Georgia sucks so much

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Georgia sucks so much

Thirty-four percent of Georgia Republicans voted for Huckabee.   Three hundred and twenty six thousand of my neighbors believe we need a right wing religious nut job in the White House.

My stomach turned a little when I read these results.

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I have a bad feeling

Yeah, I have a bad feeling that Huckabee will do well here in Texas.  We have more churches here than Starbucks...it's sickening.

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a really bad feeling

I have a really bad feeling that he's going to end up on the ticket with McCain. Between them they will represent a pretty powerful one-two punch that will probably win the election for the GOP. I like McCain, but I hope he would be able to keep Huckabee from going on a religious crusade as VP. The only bright side is that VPs are pretty anemic in US politics, unless their president is a functioning mental defective, in which case they control everything.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Jamie Kitchen
User is offlineOffline
Now that Romney bit the

Now that Romney bit the dust, it will be interesting to see how McCain does against Huckabee. It seems most of the middle to right Republicans do not like McCain too much.

Jamie 

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I have a really bad

Quote:
I have a really bad feeling that he's going to end up on the ticket with McCain.

As much as fundies dislike McCain, it wouldn't surprise me if some nutjob killed McCain so that Huckabee could be president.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just a good ol boy Never

Just a good ol boy

Never meanin no harm

Beats all the polls you saw

Since Super Tuesday is gone

Makin a thump

With the bible right now

Trying really hard

To stick a cross on the White House

Streigten the gays

Not taxen the rich

If you ask Mike he'll aways say

That he's Jesus's bitch 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I think if

Personally, I think if huckabee beats mccain for the nomination. It would probally be a good thing for america. More people would vote against him. Smiling

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why doesnt Florida fall

Why doesnt Florida fall into the ocean?

Cause Georgia sucks so much.

Actually the more Huckabee drags around the missing link(Chuck Norris) to his campaign rallies, the more Creationists will be convinced of the undeniable truth of evolution.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie wrote: Personally, I

Zombie wrote:
Personally, I think if huckabee beats mccain for the nomination. It would probally be a good thing for america. More people would vote against him. Smiling

Here is what scares me. In 2000, in the debates against Gore, Bush's veins seemed to be popping out of his head at certain points. I thought for sure even the right would look at that and go, "he's lost it".

Then these same dipshites put him back in office 4 years later.

Huckabee is Pat Robertson's wet dream, and consider that for the past 8 years and even during Regan, the right wing funding machine has been oiled with.....well...amoungst other things...oil.

If right wing nutjobs are to be defeated then the non-fundies on both the left and right need to beat them at their own game. 

I am actually more scared of Huckabee being president than McCain. McCain is a suck up and status quo. Fuckabee would like to put a cross on the Capital dome.

Never underestimate the machine of the right wing. Even after 4 years of Bush, they still managed to put that same theocrat back in office. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why doesnt

EXC wrote:
Actually the more Huckabee drags around the missing link(Chuck Norris) to his campaign rallies, the more Creationists will be convinced of the undeniable truth of evolution.

hehehehe

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
I have a really bad feeling that he's going to end up on the ticket with McCain.

As much as fundies dislike McCain, it wouldn't surprise me if some nutjob killed McCain so that Huckabee could be president. 

I could see the same thing happening to Obama if he gets too popular... 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Personally, I think

Quote:

(Darth Vader VoiceSmiling

I find your overabundance of faith disturbing.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
What absolutely pisses me

What absolutely pisses me off about Georgia (my little corner, anyway) is the way they lock up the condoms in the pharmacies--if you need them after pharmacy hours are up in the grocery store you have to convince a manager to unlock the cabinet.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell