Paisley = Chancellor

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paisley = Chancellor

Ha ha, unless I'm mistaken  Paisley is over at the Internet Infidels forum calling himself Chancellor.  He's even using the same old lame phrases "lurking god belief"  blah blah.  

http://iidb.infidels.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=246452&page3

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yes Prozac, I'm certain you

Yes Prozac, I'm certain you are correct, that's our friend Paisley. I have asked why he doesn't concentrate on "saving" them "God of Abe" sheep instead. (???)

Oh well, I have no big grips with 'pantheisms' .... In fact I think at this historical time it is helpful. It's an xlint higher step up the ladder, that the "god of abe" folks can relate too, to help them in abandoning their superstitions and dogmas.  

I also appreciate the way our elegant Eloise presents it , as a message of "Oneness". Pantheism is basically a philosophical scientific musing on the the nature of consciousness related to E/M.

[ edit - DG,  no like my equation!    -  I meant, Energy / Matter 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Definitely sounds like the

Definitely sounds like the asshat.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:nature of

Quote:

nature of consciousness related to E/M.

EM? As in electromagnetism? How precisely are EM and consciousness related?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Energy / Matter is the

Energy / Matter is the substance of all Consciousness, in my simple opinion. Pantheists seem to question this, but I don't mind, as they seem to not attach dangerous dogmas to their ideas ..... at least most of them, as I understand them.

Atheists and Pantheists reject 'God of Abe doctrine', and that is good ....

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's clearly his style

I agree it's Paisley as it has the same tricksy techniques and obvious disdain for atheists. His wording of "lurking God belief" and athestic worldview, use of QM, etc is all pure Paisley. Guess he is still pursuing his vendetta against all the atheists he can find. Such a waste of a mind. He should get a girlfriend or find a hobby.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Paisley's ( aka Chancellor

Paisley's ( aka Chancellor )  thread is now up to five pages.  His panentheistic merry go round  is picking up speed and definitions are colliding  like bumper cars. 

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Definitely

MattShizzle wrote:

Definitely sounds like the asshat.

I believe he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder, the same "disease" which afflicts President G. W. Bush.

According to Wikipedia, all it takes is five or more of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique
  4. requires excessive admiration
  5. has a sense of entitlement
  6. is interpersonally exploitative
  7. lacks empathy
  8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Paisley AKA chancellor exhibits 1, 2 (he thinks he's brilliant), 3, 4, 7, and 9, and perhaps others which have not manifested in conversation. You could probably make an argument for '8', too, with the "lurking God belief" as a form of envy.

This disorder, coupled with his inability to concede even the most trivial of points (a result of this disorder), makes it a waste of time conversing with him.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:I believe

nigelTheBold wrote:

I believe he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder, the same "disease" which afflicts President G. W. Bush.

According to Wikipedia, all it takes is five or more of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique
  4. requires excessive admiration
  5. has a sense of entitlement
  6. is interpersonally exploitative
  7. lacks empathy
  8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

>.>

<.<

>.>

1 through 9... /check

What Would Kharn Do?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
has a grandiose sense of

has a grandiose sense of self-importance

My time is too important to waste reading this stupid topic

is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

Sorry, wasn't paying attention

believes that he or she is "special" and unique

Jesus loves me.

requires excessive admiration

Say I'm pretty. SAY IT!

has a sense of entitlement

You owe me an apology.

acks empathy

So what?

is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her.

You wish I was envious of you.

shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Fuck you.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
One less pantheist?

What's happened to our dear friend paisley?  Seems to have left the material universe since PDW blew his cover.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:What's

zarathustra wrote:

What's happened to our dear friend paisley?  Seems to have left the material universe since PDW blew his cover.

I believe he's attacking atheists elsewhere ( at least three other sites  ) while using the exact same argument that he used here at RRS.  

His condescending attitude and argumentative style seems to be his trademark. 

Paisley
Theist
Paisley's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Ha ha,

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Ha ha, unless I'm mistaken  Paisley is over at the Internet Infidels forum calling himself Chancellor.  He's even using the same old lame phrases "lurking god belief"  blah blah.  

This wouldn't be the first time that you were mistaken. Now, do you really think I would make the following argument? 

http://iidb.infidels.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=246694&page=3

"Scientists animated by the purpose of proving they are purposeless constitute an interesting subject for study." - Alfred North Whitehead

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Good to see ya Paisley. I

Good to see ya Paisley. I checked that Chancellor out and would have bet that was you. Maybe you guys are reading the same books ?!! Do you promise on your personal honor that ain't you? This is spooky man .... ! 

Hey, "save" any Christians yet ??? ....

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paisley wrote:This wouldn't

Paisley wrote:

This wouldn't be the first time that you were mistaken. Now, do you really think I would make the following argument? 

I certainly wouldn't put it beyond you.  You change your premises more frequently than you breathe.  It wouldn't be the first time that you've directly contradicted yourself -- and of course whenever that happens, you exercise your "tongue-in-cheek" escape clause.

Also quite curious how long you kept your silence before coming to your own defense.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Paisley wrote: This

Paisley wrote:

edited because I really don't give a shit anymore.

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Paisley

Paisley wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

What, that Sam Harris is actually a pantheist? I'm pretty sure you have made that argument, Mongo.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid