Upcoming Shows and Guests [Updated 5/1/2008]

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Upcoming Shows and Guests [Updated 5/1/2008]

Well, I know its been some time.  But starting May 7th, 2008, the show will be featuring some new guests, normal time (8pm EST) in Stickam.

Our first guest on the show for May 7th is Dr. Hector Avalos, coming on to discuss his new book, The End of Biblical Studies.  Dr. Avalos was recently in BAR (Biblical Archaeology Review) where he wrote a short commentary on the problems of Biblical Scholarship today.  Later in that same issue (May/June 2008, Vol. 34 No. 3) Dr. Avalos' book was reviewed by John Merill.  Dr. Avalos was also in the recent anti-evolution (anti-science) movie Expelled as a critic of Intelligent Design.

Next up, with in a few weeks (hopefully sooner - update forthcoming), Rene Salm will be on the show to discuss his book and his hypothesis that the small polis of Nazareth never existed. 

Soon after (or before Rene appears), Frank Zindler is also scheduled to be on the show.  Frank has written many books, but most notably is his book The Jesus the Jews Never Knew is one of my favorites. 

Stay tuned for updates. 

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 I will be there to listen

I will be there to listen to Hector for sure. The guy is so fucking awesome.   I go to the same university as that he professes at, and he is the advisor of the Atheist and agnostic society here,  so i may be a bit bias

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Woohoo! So when will they be

Woohoo! So when will they be available for downlOAD?

By the way if you can afford to subscribe and don't you not only suck royal ass but you must give up your title of cool atheist forever.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Where have you guys been. I

Where have you guys been. I miss you guys. I wanna cry............I've been surrounded by theists with no RRS to listen to.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Be ready for tonight. 

Be ready for tonight.  Hector Avalos is on at 8pm EST!  See original post for details!

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any chance of getting this

Any chance of getting this played again Friday night (even unedited) for those of us who can't make it?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/