Thank you...

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Thank you...

I was born and raised to be a fundamentalist Christian until two years ago when I was challenged with questions I could not answer. The road to free thinking was a journey and not a light switch. You don't know how great it is to find this kind of communication available, especially when the majority of people where you live, do not engage in free-thought.

The show is great and I just wanted to thank the squad for giving us a message board to use.

I had a couple of friends who made the journey with me actually go back to Christianity. It was hard at first, but then I realized that some people want safety nets and I can only move forward.

Though my grandparents who expected me to be the heir apparent minister might be unhappy with me, I am for the first time happy and free.

Look forward to talk with many of you.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Thank you...

KICK ASS!

Nice to have you aboard, congratulations on your mental freedom and awakening.

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you...

You can be an atheist and a minister at the same time. I would think it would be a distasteful job though.

The Emptiness of Theology
-- Richard Dawkins

Samuel
Samuel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you...

Oh my lack-of-God, there IS hope for humanity.

People are THINKING. FINALLY a comment from a thinker, eh guys? Man, did I need to read that.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you...

welcome to the light...hahaha.... as you said it is a journey...it just doesn't happen over night...I know I didn't just wake up one morning..it took understanding, open mindedness, and the willingness to let go and tear down the walls that have been built in front of you. It takes understanding, critical thinking. Glad you joined this journey we call free thinking and welcome to the RRS.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Thank you...

trulybornagain wrote:
I was born and raised to be a fundamentalist Christian until two years ago when I was challenged with questions I could not answer. The road to free thinking was a journey and not a light switch. You don't know how great it is to find this kind of communication available, especially when the majority of people where you live, do not engage in free-thought.

The show is great and I just wanted to thank the squad for giving us a message board to use.

I had a couple of friends who made the journey with me actually go back to Christianity. It was hard at first, but then I realized that some people want safety nets and I can only move forward.

Though my grandparents who expected me to be the heir apparent minister might be unhappy with me, I am for the first time happy and free.

Look forward to talk with many of you.

hey brother, i hear you. i was a very outspoken worship leader, youth leader and street minister in my christian days. you sound as young as me in my atheism!

"I am for the first time happy and free."

isnt it fascinating that we get the same exact FEELING of freedom when things go 'pop' in your understanding? so many religious feelings are so psychological and it fascinates me that you recognize that feeling of freedom that a revelation brings to us!

"You don't know how great it is to find this kind of communication available, "

i can definately relate with you, bud. i felt so alone while i felt my faith slipping away. my brother (myspace.com/mrskribble) can witness to how emotional i was when i realized i could not believe in god on the grounds of resaon and logic anymore. i fucking cried, man. i LOVED god! i loved him, i knew i loved him... i know why theists want to continue to believe and what motivates them to push the doubts aside and continue on their merry way. i try to make myself available to christians who begin to doubt, but i dont overload them or try to convince them of anything.

the revelation of a non-theist perspective only comes after one submits to reason. no one can force it.

funny thing is, i still feel so passionate about preaching 'the good news' to people, but now the good news is we dont have to make a decision based on unknowables (god, eternity, etc).

stick around man. and check out my myspace at myspace.com/fattychunksjason add me as a friend, brother
=)