Dawkins to appear in Dr Who

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dawkins to appear in Dr Who

From the British Humanist Assoc bulletin;

Richard Dawkins will appear in the new series of Doctor Who, it has been revealed. Professor Dawkins will appear as himself alongside stars David Tennant and Catherine Tate, and joins an illustrious list of previous celebrity guests including journalist Andrew Marr and pop princess Kylie Minogue.

Most excellent.

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool I guess

I am a big scifi fan, and I know the UK doesn't have a ton of scifi shows that cross over into North American fandom, but does anyone think this show is pretty good? I saw it twice and was disappointed with it. I hope Dawks comes off well and not is not cheesed up. If he is playing himself, he should do fine.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda

Sadzaeater
Sadzaeater's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's pitched at a very wide

It's pitched at a very wide audience here, airing at 18.20 on Saturdays, and is written to have (I guess) about a PG rating. It's also seriously popular.

Entertainment value, it's pretty good, even if it does serve up a big slice of cheese from time to time.

The spinoff, Torchwood, is considerably edgier and is a better show for it. Recommend it.

Stop that... It's silly.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Three of the five TV shows I

Three of the five TV shows I watch regulary are from the UK - Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Robin Hood. I think they're all excellent. Another show I watch, The Riches, has two British actors playing the leads (Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver).

British TV has been superior to American TV for some time now.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?