Laura Ingraham---hypocrite!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Laura Ingraham---hypocrite!

I just listened to the podcast discussing Brian Sapient's guest appearance on The Laura Ingraham Show.

Morality are commandments? Laura hasn't really read the bible. God's commandments are retarded! We get along with each other for survival and empathy.

About Mother Teresa, Apparently, Ingraham she never read Christopher Hitchens's scathing tome about her. If Teresa had been a secularist working with them, the people she cared for would have had clean facilities, food, clean clothes, and sterile needles. Millions of dollars that poured in to the charity went to the church and other missions. In Ingrams world, missionaries are there for "a reason." Mother Teresa's reason was to glorify the poor's suffering because they were suffering for Jesus! One major reason we have missionaries, especially in Africa, is because people have been missplaced because of religious intollerance and genocide.

I remember listening to Ingraham's show the day Terri Shiavo died. She went on and on about how the liberals killed this poor woman and how conservatives are about "the culture of life." Of course, that "culture of life" doesn't include the poor children that fell victim to mortar shells that her conservative president chose to drop on them. I liked it when she asked Brian what bible he reads. Pssst,, Laura, he read the same one you claim to know! "What about the women's sufferage movement?" She actually used that as an argument for theists activism! She needs to do some research on Elizabeth Statton and Susan B. Antony and what their beliefs were.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
She is a retarded cunt.

She is a retarded cunt.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
rab wrote: I just listened

rab wrote:

I just listened to the podcast discussing Brian Sapient's guest appearance on The Laura Ingraham Show.

She doesn't have much of any idea of what she is talking about, and she doesn't let that stop her from having an opinion anyway. She couldn't even define atheism and agnosticism accurately. If she doesn't grasp the basics of the conversation correctly, there's little need to listen to her any further.

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ingraham is a right wing

Ingraham is a right wing pundit. She is hawkish and yet is a pro lifer. I have a problem with this. She was outraged that Terry Shiavo was allowed to die, yet she supported the invasion of Iraq.  If  you're going to be a part of the so-called "culture of life," shouldn't that include being against pre-emptive strikes against countries that were not a threat to us?

I wish the interview could have gotten more to the subject of Mother Teresa and how much she really did (or did not) help the poor in Calcutta. It was frustrating too to hear how she twisted the argument about atheist's organizations doing volunteer work overseas.

And it was funny as hell how she changed the subject to Brian's girlfriend's occupation. 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation