CBS News covers the Rational Response Squad

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
CBS News covers the Rational Response Squad

Is it all atheists that are in the cult? Just the ones that know the bible? Just the ones that speak up against the bible? I might never understand the media, but I certainly like using them.

As I posted in the youtube comments to someone else:
"Don't forget they chew the body of Christ, drink the blood of christ, rub ashes on their forehead, dip newborns in holy water, and priests wear skirts. There isn't a single argument from Christians that isn't a projection of their own inadequacies, calling us a cult is a sign that they know they themselves are in a cult."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Kinda fucked up how they had

Kinda fucked up how they had that "The Cult" sign up in the background. Unless they meant Christianity.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
"...most disturbingly, they

"...most disturbingly, they target children..."

How is that not a media bias? Do they use "disturbing" to describe religious upbringing? 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's funny that the newsguy

It's funny that the newsguy had to point out that we don't worship Satan.  Apparently it's quite common to equate us with devil worshippers like Christians did with the Jews for so many years (and still do with Muslims).

I don't know why the self-proclaimed pastor with 6,000 sheep had to fear the RRS.  No doubt he's raking in the cash with his tax-exempt business.  Since he claimed his religion is logical, rational and holds up to skepticism he should have no problem flying Brian Sapient out to his compound for a debate. 

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck was with "The

What the fuck was with "The Cult" written in the background? Was I missing that part of the story?

hellfiend666
Rational VIP!
hellfiend666's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Brian, do you know how

Hey Brian, do you know how to get in touch with Farris?  When I start broadcasting on Stickam I'm gonna need content, ya know, and if he's not far from me, I'm sure he can help.  At any rate, my goal for starting the Michigan chapter of RRS will be to solidify our community here as much as possible, and he could help in that, if he's willing. 

The darkness of godlessness lets wisdom shine.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What city is this? I want

What city is this?

I want to send them an e-mail.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought it was great how

I thought it was great how that pastor basically contradicted the Gospel right there on tape.  Hey Reverend, what part of "never" don't you understand?

That graphic saying "The Cult" was bullshit.  

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Voided
User is offlineOffline
funny they didn't need

funny they didn't need anyone to call us a cult yet the most they say for this is "some call this a cult"...

http://cbs4.com/iteam/local_story_254163721.html

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
hellfiend666 wrote: Hey

hellfiend666 wrote:
Hey Brian, do you know how to get in touch with Farris? 

Unfortunatly he's not on our mailing list to have received a DVD.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yet another case of folks

Yet another case of folks that shouldn't be calling themselves "reporters" because they are not presenting an unbiased view.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

InYourHonor08
User is offlineOffline
Tilberian wrote: I thought

Tilberian wrote:
I thought it was great how that pastor basically contradicted the Gospel right there on tape. Hey Reverend, what part of "never" don't you understand?

Look at the context of the verse, though. Christ was talking to the religious leaders who were challenging him because he cast out a demon. The exorcists of that day exorcised the demons by letting loose a greater demon that they believed they controlled. They claimed he was using a demon to cast them out. What he simply said was that if you said he was of satan and that he used satan to cast out satan from someone, then you were blashpeming.

So really, He didn't contradict the Gospel.