The Steve Gregg show

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

For those interested and want to hear a slugging-match of knowledge, and have paid attention to the recent conversations of the site concerning Steve Gregg, the show is now available for purchase! (I just listened to it and it's quite thrilling in my opinion) Grab it now and get in on the conversation! (And I hope you draw some knowledge from it as well!)  You can now watch this show on youtube and get a transcript of the key points, right here.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

Ugh, he was leading you guys all over the place.

It seems like the main point of the entire thing was that he accepts an eyewitness account of a supernatural event as evidence for that event being supernatural.
We all know that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but where exactly would we find such evidence, how can we logically falsify these claims?
Personally I would apply Ockham's razor, there has to be a simple natural explanation - supernatural explanations only create more questions and increase the chance of error.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

He keeps talking about unique events, and supernatural events, but the thing is there is NOTHING that happens in our world that is beyond natural. Nothing. If somebody could somehow walk across water, one could PROVE that by using science, and there is nothing unique about it as with the resurrection case, he admits to believing in other religions resurrection myths as well. SO apparently it's not so unique that they can't be duplicated. Thus, if such an event happened we could test it.

Something, some form of physical evidence would be left to mark such a place.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

Equilibrium
Equilibrium's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

Exactly, seemingly Supernatural events can very easily be supported by scientific theories we may not have come across, thus becoming very natural.

If course, the resurrection is not one of them, it's just ridiculous.

"Character is higher than intellect... A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

I just love how he dodges and dodges...and dodges and dodges.. Eye-wink

Nick
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

Hey, when will the RRS Scholarship people be getting this one?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

Nick_Poling wrote:

Don't you have the subscribers link? If so, it's there already. If not, just let me know... I'll get it to you.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
The Steve Gregg show

Sapient wrote:
Nick_Poling wrote:

Don't you have the subscribers link? If so, it's there already. If not, just let me know... I'll get it to you.

Oh yeah, silly me. Thanks.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."