Kill Em With Kindness apologies

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Kill Em With Kindness apologies

The Kill Em with Kindness forum hasn't been tended to properly in the last year.  There may be some threads that have people lacking appropriate levels of "kindness."  Please allow me to extend my apologies for that.  Sadly, I've never been able devise a system that automatically made it easy for people to know they were in the "kill em with kindness" forum, and therefore some people have broken the rules unknowingly.  Please excuse the few spots where our rules weren't adhered to.

As it stands, I need to go in to each individual thread and add "kill_em_with_kindness/" to the URL.  Once I add "kill_em_with_kindness/" to the URL it will have a bold red letter warning on the left hand side of the page.  I will try to have this done more frequently.  

If you want to help and you see a recent thread that doesn't have the warning, please post it here: 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/kill_em_with_kindness/forum/19001

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I will be the first to admit

I will be the first to admit that I can very "opinionated", to put it mildly. I do hope in posting in this section that I have not broken the rules of this section. But some might go back and read words and find something that could be viewed as not fitting to this section.  I will say that one's perception of themselves is not always what others see, and I too can miss judge how what I post can be viewed.

All I can say for that is that I do try to dull my fangs in this section but still try keep my opinions unfiltered. For me it is hard because I am a passionate person. Which is why it is rare for me to post in this section. I am more of a verbal boxer than a library guy.

I DO for myself encourage people, if I do post here to tap me on the shoulder and remind me it is the library. No one likes to walk out of the bathroom with toilet paper on their shoe either.

So if the mods here need to roll up a newspaper and rap me on the nose, when I am in this section, I will not take offense to it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
There should be a way for

There should be a way for the bold red warnings to automatically be attached to every KEWK thread. There are computer programmers on this website. Surely, one of them should know how to do it?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe all Kill em thread should automatically come

up with a Kill 'em with Kindness kicker to the topic. It's pretty hard to go wrong with that...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I will be the

Brian37 wrote:

I will be the first to admit that I can very "opinionated", to put it mildly. 

Nah..... hahahahaha.... Happy New year, Brian Smiling

Whitefox
Theist
Whitefox's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL. This thread reminds me

LOL. This thread reminds me of the movie "finding Nemo". The sharks all discuss their 12 step program in which they know its bad to be aggressive toward the little fishies. This is like the twelve step program where we admit that we are adicted to crossing the line from debate to antagonism. 

I am also impressed however with the respect and sense of community fostered at this forum although the forum is not meant primarly as a place for me to feel too comfortable.

I do thank you however that you allow Theists to come into the forum.

We are all brothers and sisters according to our common ancestry from Adam.  Of course I want us all to become brothers and sisters according to Christ (the second adam).

Ray,

God says "Come let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet you shall be white as snow."
www.truthiswhatmatters.com & www.bibledoor.com

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Whitefox wrote:We are all

Whitefox wrote:

We are all brothers and sisters according to our common ancestry from Adam.  Of course I want us all to become brothers and sisters according to Christ (the second adam).

Ray,

I agree, brother, that we all come from common stock.   I'm your devoted friend before anything else.

Welcome.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
No need to apologize

This comment has been moved here.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Europeans aren't ancestors of Adam.

Whitefox wrote:

LOL. This thread reminds me of the movie "finding Nemo". The sharks all discuss their 12 step program in which they know its bad to be aggressive toward the little fishies. This is like the twelve step program where we admit that we are adicted to crossing the line from debate to antagonism. 

I am also impressed however with the respect and sense of community fostered at this forum although the forum is not meant primarly as a place for me to feel too comfortable.

I do thank you however that you allow Theists to come into the forum.

Ray,

A DNA (genetic) tally of all on the planet shows that all today descended from an African Bushman Tribe in the southern region of Libya.  From there they migrated to many points on the planet. The group that settled in the Tigress-Euphrates area are the ones that became Adam. The descendats of the Adamites are the Arabs, or Middle Easterners. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth