RRS Recap of AAI convention

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
RRS Recap of AAI convention

The Rational Response Squad try to recap some of the convention for you. - No atheist had a single negative comment about RRS to any of our faces (17 of us). - Sam Harris urged the audience to shy away from using the word atheist, we disagreed - Greydon Square had a 400 person standing ovation - Greydon Square, Kelly, and Sapient had a 3 hour dinner with Sam Harris, his wife, and Matthew Chapman (Darwins great great grandson). - RRS sat down for interviews with Harris, Hitchens, Dennett, Dawkins, and many more. - Hilarious activity between Comedy Jesus and Pastor Deacon Fred - Major kudos to our "Goddess" of atheism: Margaret Downey. Really good convention pictures in this thread. Brian37 comments on AAI AAI Coverage on ABC.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good show guys...it was a

Good show guys...it was a great weekend.  By far.

Cheers.

Left of Larry 

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I'll add that one of the

I'll add that one of the funnier things I joked about during the conference was, late in the day Saturday  when we were all schmoozing with the celebs, partying, and gettin a lil' crazy by the hotel's pool, we thought it would be awesome to get Jesus drunk and convince him to moonwalk across the water!  Instead we got to watch Brian37 breakin' it down.  Which was about as awesome!

Had a great time, and learned a hell of a lot.

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient signing an

Sapient signing an autograph on a coke can

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Larry, feel free to post

Larry, feel free to post any pics in the thread I started.  It would be awesome to have one thread with all the pics for easy reference.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism