! I want to know what your bits are!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Revised version.... 23,

Revised version.... 23, male, 3'7'', 87lbs, fu manchu mustache!

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
CP writes like a guy, so

CP writes like a guy, so that's my guess.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firstly, if you don't want

Firstly, if you don't want us to know who you are Pinapple, then that's fine, but then don't play these stupid games. If you really didn't think it mattered, you'd just not deal with it at all.

Here we are adults, that talk about real world experiences we have, and I think the least I could do is tell you who I really am. I've made an honest introduction to the forum where I've told everyone as much as I am comfortable with, and had I had something I didn't want to divulge for whatever reason, that still might seem relevant to some, I could have said in that introduction, my reasons for wanting to keep such a thing to myself.

I am an atheist, but living in Denmark as I do, I have no particular animosity against religion. I go to church every christmas, and generally like talking about religious themes in a metaphorical sense, which is why I have alot of sympathy for I Am God As You and Eloise for example.

I think you sometimes make some good points when responding to posts here, but I have alot less sympathy for you, because you usually make these little stabs from the sideline, and rarely put yourself out there at all. If you are always gonna sit there saying: "That's what you think", and then retreat back into the mystery that you surround yourself with, then I'm not gonna be able to agree with you, even if I might otherwise have done so. Tell me you think for once, put yourself out there just a little, or change the nature of yoru posting to something other than making little jabs at people who do put themselves out there.

You don't have to tell anyone who you are, but at least understand that as long as you don't you are not being very honest, and that's okay as long as we are discussing superficial issues, but when we are discussing serious personal feelings and oppinions, it is very unsettling to deal with someone who refuses to divolge anything about themselves.

Seconly, on a more general note. I think that on forums like this it it somewhat inappropriate to have a avatar-pic that is a photograph portrait of one person, if it is not you. It is one thing if you are on a huge forum with a different, more inpersonal subject matter, but here people often talk about themselves, and their own experiences. I don't like that those people can't be honest enough to tell me their real name, gender, age, and where they live in the world. My unscreen name is usually Vince, in computergames and such, and on less personal forums, and I usually use avatar pics of various symbols that I like.

That I choose to use my real name here, and a recent picture of myself is my own choice, and not necessary, but if I used a normal picture of a man or woman, and my forum-name was Alice or Bob to correspond to the picture, that would be dishonest I think.

Just as an example: even HeyZeus' picture confuses me. Even though I recognize it from The Big Lebowski, when I read his posts, I sorta automatically envision him as the person in the picture. And Pinapple is a teenage skatergirl when I read her/his posts. Regardless of what he/she actually is.

And I don't like being thrown off like that Pinapple. So either tell us once and for all that is is not you in the avatar pic, or change it.

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj My sig is Avril

Nikolaj

My sig is Avril Lavigne. She's pretty well known so I assumed people would know who it was. However I don't know how well known she is outside North America.

And I think you're reading too much into my post. I wasn't trying to hide anything, I was just seeing how accuratly people can guess gender based on posts for fun. This topic isn't just about me. I guessed the genders of the other posters and others guessed them.

And I do say what I think, I recently created a topic saying what I think

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/14390

They are also some old ones that I'll try to dig up.

So I do say what I think, but I don't want to reveal too much where people can read.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:Just as an

Nikolaj wrote:

Just as an example: even HeyZeus' picture confuses me. Even though I recognize it from The Big Lebowski, when I read his posts, I sorta automatically envision him as the person in the picture.

Actually Nikolaj, I am a mid-40s latino who enjoys bowling and eight-year-olds, Dude.Lol, jk. I used to have my avatar pic a personal photo, but found this funnier, personally.

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I do know who Avril

Well, I do know who Avril Lavigne is, but i didn't recognize her in the picture. But as per my previous post, if you have a person in your avatar picture, then you are that person in my mind. So until you tell us more about who you really are, you are Avril Lavigne, as far as I'm concerned. So hi Avril.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i mean pineapple you

yeah, i mean pineapple you don't *have* to do anything but i echo what nikolaj is getting at - if you're going to start a thread on guessing your gender people kinda expect you to actually provide the answer at some point. 

ps. the pic is really me.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote:yeah, i

shelleymtjoy wrote:

yeah, i mean pineapple you don't *have* to do anything but i echo what nikolaj is getting at - if you're going to start a thread on guessing your gender people kinda expect you to actually provide the answer at some point. 

ps. the pic is really me.

Can't we at least wait till more people arrive?

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
My feelings says Cap's a

My feelings says Cap's a girl, but my brain says it's a boy. I'll go with boy, if you can call a 23 y/o that.

Loc's male.

Thomathy's male.

nutxaq too.

Shelley's female.

Doomed's a definite male.

So's Prozac.

And HeyZeus.

But not Renee.

Wonko is, though.

Just like deluded.

And stunt.

Gerij's no different.

Neither's Nikolaj.

(Oh, and yes, that's me on my picture as well. Really. It's me every time a believer gets his theist on. )

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

Wonko
Wonko's picture
User is offlineOffline
YES,

The photo is me, taken @ 7 weeks ago.

I'll save the age and other stuff for an appropriate introduction when I have the time to type up and post.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cpt is a male

Cpt is a male ..... I was going to bring this up a few days ago, as I noticed the responses to Cpt were obviously unaware of this ..... but it didn't much matter ..... actually amusing and telling ..... chivalry !

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:Cpt is

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

Cpt is a male ..... I was going to bring this up a few days ago, as I noticed the responses to Cpt were obviously unaware of this ..... but it didn't much matter ..... actually amusing and telling ..... chivalry !

I finally understood something you said!

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cool .... the wisdom (?) of

Cool .... the wisdom (?) of rum will not work for everyone ! .... Raised an atheist is only part of my communication problem !  

I was taught I AM GOD , maybe that will help,  if you bother with my simple posts ... lol 

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
AbandonMyPeace wrote:I AM

AbandonMyPeace wrote:

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

I finally understood something you said!

Welcome into the fold.

Oh, and Cpt_Pineapple is male. Anyone read that massive study about male & female grafitti in bathrooms? I'll have to find it. The over-arching idea was that men tend to make statements or challenges, whereas women will ask questions or be supportive. The same holds true for other forms of anonymous expression, like ... oh, say ... internet forums.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I can not understand that

I can not understand that you don't understand what I understand about your understanding of understanding of what I understand you understand !  Understand ?    No, I don't understand !  

I have friends in small low places ...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dSEkiXRTY

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: Oh, and

HisWillness wrote:

Oh, and Cpt_Pineapple is male.

Now that his gender is a matter or certainty he could at least compromise on his choice of avatars by instead posting an image of Canadian singer K. D. Lang.  She's a woman who's almost a man.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My avatar is a pic of me and

My avatar is a pic of me and my dad.  It's a bitch to type when you only have the hands of an infant.

Don't tell my dad that I typed bitch, ok?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

Oh, and Cpt_Pineapple is male.

Now that his gender is a matter or certainty he could at least compromise on his choice of avatars by instead posting an image of Canadian singer K. D. Lang.  She's a woman who's almost a man.

That is world's of wrong!  Whole, entire worlds!  K.D. Lang scares me so very much.  I wonder if she'll be in the Dyke March this weekend?

So, Ctp. can you tell us what it is about Avril Lavigne?  If she forms any of your fantasies?  And Sailor Moon.  Are you gay?  Any gay?  Telling us these things won't ruin your surprise.  That was a photo of me, Ctp.  Wasn't is great?  I'm thinking about putting up another one of me if I look good in any of the photos that will get taken of me over Pride.

I agree with Proper Gander's assessment so far, who is a guy and add that I AM GOD AS YOU is a man god.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote: K.D. Lang

Thomathy wrote:
K.D. Lang scares me so very much.

What is it about butch lesbian woman that is so scary to homosexual men? Is it that they are just too much like heterosexual men? I feell totally at ease around lesbians. They like being maskuline, and they like sleeping with women; so do I.

I totally get them, but do you really have to be sexually attracted to the same gender as someone else, in order to feel at ease around that person? I think it would be a shame if that's the case... But hey, maybe it is. I have to admit, homosexual men scare me a little bit because I don't get them, though of course not nearly as much as women scare me, cause I certainly don't get them.

Oh, and also: Eye-wink

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:So, Ctp. can

Thomathy wrote:

So, Ctp. can you tell us what it is about Avril Lavigne?  If she forms any of your fantasies?  And Sailor Moon.  Are you gay?  Any gay?  Telling us these things won't ruin your surprise.  That was a photo of me, Ctp.  Wasn't is great?  I'm thinking about putting up another one of me if I look good in any of the photos that will get taken of me over Pride.

I agree with Proper Gander's assessment so far, who is a guy and add that I AM GOD AS YOU is a man god.

If you think I'm a guy, I don't get how you assume I'm gay for putting Sailor Moon/Avril Lavigne in my avatar.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:If you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

If you think I'm a guy, I don't get how you assume I'm gay for putting Sailor Moon/Avril Lavigne in my avatar.

Hahaha!

Whoo!

Hehe.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Thomathy

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

Because your avatar is a representation of your appearance, personality or both. I don't know of any straight guys over 14 who are into them, or would admit it to their friends for that matter.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Proof, Paul Simon

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Hahaha!

Whoo!

Hehe.

My straight brother bought a pink Nintendo DS.

I guess some guys are just comfortable with that kind of stuff.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Yes, just like I am comfortable with avatars that are mostly dark and morbid and I also remember being severely reprimanded by a couple of fellow RRS members ( one of which was you ) who found one of them too "offensive"....but since I'm a nice guy, I changed it.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:My

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I reject this statement.

QuasarX
QuasarX's picture
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I reject this statement.

Hey, I'm straight and pink is my favorite color.  Nothing catches my eye faster than a cute girl wearing a pink shirt.  (I tend to buy black or gray things, though.)

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
I'm a guy, and i will admit

I'm a guy, and i will admit that i like sailor moon, i also like Chobits (if you don't know what i am talking about look it up Sticking out tongue ) I will also say i like most all anime/manga etc.  Whats wrong with a guy admitting be likes something like that?

I try to only use one picture for may avatar (which is the one i have up). I use it cuz i don't have any recent pictures of myself, because i hate having pictures taken of me. Plus i like this whole guessing game of whether people are male or female.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I was being super vague like

I was being super vague like the Capn, I reject he has a brother, sheesh. Always jumping to conclusions!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:I was

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

I was being super vague like the Capn, I reject he has a brother, sheesh. Always jumping to conclusions!

i c wat u did thar

jackass.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: My

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I only buy pink toothbrushes. Because if I don't use a pink toothbrush, I never know which one is mine.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

HeyZeusCreaseToe wrote:

i c wat u did thar

jackass.

Snap! Booyah!