Let's talk cancer

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's talk cancer

Ok, there are many varieties of cancers out there, many causes, many forms. I would like to talk about a specific gene that affects certain cancers, including brain cancer

p53 is a putative self defense gene which is activated when cellular DNA is damaged. The induced p53 protein halts the proliferation process, allowing the cells time to repair damaged DNA or to undergo programmed cell death, thus protecting the host from abnormal cell growth. Recent research on many human cancers have shown that tumors with wild type p53 and normal p53 function have relatively higher sensitivity to radiation therapy.

One of the major area of cancer research revovles around how p53 mutations result in the halting of cell apoptosis (programmed cell death). My question is simple, if a perfect being would have designed such perfection, why this obvious...anomaly. Does not seem like the works of a great creater.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's talk cancer

Trust me, if I were to be God and to design a human body, we'd all look like super-robots right now... Greater strength due to pneumatically-actioned limbs, super-high metallic skin and bones durability, electrical actions for blazing speed, an internal nuclear power source for no need of food / water / air, the brain possibly the same structure as ours, only made of electronics for high computing power and lightning-fast reaction times... plus an automatic nanotechnology factory based on modular blueprints (half from Mom, half from Dad) for reproduction...

So this work that our presumed creator has done is so far from being an actual achievement, that from my point of view it would be pointless to discuss more on the "Does not seem like the works of a great creater" topic.

But why stop at cancer ? It is also known that bacteria and viruses that can cause a lot of miserable happenings to a human body have existed for far longer than we did... and as for what Godly reason this is so, that sure beats me !

From what I know about brain cancer... the brain itself can only have regressive cancer (the cells slowly shutting down themselves)... brain tumors and such are not made by neural cells themselves. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I seek an answer here.

It does say in the Bible that God has created us according to His appearance... wonder if God hasn't already had a stroke of cancer because of excessively old age, and has left us here wondering...

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's talk cancer

Rigor_OMortis wrote:

It does say in the Bible that God has created us according to His appearance... wonder if God hasn't already had a stroke of cancer because of excessively old age, and has left us here wondering...

LOL!!!!
if God is senile and you know it clap your hands!!!
if God has Aids and you know it clap your hands!!!
if God is an atheist and you know it,
if God is an atheist and you know it,
if God is an atheist and you know it, clap your hands!!! :smt005