According to him and C.S. Lewis, faith is the only answer

Faithless1981
User is offlineOffline
According to him and C.S. Lewis, faith is the only answer

I have finals coming up, and really, don't have time to respond to this one. If you would be so kind and do it for me Smiling Here is what he wrote to me:

Science relies on inferences, inferences based on a materialistic (evolutionistic) viewpoint means that all inferences are only a result of material movement only, like the wind blowing through the trees, and provides no reason why we should trust the random movement of atoms equivalent to your hair growing. So, you have to assume that your inferences are valid by faith, because how we rationalize as a result of a flux of atoms is not known, and should be known first--before we go on to rationalize anything else--including science. So every inference that you command is an act of faith. Especially if you take a materialistic viewpoint, which is all that evolution is in the long run. You arte literally a cluod of space dust by the sceintific myth taken as a whole. And atomic movement doesn't create logical conclusions.
Please, understand that unless reason is an absolute, all scientific reasoning is in ruins.
You need to read this:
http://www.ldolphin.org/cslevol.html

here is a snipet.
The whole picture professes to depend on inferences from observed facts. Unless inference is valid, the whole picture disappears. Unless we can be sure that reality in the remotest nebula or the remotest part obeys the thought--laws of the human scientist here and now in his laboratory-in other words, unless Reason is an absolute--all is in ruins. Yet those who ask me to believe this world picture also ask me to believe that Reason is simply the unforeseen and unintended by-product of mindless matter at one stage of its endless and aimless becoming. Here is flat contradiction. They ask me at the same moment to accept a conclusion and to discredit the only testimony on which that conclusion can be based. The difficulty is to me a fatal one; and the fact that when you put it to many scientists, far from having an answer, they seem not even to understand what the difficulty is, assures me that I have not found a mare's nest but detected a radical disease in their whole mode of thought from the very beginning. The man who has once understood the situation is compelled henceforth to regard the scientific cosmology as being, in principle, a myth; though no doubt a great many true particulars have been worked into it. (1)