Lights wave particle duality.

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lights wave particle duality.

Is this duality still a dilemma in modern science ? What are all the property’s of light and with of then is particle like and with wave like ?

What would happen if I took a mono colored glass and send light true it and then the filtered light toke true a north glass however this time it would by of a different color ?

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Carx,Your English is a

Hi Carx,

Your English is a bit indecipherable in this post. I'll do my best but I may have to ask you to repeat a few things OK.

carx wrote:

Is this duality still a dilemma in modern science ?

No, it's not. Light is an energy exchange between electrons, it was once thought that electrons were particles thus the duality dilemma. It is true that light and electrons demonstrate properties of particles, but it is basically known now that they are "not", at least not in the way we once thought they were. We now know that the "actual" electron is a wave structure, and the apparent particle-like behaviour which we used to call a particle is now known as an electron state, a discrete packet of energy belonging to the wave.

carx wrote:

What are all the property’s of light and with of then is particle like and with wave like ?

Light photons, like electron states are discrete packets of energy which likewise pertain "actually" to a wave, these are otherwise referred to as quanta.

Now quanta have material validity, even though they don't actually 'exist' in the sense that you might expect them to if they did. Particle-like quantisations of energy have a very important role in fundamental physical law. That is to say, we may know that electrons and photons are wave structures, not particles, but this does not mean we ignore their particle like behaviour.

What we have, then, is a better understanding of what a particle actually is and isn't. So what we throw out , so to speak, is our old ideas of what constitutes a particle. A particle is, in a manner of speaking, a "thing that waves can do".

After that the question becomes How?

What would happen if I took a mono colored glass and send light true it and then the filtered light toke true a north glass however this time it would by of a different color ?

Okay, I think what you are asking is, if you had one coloured glass and you filtered a white light through that and then through another colour would the final beam of light be a mix of the two colours? Is that what you are asking?

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com