User is offlineOffline
I'm starting a petition to get you off the net

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:14 AM
Subject: [Defend my God!] PLEASE READ

LUCAS sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD AND IF YOU GUYS WANT TO BE ATHEIST THEN FINE, BUT DON'T GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED. THIS IS SO MESSED UP. IF THERE WASN'T
A GOD THEN HOW IS ANYTHING HERE? EVEN IF THERE WAS A BIG BANG OR WE DID
EVOLVE(WHICH WE DIDN'T) THEN HOW DID IT ALL GET STARTED? EVEN THE ENERGY HAS TO HAVE A HIGHER POWER. I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Separate message from the same guy:

Quote:

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THATS YOUR THING, BUT WHEN YOU GET TEENS TO DENOUNCE THEIR FAITH THAT IS SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. IF THERE WASN'T A GOD HOW WOULD ANYTHING BE HERE? EVEN IF WE DID EVOLVE (WHICH WE DIDN'T) OR THERE WAS A BIG BANG WHERE DID IT START? THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE A HIGHER POWER. EVEN THE BIG BANG WOULD TAKE AN ENERGY FORCE WHICH WOULD HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE. I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING, "IF THERE WAS A GOD WHY IS THERE SO MUCH WRONG IN THE WORLD?" IT'S BECAUSE SIN WAS INTRODUCED INTO THE WORLD AND OUR OWN FREE WILL. LIKE I SAID IF YOU WANT TO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD THAT'S YOUR THING, BUT DON'T YOU EVER GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED!!! GOD BLESS YOU.

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
wrote: I WILL START A

wrote:
I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET.

RFC 1087 Ethics and the Internet

As is true of other common infrastructures (e.g., roads, water
reservoirs and delivery systems, and the power generation and
distribution network), there is widespread dependence on the Internet
by its users for the support of day-to-day research activities.

So the internet is analagous to (e.g., roads, water reservoirs and delivery systems, and the power generation and distribution network)...

Did you include roads, water, and power in your petition? Those are other obviouse mechanisms of the infrastructure helping further support the cause of atheism. No since in letting us travel, see, run air conditioning, or be hygienic? That just furthers our ideas.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all: Internet.

First of all: Internet. Serious business.

Secondly: Careful, guys.  He might go bold and italics on our ass.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Patrician

The Patrician wrote:

Secondly: Careful, guys. He might go bold and italics on our ass.

Yeah, he's already gone "caps lock" on us. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ProfessionalWidow
ProfessionalWidow's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Patrician

The Patrician wrote:

Careful, guys.  He might go bold and italics on our ass.

AHAHAHAA!! Susan's right, he's already gone ALL CAPS on us! It's going to be madness & chaos if he hits the BOLDING button! *ducking*

PW

"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought."
~Graham Greene

Lefank
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Quoting violator:  "Where

Quoting violator:  "Where did your God come from? Even if he exists (which he doesn't) then how did he get started? Even his energy would have to come from a higher power."

Come on violator, didn't I personally cover this issue with you?  The infinite regression will get us nowhere.  And besides, this question is relying on materialism as being true for God, which it isn't.  Of course God would be nearly impossible if we fit him into the material category.  Classical theology states that God is actually very simple, because he's a spirit (not a bunch of parts).  The complexity of our universe still stands as an important question for any naturalists to answer...  the information stored in DNA, the fine tuning of the universe.

robakerson
robakerson's picture
User is offlineOffline
GOD YOU ATHEIST ARE

GOD YOU ATHEIST ARE DUMB,,, THESE THEISTS DONT SPEAK LOGIC OR GRAMMAR. LET ME RESPOND PLZKTHX

Quote:
IF THERE WASN'T
A GOD THEN HOW IS ANYTHING HERE? EVEN IF THERE WAS A BIG BANG OR WE DID
EVOLVE(WHICH WE DIDN'T) THEN HOW DID IT ALL GET STARTED? EVEN THE ENERGY HAS TO HAVE A HIGHER POWER. I WILL START A PETITION AND GET YOU GUYS OFF THE NET. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

IF YOU THINK THAT GODDIDIT (WHICH HE (HE?) DIDN'T) THEN HOW IS GOD EVEN HERE BUT WHY CANT I SEE HIM!!

Quote:
THIS IS HORRIBLE WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

WHAT AM I DOING!

Quote:
IF THERE WASN'T A GOD HOW WOULD ANYTHING BE HERE? EVEN IF WE DID EVOLVE (WHICH WE DIDN'T) OR THERE WAS A BIG BANG WHERE DID IT START? THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE A HIGHER POWER. EVEN THE BIG BANG WOULD TAKE AN ENERGY FORCE WHICH WOULD HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE. I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING, "IF THERE WAS A GOD WHY IS THERE SO MUCH WRONG IN THE WORLD?"

I WASNT SAYING THAT. I WAS THINKING SOEMTHING ABOUT HOW YOU NEED TO LEARN TO READ AND RIGHT. AND CONCEPTUALIZE IDEAS OF YOU'RE OWN,,, EVEN IF GODDIDT (WHICH HE DIDNT) LEPRECHAUNS WOULDN'T THEN EXIST NOW ALONGSITE HUMANS?"
BUT THEY DONT!

Please note: these arguments are presented for the benefit of the NIT (non-intellectual theist), and should not be subjected to reasoning, logic, grammatical rules, or close scrutiny. Thank you.

Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
George Orwell.