The cancer lady. [locked]

Musicdude
Theist
Musicdude's picture
User is offlineOffline
The cancer lady. [locked]

Was it just me or was that lady in the audience who kept pushing Kirk to answer her question a complete moron? He was trying to answer her, and she kept interrupting him and accusing him of avoiding the question which he wasn't doing. What a retard. Why did God allow cancer? The answer to that question is the same answer to why God allows any and all suffering to befall us. And Kirk was trying to answer that broader question, when he kept being very rudely interrupted. God didn't create suffering. He didn't create cancer. He created people with free will, and those people's decisions have caused all the evil in the world, including cancer.

The bible says that the world itself was condemned because of man's sin.

Granted that was a Christian-biblical answer to the question, but that is what was being asked. That question was being asked assuming God was real and Christianity was real. If that is true, then the bible must be the source of the answer to that question.

One angel originally created evil. Then one man recreated it. Evil is nothing more than disobedience to God. For disobedience to God to exist there must be some created thing with the ability to choose whether or not to obey God. That is why sin did not exist prior to the creation of angels. God did not make the angel sin, nor did he make the man sin. He only told them what to do and gave them the free will to obey or not. They chose to not obey. They have suffered the consequences.

That just irked me a little. And then I think I saw somewhere on this website bragging about the fact that Kirk couldn't even answer an audience member's question. Please.....Maybe if she would've shut up long enough for him to answer he could have.

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1Cor 1:18

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Folks,

darth_josh wrote:

Folks, you have roughly two to three hours to put any final parting thoughts into this thread before it is closed.

This is being done to afford everyone time to go read the topics in their thread specific places rather than trying to create a frankentein's monster out of this one.

It has been taken too far off of topic.

12am EST the thread is closed.

I would agree that the thread is going nowhere and really serves no purpose. I would disagree that we have gone off topic, so far as I can tell we are actually right about where we started :p 

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
In the interest of

In the interest of maintaining a relatively ordered message board, it is requested that users try to stick to the base points of the original post in a thread that is made in its relevant forum.

The moderators of www.rationalresponders.com give forth our best efforts to ensure that each and every users experience on the 'boards' is enjoyable and as helpful as possible.

After an analysis of this thread, I have found no less than seven separate threads worth of posts containing dialogs that have already taken place or are completely irrelevant to the original post.

Therefore, in the interest of resolution to the aforementioned issues, this thread will be closed.

Please peruse the forums for further material with regard to your individual questions and discussions.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.