Hello from me

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello from me

I just watched the ABC news debate (with Kirk Cameron and the other idiot) and wanted to sign up and lend my moral support to RRS. I am not yet an Atheist, however I am leaning that way from Agnostic. I hope I can be of some use around here.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:(with

Crabbybastard wrote:

(with Kirk Cameron and the other idiot)

Hahaha...

The other idiot... is ''Banana Man'', and as sarcastic as that sounds... its the truth >.>

What Would Kharn Do?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Ray Comfort is the other idiot;   that comedy team of Comfort & Cameron has created more atheists since they teamed up  then all the efforts of RRS combined.

I'm from  near Toronto Canada where be you hail from?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:I am not

Crabbybastard wrote:

I am not yet an Atheist, however I am leaning that way from Agnostic.

yet? What does this mean?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

I am not yet an Atheist, however I am leaning that way from Agnostic.

yet? What does this mean?

The brainwashing effect of so many years has been difficult to break. I've gone through Christian, Jehovah's witness, Baptist. I have been slowly clearing my mind. I was a deist not that long ago and when I posed a question on another board (the same question Sam Harris asked in one of his books - How can God allow a little girl to be kidnapped, raped, and killed?) the answers made me change my mind. I don't know at this point if there is a God, however, if he stands by and does nothing he is as bad as the rapist. I went Agnostic because there are still thoughts and feelings I have that I can't explain.

The rest of the info on me:

Male, 42 years old, married, computer tech, live near Los Angeles, Ca.

Clever comment here

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard,

Welcome aboard, Crabbybastard. I hope you stick around and chat on the forums—we don't have enough crabby bastards, I think Eye-wink

I noticed that you describe yourself as an agnostic with an atheistic leaning. I think you might've been misled about the proper definitions of those terms, as they are frequently misdefined by theists and even self-described agnostics. I think you would benefit from reading these articles when you have the time to learn about the true meaning of the terms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist
http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/a/atheism.htm

Most of the members on this forum are agnostic atheists, and even some of the theists here (such as Cpt_pineapple above) are agnostic as well. (Cpt_pineapple's response was about your use of the words atheist and agnostic. Just letting you know, if you were confused by the response.)

You'll fit right in on these forums though, I'm sure of it Smiling

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
thanks

Very nice welcome VP, thanks so much.

I should have defined my terminology better, sorry.  I went from knowing that God exsists ( as a Deist ) to not knowing for sure (Agnostic). I'm leaning toward Atheist meaning not believing in a God / Gods at all. I guess I'm not yet willing to place the Atheist label on myself.

Clever comment here

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks

Thank you very much Mattshizzle and I hope I wont offend you when I say (from reading some of your posts) you really need to get laid.

Clever comment here

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think someone with

I don't think someone with crabby in their name should give sex advice Eye-wink

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

(with Kirk Cameron and the other idiot)

Hahaha...

The other idiot... is ''Banana Man'', and as sarcastic as that sounds... its the truth >.>

I thought Banana Man was eric?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!There is in fact a

Welcome!

There is in fact a good piece on agnosticism and atheism at this very site: http://www.rationalresponders.com/am_i_agnostic_or_atheist

Have a look and see what you think.

I'm sure you'll fit right in and have a great time.I understand where you're coming from.After I left fundamental christianity, I first explored wicca, then called myself agnostic. Eventually I got to atheist.As you'll see from the link, it's not a big jump at all.

While we're sharing links,feel free to go read my story and see if you relate. http://freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Loc%27s_deconversion

Enjoy!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Welcome!There is

Loc wrote:

Welcome!

There is in fact a good piece on agnosticism and atheism at this very site: http://www.rationalresponders.com/am_i_agnostic_or_atheist

Have a look and see what you think.

I'm sure you'll fit right in and have a great time.I understand where you're coming from.After I left fundamental christianity, I first explored wicca, then called myself agnostic. Eventually I got to atheist.As you'll see from the link, it's not a big jump at all.

While we're sharing links,feel free to go read my story and see if you relate.http://freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Loc%27s_deconversion

Enjoy!

Thanks Loc, I enjoyed the read. I guess the terms I've used have the definition I choose. I do agree that I am (funny that I still hesitate while writing this) an Agnostic Atheist in many ways. Wait, I'm not sure I should use that label. I guess I should do a little more soul searching (pardon the theist terms please) before I try to label myself. Maybe I should just say "Hi, I'm human"?

Clever comment here

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox wrote:I don't

Visual_Paradox wrote:

I don't think someone with crabby in their name should give sex advice Eye-wink

That was a good laugh, Thanks. However, it refers to attitude, not STD.

Clever comment here

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Maybe I

Crabbybastard wrote:

Maybe I should just say "Hi, I'm human"?

Indeed,many people on this site will agree the word atheist shouldn't exist.Like Harris says, we don't have words for people who don't believe in astrology,fairies,bigfoot etc. But for now,theism is so prevalent we actually have to out ourselves as people who don't believe in a magical sky god.

BTW,I noticed my second link was clikcy so I fixed it

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums you

Welcome to the forums you CrabbyBastard!

I'm an agnostic atheist too!  Formerly I was a Southern Baptist until the age of around 30.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome! There's plenty of

Welcome! There's plenty of crabby fun to be had here.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Very

Crabbybastard wrote:

I should have defined my terminology better, sorry.  I went from knowing that God exsists ( as a Deist ) to not knowing for sure (Agnostic). I'm leaning toward Atheist meaning not believing in a God / Gods at all. I guess I'm not yet willing to place the Atheist label on myself.

Welcome Bastard. Is the reason you don't want the 'label' yet :

1. You still have rational doubts. A rational reason to be agnostic.

2. Fear of what may happen after death and the torture 'Gawd' may do to you if you're an atheist. Taking Pascal's wager.

3. Don't want to outed to family, friends and associates. Don't want the atheist social stigma.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Atheist

I always think of myself as a hard core atheist.  I don't really have patience for theist's, or any others.  Welcome abroad Crabbybastard.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Crabbybastard

EXC wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

Welcome Bastard. Is the reason you don't want the 'label' yet :

1. You still have rational doubts. A rational reason to be agnostic.

2. Fear of what may happen after death and the torture 'Gawd' may do to you if you're an atheist. Taking Pascal's wager.

3. Don't want to outed to family, friends and associates. Don't want the atheist social stigma.

Thanks.

I think number one is close. two and three don't apply at all. I don't believe in the bible or any other "holy" books and I don't care about what people think (I'm 6'5 250lbs and into martial arts - most people don't argue with me).

Clever comment here

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Thanks.I

Crabbybastard wrote:

Thanks.

I think number one is close. two and three don't apply at all. I don't believe in the bible or any other "holy" books and I don't care about what people think (I'm 6'5 250lbs and into martial arts - most people don't argue with me).

Care to share with us your rational reasons to have doubt? Which god do you have doubts about? Why make the distinction between gods?

I'd say I'm an agnostic on life being created by other beings in another dimension or planet or life being transported to earth from other solar systems. We could be living in something like the Matrix. If this is the case, our 'creators' obviously never intervene in this world, so why worry about them. The "holy" books are pure myth. Is this close to what you believe?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yo!

Hey Crabby! Always good to see a new face.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Hi again

You say your married, is your wife also on here?  Is she Atheist or ??

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Damn it

Where's my grammar check when I need it?

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boon Docks wrote:Where's my

Boon Docks wrote:

Where's my grammar check when I need it?

Not to worry - it's not a teste err test. She hates to talk about religion (one of the reasons I'm here, I can't seem to find anyone that wants to talk). She is an Atheist as far as I know, meaning she doesn't go either way. I doubt she thinks about it at all.

Clever comment here

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline

EXC wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

Thanks.

Care to share with us your rational reasons to have doubt? Which god do you have doubts about? Why make the distinction between gods?

I'd say I'm an agnostic on life being created by other beings in another dimension or planet or life being transported to earth from other solar systems. We could be living in something like the Matrix. If this is the case, our 'creators' obviously never intervene in this world, so why worry about them. The "holy" books are pure myth. Is this close to what you believe?

Nope, don't believe in being seeded, brought, or the Matrix. What it boils down to is that I want to know what started evolution. How did it come to be. The force that began the process. What is life?

Clever comment here

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Here's my favourite

Here's my favourite summary:

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks

Very informative. As a matter of fact, I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and came to a decision. Atheism is the only logical choice. Until further evicence presents itself (IE God slaps me) I  am going to go with Atheist.

Clever comment here

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Very

Crabbybastard wrote:

Very informative. As a matter of fact, I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and came to a decision. Atheism is the only logical choice. Until further evicence presents itself (IE God slaps me) I  am going to go with Atheist.

That's great to hear.It's not really that big a deal afterwards is it?I sort of just slid from 'agnostic' to atheist easily.

I hope you'll be sticking around here,at this rate we'll have you cooking kittens is no time Eye-wink I know what you mean about having no one to debate with. Whenever I try debate with my christian friends(and they pretty much all are) it doesn't get far. They apparently have the creator of the universe on their side,but they never want to prove it to me.Go figure.

dudeofthemoment wrote:

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:I  am

Crabbybastard wrote:

I  am going to go with Atheist.

I don't know about you, but I felt massive relief after that same realization. I was watching this video of Sam Harris, and just started laughing. Hopefully it give you the same amusement:

[ed: I had the wrong video - fixed!]

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

As one Crabby Bastard to another, the Politically Correct term is 'Curmudgeon'...

Welcome to rationality...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thats funny

I listened to another of his letures this morning on my way to work. I am a member of his website forums as well. Although I have to say that the person that really got me started down this road was Chris Hitchens.

Clever comment here

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks LC

Louis_Cypher wrote:

As one Crabby Bastard to another, the Politically Correct term is 'Curmudgeon'...

Welcome to rationality...

LC >;-}>

I like Curmudgeon, but, if you emphasize the bastard part it takes on a whole new meaning.

Clever comment here

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard

Crabbybastard wrote:

Atheism is the only logical choice. Until further evicence presents itself (IE God slaps me) I  am going to go with Atheist.

Congratulations. Now that Satan has entered you, we can invite you to our next 'Baby Eating Ritual'.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
yum

EXC wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

Atheism is the only logical choice. Until further evicence presents itself (IE God slaps me) I  am going to go with Atheist.

Congratulations. Now that Satan has entered you, we can invite you to our next 'Baby Eating Ritual'.

Human babies or kittens? I get confused as to what bad things Atheists do. So, now that I have enbraced atheism...

Where is my handbook full of evil stuff I can now do?

Clever comment here

shikko
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Human

Crabbybastard wrote:

Human babies or kittens? I get confused as to what bad things Atheists do. So, now that I have enbraced atheism...

Don't you read the objections of our detractors?  It's all in here:

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Less violence in that book

Less violence in that book than the bible.

But I still think I'll pass.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
nope

shikko wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

Don't you read the objections of our detractors?  It's all in here:

Couldn't be - not enough sex and eating of kittens.

Clever comment here

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Human

Crabbybastard wrote:

Sorry just human, Hamby and Matt S. are cat lovers so I don't think they'd go along.

I think Greydon stole the only handbook copy we kept. Damn atheist thieves.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline

EXC wrote:

Crabbybastard wrote:

Sorry just human, Hamby and Matt S. are cat lovers so I don't think they'd go along.

I think Greydon stole the only handbook copy we kept. Damn atheist thieves.

Ok, how about puppies and goldfish? Are those ok?

Clever comment here

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crabbybastard wrote:Ok, how

Crabbybastard wrote:

Ok, how about puppies and goldfish? Are those ok?

No, I like dogs. Only goldfish crackers. We're pretty much just into Theist babies. We have a hard time finding any babies espousing a Theist belief in order to eat.

Crabbybastard
Crabbybastard's picture
User is offlineOffline
lazy or busy

Sorry, I didn't know where else to ask and I am being lazy (because I'm busy?). Is the Blasphemy challenge still going on? If I take the challenge do I still get the DVD? If I get a video of myself with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort taking the challenge do I get to see Kellym78 in a bikini?

Clever comment here

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Crabby, to help insure you

Crabby, to help insure you don't slip backwards, just maybe these simple thoughts will be of some use. LOL

The "Force", the unknown reason(s) for all existence, is basically called "God". Therefore  g o d  is everything, therefore you are 100% god, therefore no "Higher Other",  No Master, all is ONE. Therefore GOD is Atheist as you, the "highest" / "holy" wisdom demands you are "Atheist".

I = ME , as story Moses said I am what I am, no god before ME, no idols.

Story Jesus said, I am one with the Cosmos ( father ) I am god as you, "ye are god(s) .....

Take these good words into yourself, and share this "saving", "good word", the message of "ONENESS" ....          

Keep the AWE, be a scientist/philosopher/atheist preacher teacher/ lover

~  This has been a  G 'A W E' D message ~

I often send this Atheist "Angel". I think she will inspire you ....

*     "Wisdom of the Buddha" 8 min,    *
                         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsb-woP3jI

.... pass it on, keep the candle burning ..... the "light" ....