Denying that HIV causes AIDS

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Denying that HIV causes AIDS

Does anyone have any more information about this extreme claim? I heard it mentioned but

don't know anything about it really. Apparently it's another conspiracy theory. They had better

have some very strong evidence if they expect anyone outside the extreme UFO crowd to believe

that every single piece of medical evidence we have is wrong!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can tell you of one famous

I can tell you of one famous person who made this claim-the president of South Africa. Yip, we might have the highest AIDS rate in thwe world, but at least out president knows that HIV is a conspiracy by the CIA and pharmecutical companies. Where does AIDS really come from you ask? Aliens.

Couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

He eventually withdrew his remarks after severe critisism.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
HIV/AIDS

The President of South Africa Thabo Mbeki, doesn't want the world to think his people are promiscuous, the only people buying into this can best be  described as Mbeki's brown-nosers,  unfortnately they make up the government.

In very un diplomatic language the UN envoy no less called Mbeki's "...theories more worthy of a lunatic fringe then of a concerned and compassionate state."

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
There are actually some

There are actually some wackos who really believe this though - usually the same types who believe in other conspiracy theories. I'm not even talking about the nuts that say it was started by the CIA - I'm wondering what they are trying to say causes it if not the HIV virus?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its shit like this that

Its shit like this that makes me think theres no hope for the human race

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's pure distilled garbage.

It's pure distilled garbage. The small but irritating group of HIV/AIDS causality deniers keep insisting that there is no evidence for the causal connection between HIV and AIDs and that we don't know how HIV causes the destruction of CD4 cells. This is complete nonsense and the fact that they've continued repeatedly to make these assertions after being invited, repeatedly, to read some of the literature on the manner, is completely irrational. We do know, precisely, how HIV causes AIDS. We have made massive breakthroughs in our understanding of HIV in the last 10 years and can now tell precisely (that is, in terms of the nine genes that constitute the HIV genome) how the process works. So, we do know. THe fact that they don't is their problem.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I'm wondering what

Quote:
I'm wondering what they are trying to say causes it if not the HIV virus?

Nine times out of ten? Chemtrails.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Here's the latest asshat

Here's the latest asshat that does this - ever hear of Gary_Null ? He denys HIV causing aids, spouts nonsense about vaccinations, etc. He pushes all kinds of "atlernative medicine" and "natural suppliments." He has even claimed you can get perfect health and live forever if you follow his advice! People believe this utter shit. He sounds like a conman and frankly I think he should go to prison for this. THAT is what's wrong with pseudoscience - people follow this instead of actual medicine that works and end up sick or dead. I think anyone pushing that HIV doesn't cause AIDS should submit to being injected with the HIV virus, and if they refuse they can no longer make the claim.

ackbar
ackbar's picture
User is offlineOffline
The one guy I have run into

The one guy I have run into online, believes that the ANTI hiv drugs CAUSE AIDS, not hiv.

He thinks HIV is in no way related to AIDS.

of course he also believes that the earth is 6000 years old, and that global warming is not man made and is a good sign that his god is returning soon..

Interestingly, one of the main HIV/aids link denyers dies recently(?) of aids related illnesses..... trying to prove a point?  and failing.