Pull the lever and get all lemons.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Pull the lever and get all lemons.

I was a Green Party member, but have since registered Democrat so I can vote in their primaries. In 2008, I'm planning to vote for Kucinich in the primaries, and in the general I'll either vote Green or for whatever reptile scum actually punts for the Democrats. It looks like that will either be the lethally ambitious Mrs. Clinton, or the dashingly inept Obama. But who knows: I was planning to vote for squat firebrand Dean until they started amplifying the importance of his awkward "Byahhh!" bleating, and a stifling gray flog floated in, calling itself "John Kerry," to cock up the elections for us.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: How is

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

How is it that I can't use something that was bought for the money stolen from me?

Why don't you charge people for what they actually want to use, like every other honest business, thief.

My goodness, you are quite the childish whiner aren't you.  You sound like someone who is caught shoplifting whining about how you are oppressed because you have to pay for something you took.  Here you are sitting comfortably, probably in your mom's basement, using what is provided to you from the commons and you whine about how bad you have it.  Why not pick up your silly toys and drive on one of those government highways until you get out in rural America and just live on your own.  Many people have done it and don't have to be "oppressed" by the evil government. You don't because you just want to take and whine.  You don't have the balls to live out on your own. 

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: My goodness,

D-cubed wrote:
My goodness, you are quite the childish whiner aren't you. You sound like someone who is caught shoplifting whining about how you are oppressed because you have to pay for something you took.

It's the other way around dumbass, I take something which I was forced to pay for. 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: It's

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

It's the other way around dumbass, I take something which I was forced to pay for.

So why not pack up and leave?  You'll be free of burdens like roads, access to medical care, fire and safety services, clean drinking water, sewer lines, etc.  Heck, you can even get a check from the government just for living in the state.

http://www.subsistence.adfg.state.ak.us/

Put your feet where you mouth is whiner. 

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: So why not

D-cubed wrote:
So why not pack up and leave?

Becuase wherever I go people will want to take a part of my income.

Do you really think, that if I moved out somwhere where there are no government services I wouldn't be forced to pay taxes?

If Bill Gates built his own city in the middle of nowhere, and moved there, he wouldn't have to pay any taxes at all then?

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Politicians are put there

"Politicians are put there to make you think you have freedom of choice." - George Carlin

Wake the Fuck Up, America: 

Speaking of "freeloading," where do your tax dollars go?

America to the Rescue:

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: Becuase

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

Becuase wherever I go people will want to take a part of my income.

Do you really think, that if I moved out somwhere where there are no government services I wouldn't be forced to pay taxes?

If Bill Gates built his own city in the middle of nowhere, and moved there, he wouldn't have to pay any taxes at all then?

Looks like you don't know what you are talking about but that's not a surprise.  Actually you'll be getting more money from the state than you'll pay in taxes (or you could not get the check and pay nothing).  Sounds like you just want to whine otherwise you'd be packing now.  Nice and comfortable in your mom's basement and this oppressive society that you hate so much.

I've met plenty of people who lived the subsistence life.  They come into town with their oil dividend check every citizen can get and stock up on supplies then move back.  There's no sales tax in Alaska so they didn't have to contribute to this oppressive government which tells them they can live out in rural Alaska and do whatever they want.  But too much freedom is difficult for a self-absorbed whining hypocrite. 

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Looks like

D-cubed wrote:
Looks like you don't know what you are talking about but that's not a surprise. Actually you'll be getting more money from the state than you'll pay in taxes (or you could not get the check and pay nothing).

And the federal taxes, I'll be exempt from them?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: And the

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

And the federal taxes, I'll be exempt from them?

Since you'd have no income then you have nothing to report.  So yeah, you'd be exempt.  There's no state income taxes either. 

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Since you'd

D-cubed wrote:
Since you'd have no income then you have nothing to report. So yeah, you'd be exempt.

Why wouldn't I have any income? 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: D-cubed

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
Since you'd have no income then you have nothing to report. So yeah, you'd be exempt.

Why wouldn't I have any income?

It frees you from taxes but it's never a problem buying and selling under the table in the villages.  You could make a lot of money brewing your own alcohol and selling to the dry villages.  The subsistence types don't exactly have access to jobs. 

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
It frees you from taxes but it's never a problem buying and selling under the table in the villages. You could make a lot of money brewing your own alcohol and selling to the dry villages. The subsistence types don't exactly have access to jobs.

Yeah, or I could pay for an internet connection via a satelite link and be a freelance programmer.

I assume it's possible that no one would ever find out, but do you seriously believe that if they did, the IRS would just leave me alone, because I'm not using any government services?

That's why I asked the question about Bill Gates building his own city. You have nothing against people moving out, and not paying taxes... as long as their life is misrable.

What if they had enough resources to make it better then what most of others have, what if people from all over the country started moving there as well, to live a better life without paying taxes, what then?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: Yeah,

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

Yeah, or I could pay for an internet connection via a satelite link and be a freelance programmer.

I assume it's possible that no one would ever find out, but do you seriously believe that if they did, the IRS would just leave me alone, because I'm not using any government services?

That's why I asked the question about Bill Gates building his own city. You have nothing against people moving out, and not paying taxes... as long as their life is misrable.

What if they had enough resources to make it better then what most of others have, what if people from all over the country started moving their as well, to live a better life without paying taxes, what then?

As long as you aren't receiving a paycheck from an employer the IRS doesn't know you exist.  If someone like Microsoft sends you a paycheck then they send a W-2 to the IRS and then they wonder why you haven't sent in your forms.  Keep in mind you'll have to provide your own electricity. 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: So how

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

So how are your tactics in any way superior to his? 

I'm doing something?

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: As long as

D-cubed wrote:
As long as you aren't receiving a paycheck from an employer the IRS doesn't know you exist. If someone like Microsoft sends you a paycheck then they send a W-2 to the IRS and then they wonder why you haven't sent in your forms. Keep in mind you'll have to provide your own electricity.

Right, I know how it works. I know I can avoid it them I keep a low profile.

I'm asking by what right are they forcing me to keep a low profile?

magilum wrote:
I'm doing something?

So is he.

How is your "doing something" better then his "doing something"? 

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote:   So

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

So is he.

How is your "doing something" better then his "doing something"? 

What, telling people the state sucks? And what are you doing, Mr. Samtrypnats?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Ivan_Ivanov wrote: D-cubed

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
The people are the government. How nice that you say we can't set our own rules. Naturally this doesn't apply to you because you seem perfectly immune to the limitations you press on the rest of us. Nice religion you have there.

I'm saying you can't set my rules.

But I guess it's too much for me to ask of you to not be an intellectually dishonest fuck.

Say a person claims victimhood, but there is only circumstantial evidence available. Who has the authority to question, or search another person? Where does private authority end and do personal property rights begin? What keeps private agencies from subverting the new system? Who makes sure private agencies aren't corrupt? Do not say the state is already like this, we're talking about your post-revolutionary world and how it's meant to function.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: The people

D-cubed wrote:
The people are the government.

That's not true at all. 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi wrote: D-cubed

Zhwazi wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
The people are the government.

That's not true at all.

You're right, I've heard they are actual lizards from outerspace taking human form.  So sayeth David Icke.  Having worked on a few campaigns and being personally acquainted with a few elected politicians I'm quite certain they are people but I guess I just don't really know.     

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hold up, now you're changing

Hold up, now you're changing your claim. I never said the government wasn't made of people. I said "The people" are not the government. The phrase "the people are the government" suggests that ALL of "the people" are the government. You're trying to change it to all the people in government are people. And that's obvious and I take no issue with you there, but you said something very different in it's implications.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:

magilum wrote:
What, telling people the state sucks?

And how is that different then telling people that the state in it's current form sucks (be it on the streets or in letters)?

Quote:
And what are you doing, Mr. Samtrypnats?

I'm not pretending that what I do is in any way better.

Quote:
Say a person claims victimhood, but there is only circumstantial evidence available. Who has the authority to question, or search another person? Where does private authority end and do personal property rights begin? What keeps private agencies from subverting the new system? Who makes sure private agencies aren't corrupt? Do not say the state is already like this, we're talking about your post-revolutionary world and how it's meant to function.

Excuse me but what does any of this have to do with what I said?

Don't get me wrong if you want to discuss the judicary system in an anarchist society, I'm game, but it's a rediculously broad topic, and I'd rather do it in a moderated one on one debate.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Nice cherry-picking, Ivan.

Nice cherry-picking, Ivan. But in all cases (except maybe the voting one, I'm doing that one alone) I'm contributing to an organized and concerted effort, with results that will directly impact hundreds or thousands of people. I've seen people change career paths, radically alter their priorities, in response to cultural events I've been involved in. I've seen them come back as part of the same, or another, organized effort. Even the letter writing and protesting were part of an organized grass-roots campaign in the local community to prevent the construction of a blight by an arrogant national chain. 
You're doing what I thought you were doing. Nada. Zip. Bupkis.
The "court" post was in response to a different post in this thread. I don't feel like dealing with Drupal's quote system all the time. Don't you have homework to do?

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:The "court"

magilum wrote:
The "court" post was in response to a different post in this thread.

I'm not answering your questions anymore because you've made it obvious that your goal is simply to be a dick, because appearantly you're so immature that you still piss people off for shits and giggles. If you want to stop being a dick I'll talk to you again but until then I'll ignore you.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi wrote: magilum

Zhwazi wrote:

magilum wrote:
The "court" post was in response to a different post in this thread.

I'm not answering your questions anymore because you've made it obvious that your goal is simply to be a dick, because appearantly you're so immature that you still piss people off for shits and giggles. If you want to stop being a dick I'll talk to you again but until then I'll ignore you.

What a loss. I'm having fun watching your arguments go down in flames in the anarchy thread.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Incidentally, from the

Incidentally, from the anarchy thread,

Zhwazi wrote:
 Since people keep bringing up politics and we keep hijacking threads in the recurring discussions of anarchism, I figured I'd bring it all to one thread and point other people to this thread when they have problems. I don't even remember how many threads got dragged off-topic. I apologize for anyone who's thread that happened to.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
I directed you to that

I directed you to that thread before I believe, and you were pretty intent on hijacking this thread with personal questions, not a real discussion about anarchism.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
You gotta love the

You gotta love the self-serving ambiguities of the "initiated" versus "retaliatory" action principle at the heart of the libertarian/anarchist fantasy. It's not you who hijacks the topic by flipping it the bird and trolling it, it's me by not asking nicely for you to substantiate your rhetoric with practical examples.
Obviously, this wasn't the first derail of yours, and it won't be the last.

Zhwazi wrote:
Since people keep bringing up politics and we keep hijacking threads in the recurring discussions of anarchism, I figured I'd bring it all to one thread and point other people to this thread when they have problems. I don't even remember how many threads got dragged off-topic. I apologize for anyone who's thread that happened to.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:

magilum wrote:
Nice cherry-picking, Ivan.

Cherry picking? What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
But in all cases (except maybe the voting one, I'm doing that one alone) I'm contributing to an organized and concerted effort, with results that will directly impact hundreds or thousands of people.

So the only difference between what you do and what Zhwazi does is that there are more people cooperating with you.

Quote:
You're doing what I thought you were doing. Nada. Zip. Bupkis.

I never said I'm doing anything.

You're the one beeing a total dick about Zhwazi doing nothing, when you haven't done anything more then he did.

Quote:
The "court" post was in response to a different post in this thread. I don't feel like dealing with Drupal's quote system all the time. Don't you have homework to do?
Sorry for beeing unable to read your mind.And another apology for apparently beeing resposnsible for you beeing to stupid to copy-paste the right text between quote tags.
Quote:
It's not you who hijacks the topic by flipping it the bird and trolling it, it's me by not asking nicely for you to substantiate your rhetoric with practical examples. Obviously, this wasn't the first derail of yours, and it won't be the last.
Yeah, the bastard hijacked your thread by answering all those damn off-topic questions that you asked.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
You're a cliche, Ivan.

You're a cliche, Ivan.

Rothbard
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: "...those

D-cubed wrote:
"...those advocates of the "free market" are losing billions on their high interest loans to people with bad credit. Funny how those free market capitalists are begging the government to bail them out..."

The problem isn't the free-market. In 1977, the government passed the Community Reinvestment Act which forced banks to make loans to un-creditworthy borrowers or face criminal penalties. In an effort to cover losses, lenders charged higher lending fees and interest rates. The government responded with laws against "predatory lending." We're seeing the result with mortgage lenders going bankrupt.

D-cubed wrote:
"It rather invalidates your claim that monpolies are created by the government."

Despite having plenty of time during my lengthy absence, you've neglected to clarify your remarks with regard to Standard Oil and American Tobacco. Nothing you've said invalidates my claim. Monopoly doesn't exist in a free-market. Monopoly is a condition that exists when the State uses force to obstruct competition from entering the market.

D-cubed wrote:
"The people are the government."

That's laughable.

D-cubed wrote:
"...burdens like roads, access to medical care, fire and safety services, clean drinking water, sewer lines..."

Those things are burdens only to the extent that the State makes them so. During the late 18th century, and for most of the 19th century, private companies owned and operated thousands of miles of private roads and turnpikes. The State slowly seized contol through various political means. Over several decades, the State has driven up the cost of medical care and reduced its availability. Some people live in neighborhoods without sewer lines. They use septic tanks. Millions of people buy clean drinking water at the grocery store or through delivery service.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blah, blah, blah.  You've

Blah, blah, blah.  You've said the same thing in every one of your posts.  Go back to your Ayn Rand cult meetings.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: You're a

magilum wrote:
You're a cliche, Ivan.

D-cubed wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. You've said the same thing in every one of your posts. Go back to your Ayn Rand cult meetings.

Let's go guys, there's nothing left for us here, we're defeated.

Their detailed refutations have blasted our arguments to pieces.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're still here?  I

You're still here?  I figured you would have packed your bags and left for the great expanse of the Alaskan tundra by now.  I guess you don't buy your own BS.

BTW, I don't care to constantly repeat myself to someone who just repeats the free market mantra.  Lose the religion, read some history books, then come back when you actually want to have something more than a one-sided discussion.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: You're still

D-cubed wrote:
You're still here? I figured you would have packed your bags and left for the great expanse of the Alaskan tundra by now. I guess you don't buy your own BS.

Another brilliant refutation. 

Quote:
BTW, I don't care to constantly repeat myself to someone who just repeats the free market mantra. Lose the religion, read some history books, then come back when you actually want to have something more than a one-sided discussion.

One sided discussion?

Quite. You're the one that wants to ask all the questions, answer none, and ignore every thing that is said to you.

If you're so sure that I'm wrong, here's an idea: prove it in a one on one moderated debate.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
This coming from a guy who

This coming from a guy who preaches for me to have faith but won't live up to his own self-professed convictions.  Your views might change once you move out of your mom's house.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
I take it you become an

I take it you become an expat every time a party you don't support takes control of the government?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
What an absurd comment.  I

What an absurd comment.  I don't hear your bags being packed.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
A taste of your own medicine

Quote:
What an absurd comment.

A taste of your own medicine

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not really, just another

Not really, just another example that you don't know what you are talking about.  Sorry to take time away from you packing for your move though.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Not really,

D-cubed wrote:
Not really, just another example that you don't know what you are talking about. Sorry to take time away from you packing for your move though.

So when I don't like something about the place I live I have to pack my bags, when you don't like something about the place you live, and I suggest you do the same, it's absurd.

Makes perfect sense. 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Figures,  you'll just sit

Figures,  you'll just sit in your mom's house and whine about how oppressed you are by having to live in a modern society with so many luxuries.  As usual, you are all talk.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Figures,

D-cubed wrote:
Figures, you'll just sit in your mom's house and whine about how oppressed you are by having to live in a modern society with so many luxuries. As usual, you are all talk.

So howcome you won't practice what you preach? Why don't you move out as well? 

And who said anything about whining about living in a modern society?

Oh that's right, you did, because I guess you know you can't argue against what people actually say.

Carry on with the pissing contest, this is all very amusing and  makes you look very nice, especially in the light of your comment about a one sided discussion.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not an anarchist, I'm a

I'm not an anarchist, I'm a democratic socialist living in a country with a political process.  As for Alaska, I've already lived there for 22 years.  You're the one claiming you are oppressed by living in a country with a high standard of living which you partake of but feel you shouldn't have to pay for.  Your pathetic attempt at trying to portray me as a hypocrite is merely another example that you don't know what you are talking about.  As usual you are all talk, very whiny talk, and no action.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
I'm not an anarchist, I'm a democratic socialist living in a country with a political process.

So?

Quote:
You're the one claiming you are oppressed by living in a country with a high standard of living which you partake of but feel you shouldn't have to pay for.

No I'm not.

You're the one claiming that I'm claiming this. It's called a strawman.

Quote:
Your pathetic attempt at trying to portray me as a hypocrite is merely another example that you don't know what you are talking about.

There is no attempt by me, you're making a hypocrite of yourself better then I ever could.

Quote:
As usual you are all talk, very whiny talk, and no action.

The funny part is I never said I'm doing anything.

You're the one that has gone apeshit over "doing something" when you're not doing anything either, and you're just as whiny as anyone you accuse of it.

What are you even trying to accomplish by implying that I'm "all talk, no action"? Do you really believe that an ad hominem can refute a claim?

And where the hell did you get this idiotic idea that if someone has a political opinion he must immidiately become an activist for it?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh good, now you are

Oh good, now you are claiming you aren't being forced to do anything as you have previously claimed.  You can't even keep your religion straight.  Here's an idea, actually try to know what you are talking about because every post of yours is laughable.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:

D-cubed wrote:
Oh good, now you are claiming you aren't being forced to do anything as you have previously claimed.

No I'm not, whatever gave you that idea?

Surely after all your objections about me not knowing what I'm talking about, you have taken the time to familiarize yourself with my stance, and know at least the very basics of what I said here.

This idiotic mistake clearly couldn't have been a result of you beeing completely ignorant of the topic you discuss, it must have been a simple misunderstanding! After all, any attempts to portray you as a hypocrite are pathetic.

Quote:
You can't even keep your religion straight. Here's an idea, actually try to know what you are talking about because every post of yours is laughable.

Ever heard of the term "projection"?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah whatever little boy. 

Ah whatever little boy.  Grow up, get an education and stop relying on faith to justify your position.  You make Atheists and Anarchists look bad with your childish temper tantrums.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Ah whatever

D-cubed wrote:
Ah whatever little boy. Grow up, get an education and stop relying on faith to justify your position. You make Atheists and Anarchists look bad with your childish temper tantrums.

Take your own advice.