Remains of ancient civilization discovered on the bottom of a lake

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Remains of ancient civilization discovered on the bottom of a lake

Link - http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

MOSCOW. (Nikolai Lukashov for RIA Novosti)

An international archeological expedition to Lake Issyk Kul, high in the Kyrgyz mountains, proves the existence of an advanced civilization 25 centuries ago, equal in development to the Hellenic civilizations of the northern coast of the Pontus Euxinus (Black Sea) and the Mediterranean coast of Egypt.

The expedition resulted in sensational finds, including the discovery of major settlements, presently buried underwater. The data and artefacts obtained, which are currently under study, apply the finishing touches to the many years of exploration in the lake, made by seven previous expeditions. The addition of a previously unknown culture to the treasury of history extends the idea of the patterns and regularities of human development.

<snip>

If this has been put up earlier, apologies.

[mod edit: fixed link] 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a dead link   ( as of

It's a dead link Yell  ( as of 1-5-08 )

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: It's

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
It's a dead link Yell  ( as of 1-5-08 )

I got to it fine 1/5/08 (or did you mean dead issue?) 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin