People need to educate themselves, seriously.

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
People need to educate themselves, seriously.

Starting with this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmC4dwCcsUs&NR=1

If you've seen it, cool. If you haven't... uh yeah, this is exactly why we need theism out of the education system. 

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
These guys make me sick. 

These guys make me sick.  The problem is, as I've said in other posts, is that they are getting degrees in science from places such as liberty where they learn how to spin science in order to fit their agenda, some of these guys do it very effectively.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
I'm tempted to dismiss this

I'm tempted to dismiss this guy as a tree stump w/ legs but that lab coat gives off a genuine aura of authority.

Perhaps there is some truth in Jurassic Park. 

"What makes you think that human beings are sentient and aware? There's no evidence for it. Human beings never think for themselves, they find it too uncomfortable. For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told - and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity, and the characteristic result is religious warfare. Other animals fight for territory or food; but, uniquely in the animal kingdom, human beings fight for their "beliefs." The reason is that beliefs guide behavior, which has evolutionary importance among human beings. But at a time when our behavior may well lead us to extinction, I see no reason to assume we have any awareness at all. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is a self-congratulatory delusion." 

M. Crichton

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've always said that people

I've always said that people are lazy.  Partly, I guess because of technology, but we are now becoming more and more dependent on technology and I think that it is making us so lazy that we do not want to think for ourselves anymore.  If you look at society, what guides our beliefs is not our own cognitive minds but what we hear and see from people whom we think we should trust..ie... our pastors, political pundits, news media etc...etc.. we are comfortable enough to let Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore or our Preist in church tell us how to vote, how to live what to eat what not to eat and in a capitalistic society this leads to people like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson taking advantage and capitalizing on this and becoming very rich.  Pastors or men of god that make millions of dollars a year on religion should be taken out on the street and publicly executed.  If they are truly righteous, they can pray their wait out of a bullet.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote: I'm

AmericanIdle wrote:

I'm tempted to dismiss this guy as a tree stump w/ legs but that lab coat gives off a genuine aura of authority.

Perhaps there is some truth in Jurassic Park. 

"What makes you think that human beings are sentient and aware? There's no evidence for it. Human beings never think for themselves, they find it too uncomfortable. For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told - and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity, and the characteristic result is religious warfare. Other animals fight for territory or food; but, uniquely in the animal kingdom, human beings fight for their "beliefs." The reason is that beliefs guide behavior, which has evolutionary importance among human beings. But at a time when our behavior may well lead us to extinction, I see no reason to assume we have any awareness at all. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is a self-congratulatory delusion." 

M. Crichton

I think there was a lot of truth in that book. Just not so much the dinosaurs themselves.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.