If you haven't had a good laugh today...

GuentherBacon
Rational VIP!
GuentherBacon's picture
User is offlineOffline

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

this furthers outlines the ignorance of these people..and the lenghts they will go to with their propaganda war......

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline

Wow, no less then 20 seconds, and the intellectual dishonesty ensued. I like how the introductory guy said "evolutionary philosophy". This is funny, considering its science...not a way in which to conduct ones life.

Right off the bat, this man gets 2 things wrong in less then 20 seconds. The second thing he got wrong was that Evolution was supported by Hitler. Regardless, what does this have to do with anything? Lets assume for the sake of argument that Hitler supported Evolution. Does this make Evolutionary Science anyless true? Hardly. If this were the case, Hitler would negate catholisism; after all, its been demonstrated that hitler was a Catholic. Therefore, by this rationale, Christianity is bad.

Congratulations introductory boy, you are a class A dipshit who needs to take remedial classes in basic reasoning

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out" ~ Rush, from Subdivisions

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Chaoslord2004 wrote:
The second thing he got wrong was that Evolution was supported by Hitler. Regardless, what does this have to do with anything? Lets assume for the sake of argument that Hitler supported Evolution. Does this make Evolutionary Science anyless true? Hardly. If this were the case, Hitler would negate catholisism; after all, its been demonstrated that hitler was a Catholic. Therefore, by this rationale, Christianity is bad.

I hate the use of social darwinism compared to scientific darwinism. I saw a t-shirt this hardcore, xtain fundie wear that said, Evolution teaches racism. Why teach racism in schools? or something to that extent. It is a ridiculous attempt and propaganda to discredit evolution as a sceintific fact. The thing that is ironic and obviously so blind to these fundies is that...IF evolution was indeed racism, then, yes as chaoslord said, so would be xtianity, because hitler was also a xtian and the catholic church blessed the nazi party. It's ridiculous bullshit....this is what boils my blood about the fundies...

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

Ah the Hitler Card, the most amusing of fallacies.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adnazium.html

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline

Equilibrium wrote:

Indeed, guilt by association is very amusing. Part of what makes the fallacy so amusing is that its supported by the legal system! [atleast in America]

If I am walking with a buddy of mine and he gets busted for heroin, I can be charged with some chicken ass offense. Go figure, the legal system doesn't even know how to reason in a non-fallacious way. :roll:

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out" ~ Rush, from Subdivisions

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

Chaoslord2004 wrote:
Equilibrium wrote:

Indeed, guilt by association is very amusing. Part of what makes the fallacy so amusing is that its supported by the legal system! [atleast in America]

If I am walking with a buddy of mine and he gets busted for heroin, I can be charged with some chicken ass offense. Go figure, the legal system doesn't even know how to reason in a non-fallacious way. :roll:

Fuck man, my parents told me about that (a friend of mine keeps weed in his car). First thing I thought was "guilt by association", if it comes up in court I could argue my case very effectively. I don't think i'd get convicted.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline

Equilibrium wrote:
Chaoslord2004 wrote:
Equilibrium wrote:

Fuck man, my parents told me about that (a friend of mine keeps weed in his car). First thing I thought was "guilt by association", if it comes up in court I could argue my case very effectively. I don't think i'd get convicted.

Nope, they would convict you. Unless you could prove you had no knowledge of the weed. Honestly, how would you prove that?

The legal system has got us by the balls on this one.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline

It's times like this I wish the philosopher kings were in charge.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

What pisses me off the most is the knuckleheads who don't believe in evolution refuse (whether through ignorance or on purpose) to use the word "theory" properly. :-x

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ioi8
User is offlineOffline

I watched a good portion of this last night, and was astounded. When backing up facts, he merely used his opinion and made it seem like fact. Everytime he made a point, there were no sources, and almost no quotes. The only quotes he rarely used were ones by deranged people who by medical standards be declared insane.

He also mentioned that all fossils can be disproved and are a non-reliable source for discovering the history of earth before humans. This is the most common retort to us.

Them - God put those bones there to test our faith.
Us - But is it said in the bible anywhere about dinosaurs, or any of these fossils were put there by god?
Them - No, but the bible says it was created in 10,000 - 5,000 years ago. And if these fossils seem older then that, then OBVIOUSLY they were planted by god.

Ha, false claims from false beliefs! Which would you rather believe?? A fossilized bone that we can study or a book who claims that the world was flat?

Then we have the people who claim that dinosaurs lived with humans.

Okok...? So what about all the people who seen them? Surely there must of been many writings of these gigantic lizards who roamed the earth? Or at least pictures from illiterate people. Where did they go?

Them - humans killed them off.

Right.... the population of humans was so massive that we were able to entirely wipe out hundreds or thousands of dinosaur species throughout the entire world, including the oceans, and also able to rid the world of all the old looking plants.... yeah very logical my friend. And all within a span of just a thousand years from adam and eve.

matt

Im a genius surrounded by idiots!

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

ioi8 wrote:
I watched a good portion of this last night, and was astounded. When backing up facts, he merely used his opinion and made it seem like fact. Everytime he made a point, there were no sources, and almost no quotes. The only quotes he rarely used were ones by deranged people who by medical standards be declared insane.

He also mentioned that all fossils can be disproved and are a non-reliable source for discovering the history of earth before humans. This is the most common retort to us.

Them - God put those bones there to test our faith.
Us - But is it said in the bible anywhere about dinosaurs, or any of these fossils were put there by god?
Them - No, but the bible says it was created in 10,000 - 5,000 years ago. And if these fossils seem older then that, then OBVIOUSLY they were planted by god.

Ha, false claims from false beliefs! Which would you rather believe?? A fossilized bone that we can study or a book who claims that the world was flat?

Then we have the people who claim that dinosaurs lived with humans.

Okok...? So what about all the people who seen them? Surely there must of been many writings of these gigantic lizards who roamed the earth? Or at least pictures from illiterate people. Where did they go?

Them - humans killed them off.

Right.... the population of humans was so massive that we were able to entirely wipe out hundreds or thousands of dinosaur species throughout the entire world, including the oceans, and also able to rid the world of all the old looking plants.... yeah very logical my friend. And all within a span of just a thousand years from adam and eve.

matt

As Richard Dawkins said, Faith is a Virus. An antibiotic resistant strain of mind controlling bullshit. :smt075

RossCaleb
User is offlineOffline

wow, 20 seconds in and I'm already disgusted. I couldn't laugh, my jaw dropped too far.

I wonder if Christianity has ever done anything as bad as evolution.
(because the "theory" of evolution has inspired so many armies to kill hundreds of thousands of people in its name...right...)

I always thought that if you want to change the world then you have to start with yourself. So if the heads of state want to end terrorism, they should go ahead and kill themselves. - Anti-Flag

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline

RossCaleb wrote:
wow, 20 seconds in and I'm already disgusted. I couldn't laugh, my jaw dropped too far.

(because the "theory" of evolution has inspired so many armies to kill hundreds of thousands of people in its name...right...)

Well, know one said creationists knew how to reason well...

Atheist_Scathe
User is offlineOffline
Re: If you haven't had a good laugh today...

This is utterly ridiculous! He's attacking evolution with witch-hunting and scare tactics, oblivious to the fact that his myths have caused similar atrocities in the name of his god. His "arguments" are utter bullshit and fallacious... red herrings, ad hominem... Laughing out loud

Atheist_Scathe
User is offlineOffline

RossCaleb wrote:

Evolution may have been used as a coverup ideology, yes... but Hitler clearly believed he was doing the "lord's work" in annihilating the Jews and advocated going to Passion plays for examples of Jewish treachery. Let's also not forget Crusades, Inquisition, witch-burnings... need I continue?

natto_the_sane
User is offlineOffline

Equilibrium wrote:

That does it - evolution wasn't enough for the man - I've just found out that Hitler believed in gravity and was controlled by the law of gravity. From this day forward, I denounce gravity and all it's works. If I'm not floating near the ceiling by this evening I ought to be denounced as a murdering dictator!

...in anticipation of my sucess I will now spend the rest of the day nailing my posessions down so they don't float away.

Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind. ~ Virginia Woolf 1928.

Matt-Evolved
Matt-Evolved's picture
User is offlineOffline

Evolution as a philosophy? Pshaw. Evolution = science. Philosophy = apologies for religion.

I also denounce gravity. Wouldn't want to be associated with Hilter....

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." -

qwak
User is offlineOffline

from what I hear, hitler also drank water.

just another reason to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

Atheist
User is offlineOffline

Every time I watch anything involving the great "dishonest Kent Hovind," I get so pissed off... I just want to reach through the screen and yell at him. His lies are convincing the unknowledgeable that evolution is not real and that it is dangerous. He uses phrases like, "I am against lies," yet lies are the main way he makes all of his points. The others come from faulty logic.

Anyway, I have not seen a person that has been more successful at making me yell at an intimate laptop screen. lol!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline

Matt-Evolved wrote:
Evolution as a philosophy? Pshaw. Evolution = science. Philosophy = apologies for religion.

I also denounce gravity. Wouldn't want to be associated with Hilter....

Please, if you don't know the first thing about Philosophy, do us a favor and shut the hell up. Your embarrising yourself.

Philosophy doesn't apologise for religion you moron, your thinking of apologetics. Furthermore, most Philosophers are atheists.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8141887480656996234&q=evolution&pl=true

This is just as fun. Smiling

I'm pritty jusre its full of lies and lack of proper education in the subjects.

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8141887480656996234&q=evolution&pl=true

This is just as fun. Smiling

I'm pritty jusre its full of lies and lack of proper education in the subjects.

Oh my god. Oh my god.

WARNING THE ABOVE LINK IS A HOVIND VIDEO.

Wow. I can't believe I accidentally watched part of that. I can't even take Hovind... at all. I can at least stand Ray Comfort, because he isn't as callous and pompous as Hovind. Top that with what most people consider to be a fake doctorate and Hovind comes off as a complete asshole. (Note that "most people consider to be" so it's not libel.)

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

"Slightly more than half of the scientists in america beleive in evolution"

You know, It's allmost bareabule, I've gone trough the first one and most the way trough the second one.

"I think god made adam first because he didnt want any advice on how to do it"

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

shorty
User is offlineOffline

i can prove god

you see swamps are smelly
and tirds are smelly
therefore a swamp is a place where god took a giant dump on the earth
so the existance of swamps proves god
LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

shorty
User is offlineOffline

HealingBlight wrote:
"Slightly more than half of the scientists in america beleive in evolution"

You know, It's allmost bareabule, I've gone trough the first one and most the way trough the second one.

"I think god made adam first because he didnt want any advice on how to do it"

he denys stuff but doesnt disprove with any evidence

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Darl
User is offlineOffline

Are you kidding? It's a lot sooner than 20 seconds guys. The man at the beginning CLEARLY states evolution as a 'religion', which is blatantly false.

Darl
User is offlineOffline

Also, he says that evolution says that 'man is god' which is about as opposite as you can get. Evolution takes man off the pedastal, which a lot of people hate.

Neuteboom
User is offlineOffline

I think I just died inside. I wanted to shout at my screen all the fallacies, circular arguments, and plain out just false facts he uses to back up his "logic". And the wose part is that he isn't trying to lie to people, he actually beleives it!

That was the first time I saw that video. I'm practically in tears, I just can't watch that anymore.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline

Hey Nut Tree where you from? Smiling

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline

natto_the_sane wrote:
I've just found out that Hitler believed in gravity and was controlled by the law of gravity. From this day forward, I denounce gravity and all it's works. If I'm not floating near the ceiling by this evening I ought to be denounced as a murdering dictator!

Holy shit, you're my new heroine.

I tried. I really tried to watch the first video, and since I was unable to get through the first 10 seconds I didn't even bother with the second.

Evolution... Hitler's religion... but Hitler considered himself a theist.

"We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out".

"I often feel that we will have to undergo all the trials the devil and hell can devise before we achieve Final Victory....I may be no pious churchgoer, but deep within me I am nevertheless a devout man. That is to say, I believe that he who fights valiantly obeying the laws which a god has established and who never capitulates but instead gathers his forces time after time and always pushes forward?such a man will not be abandoned by the Lawgiver. Rather he will ultimately receive the blessing of Providence. And that blessing has been imparted to all great spirits in history."

"For their interests [the Church's] cannot fail to coincide with ours [the National Socialists] alike in our fight against the symptoms of degeneracy in the world of to-day, in our fight against a Bolshevist culture, against atheistic movement, against criminality, and in our struggle for a consciousness of a community in our national life".

He sure as shit wasn't an atheist (but he sure as shit wasn't Christian by the time we was in power)...

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

Neuteboom
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Hey Nut Tree where you from?

I hail from the fine land of......America. My grandparents are Dutch and moved here to America after the Holocaust. My father was born in the Netherlands but moved here when he was 3. Both my grandparents speak fluent Dutch, my dad can speak some Dutch, but I cannot speak any Dutch at all.

I love my last name, because here in America it practically ranks me as a cult status. Neuteboom has easily got to be the greatest last name of all time, and its sort of my "identity" here. In Holland however, due to itsl iteral translation, its much less gratifying.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline

Smiling coolbeanz...
I know how you pronounce 'Neuteboom' in dutch and afrikaans, but how do you guys pronounce it over there?
Enjoy the forum!
Jan.

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline

He says the book is not sacred its made out of paper...so that means the same for the bible meaybe we should tell him to rip out all the pages of lies in the bible?

Shaggy Shinobi
User is offlineOffline
Can anyone say blatant fear

Can anyone say blatant fear mongering?

And ya notive how they always seem to forget about... Ohhh, I don't know, the Inquisition, the crusades, oh and my favorite the Salem witch hunts. Ahh yes, all those tastey christian classics. Those, good old god fearing innocent days. :rolls eyes:

This is a signature. Marvel at its brilliance.