Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 17, 2006 9:05 PM

Another RRS clone?

What do you mean by clone?

Quote:
Date: Oct 17, 2006 9:22 PM

You're part of some sort of "squad".

"That a man can take pleasure in marching in formation to the strains of a band is enough to make me despise him."
-Einstein

Ah-ha.

So, because I support the RRS I am some sort of mindless clone who in lieu of thinking for himself decided to give up and join other mindless clones in blindly believing what they are told?

"...and all they need to do is to stand up, recognize each other, and get organized."-Richard Dawkins

I'm sure I will hearing more from this guy in the future. He doesn't seem like the type who will shut up and accept the fact that his assumptions may be wrong.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

"Atheism is life affirming in a way religion can never be."-Richard Dawkins

SilkyShrew
Rational VIP!
SilkyShrew's picture
User is offlineOffline
When he said "clone," did he

When he said "clone," did he really mean "drone?"

And in his statements it is ironic that he is accusing you to be a "follower," in a sense, and yet, he's defending a religion, isn't he?

Congratulations on your new friend.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
This "blasphemy man"

This "blasphemy man" character is a trip. I had little respect for his capacity as a thinker as I learned more and more about him over the last year. He's not a fan of the RRS and he doesn't have a single well informed reason to not be. Just a bunch of jargon that doesn't coincide with reality. Of course the hilarity of it all is a guy who says he doesn't like our tactics of attacking religion, yet uses this as his avatar:

Jawdropping!

Guess where he formulated his views. A&A group on myspace, mentioned here by Darth Josh.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What the fuck?

What the fuck? Laughing out loud

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
SilkyShrew wrote:When he

SilkyShrew wrote:
When he said "clone," did he really mean "drone?"

And in his statements it is ironic that he is accusing you to be a "follower," in a sense, and yet, he's defending a religion, isn't he?

Congratulations on your new friend.

Haha. Yeah I think so.

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank."-Woody Allen

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I want a pair of underwear

I want a pair of underwear like that by the way! :ROTF:

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
His underware goes great

His underware goes great with this:

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

GodStoleMyFriends
User is offlineOffline
I was just glancing over a

I was just glancing over a "I hate RRS" thread over at A&A and wow...what a bunch of pricks. I wonder, do they ever back up their claims that we are ruining atheism? I guess that's way Richard Dawkins is appearing on the RRS show and why Sam Harris supports us also. Those guys seem like the type of atheists who are just live and let live...they think we should just ignore theism and pretend we live in a world in which religion isn't dangerous.

Also, it's really pathetic and elitist (something they accuse the RRS of)to talk down to people who support the RRS. It's fine if they want to be lazy atheists, but the fact that they have to bitch about anyone who decides to become an atheist activist just shows that they live in just as much of a fairy tale world as theists. One where, as I just stated, is not threatened by religious nuts waging wars against each other and welcoming the apocalypse.

Also, about them making fun of the whole donating box up top. Fuck them, it's not like money is automatically drawn from your banking account each time you visit this site. Obviously if there are people in that box these people want to donate.

/rant off

Sorry about that, I just needed to get this off my chest without having them use the one argument they have when a RRS supporter responds to their attacks against me:

"It looks like the RRS calvery has been called up in the form of this sycophantic zit-popper. I'm ascared!"

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
GodStoleMyFriends wrote:I

GodStoleMyFriends wrote:
I was just glancing over a "I hate RRS" thread over at A&A and wow...what a bunch of pricks. I wonder, do they ever back up their claims that we are ruining atheism? I guess that's way Richard Dawkins is appearing on the RRS show and why Sam Harris supports us also.

You should see the attacks against Dawkins. On any other atheist board in the world Dawkins commands respect, on this one the 7 dissenters whine like little bitches and scream so often and repetitively that any conversation is stiffled. It's identitical to what happens in RRS threads, I know, I get emails everytime the I hate RRS threads are started by supporters who don't feel like speaking up. I mean these guys use some of the most pathetic argumentation around all while claiming intellectual superiority. It's sorry what the moderator has allowed to happen over there.

Here's a whine whine about you likeing Dawkins thread.

Gravity making a complete fucking fool of himself on page 3. With doozies like "Has Dawkins ever made an original argument? I could probably debate the atheist side better than him." When asked, and which of his gazillion books did you read? Gravity replies "None." On the same day Gravity is being spoke about as one of the smartest people on their board. These morons have actually been had by this tool Gravity, some are just too fucking stupid to realize it. Try speaking up about it, and they'll bash and yell a never ending stream of epithets with no care about reality.

Here's a shut up about you liking Dawkins thread. Notice Gravity with his typical diatribe, he absolutely must respond to EVERYTHING RRS says, always with some sort of off handed negative remark.

See a recurring theme? It's the same cast of dissent dominating discussion. As if this nearly retarded almost sheeplike minority is somehow representive of the majority of atheists. Sticking out tongue

Quote:
Sorry about that, I just needed to get this off my chest without having them use the one argument they have when a RRS supporter responds to their attacks against me:

"It looks like the RRS calvery has been called up in the form of this sycophantic zit-popper. I'm ascared!"

Great reasoning there, by these morons. I saw them attack a young RRS fan with that. That was great, here's some kid I barely even know going in there, and he clearly must have been "called up" by us. Damn, you know... Did we call you up? Shit, the first thing I did was sent you a warning email that you're in for a party of morons.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Are these people more of

Are these people more of those fakes who are actually fundies and pretend to be atheists? We've had a few on here. Why the fuck do they do that? wtf

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Are these

MattShizzle wrote:
Are these people more of those fakes who are actually fundies and pretend to be atheists?

Well Gravity is a theist, however I have very little reason to believe they're pretending, I've seen some of the same cast for over a year. I think they're simply used to a society in which we blindly respect the beliefs of others. The notion that some beliefs don't deserve respect is not a battle were going to win easy with everyone, however it's a necessary fight for the advancement of science and society as a whole. Some people just don't get it or don't want to get it as they're brainwashed (for lack of a better word) into think a live and let live world is what we should live in.

Quote:
We've had a few on here. Why the fuck do they do that? :wtf:

Well clearly the theists pretending to be atheists know that they have little chance of convincing others of their stupidity. Some of these theists are stupid enough to think that because they follow some other theists blindly, that atheists will follow other atheists blindly. So they talk to us under this disguise in hopes they'll convince us of our viewpoint.

On the previous note... It's so extremely ironic the type of intolerance of views and the staunch raving mad personality types of some of the people preaching "live and let live" or be "tolerant of everyones views." To me this seems like one of the highest forms of hypocrisies, and to me seems to illustrate a fundamental problem with the "be tolerant of everyone elses views" philosophy.

I condensed it into a quote last month...

"If you don't respect the beliefs of theists, and someone tells you to repect other peoples beliefs, remind them that they are not respecting yours." Sapient

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
And how many Christians

And how many Christians respect non-belief?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:And how

MattShizzle wrote:
And how many Christians respect non-belief?

You see, my point isn't how many Christians respect non-belief. In some degrees of respect, one might say that a live and let live Christian is respecting the lack of belief of non believers. Another depending on how you look at the word "respect" might say that in order to truly respect a belief, one must hold it, and so therefore Christians don't technically respect the non-belief of atheists. HOWEVER... as I said, that's not my point.

My point is that if a Christian or anyone for that matter tells you that you should respect the beliefs of others, they are simply not respecting your belief that you don't blindly respect the beliefs of others. There is an ironic hypocrisy there, that is so glaring. It amazes me that this isn't pointed out more often.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I would also point out,

I would also point out, should we respect the belief that the Earth is flat? What about the belief that 2 + 2 =5? Or that "cat" is spelled "K-A-T?" Or maybe that pouring ice cream into computers makes them work better? I certainly wouldn't respect such beliefs. And religion is just as valid.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

GodStoleMyFriends
User is offlineOffline
Yeah. I received your email,

Yeah. I received your email, Sapient. I haven't seen any recent discussions in which I've really wanted to attempt jumping into yet. They will have to say something that really makes me feel like puffing my pipe before I step into their little world.

The problem with them is that they don't argue. They bitch and moan like little kids and make fun of you as if we are all on a pre-school playground. Hell, kids behave better than they do. You can't hope to have an intelligent discussion with those pricks when it comes to the RRS (or Dawkins)because Gravity and his sheep crew will just throw insults at you as if you are some highly unintelligent sub-normal being crawling from the sewers.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah yes, the "I hate RRS"

ah yes, the "I hate RRS" folks on A n A. Blasphemy Man, and others at Infidel Girls, forcarl, and many others..yes..the anti-rrs athiests. I have dealt with these folks before. I used to chat with blasphemy man, until I affiliated myself with RRS, he deleted me from his friends list. oh well..no big loss. These people are 1 part jealous, 1 part lazy and 1 part ignorant.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry

LeftofLarry wrote:
forcarl

Actually Forcarl has since sent me a sincere apology for his past actions and letter of appreciation for everything we're doing.

You can add to the list, the off and on producer for the Infidel Guy to the list of "attackers" though. I really don't have the time to properly pick apart his latest post, it doesn't do much more than confirm my previous post. Here's the blog comment, notice he has Frank Walton aka "AtheismSucks" agreeing with him. Anytime you have Frank Walton agreeing with you, you've basically lost it.

Yellow has been duking it out with him (Laz) and others previously over here.

[rant]

The more and more I talk to leaders within the atheist community the more and more they slowly start to agree, we should respect beliefs that deserve respect, we should openly criticize those that don't and we should be honest and forthright. Just today Margaret Downey a previously less confrontational sort of atheist mentioned that "Letter to a Christian Nation" has really empowered her to speak more strongly, bluntly, and accurately to the irrationality that theism is. She said she just spoke at a conference and laid it all on the line. I posed some other examples and analogies to her, and she was extremely receptive to them. Margaret is clearly an open minded freethinker that is willing to change as decent arguments are made with reasons to adapt. I don't mind some atheists remaining in a world where we don't criticize honestly and bluntly, however it's appaling to see how many will speak up against those actions. As I've already mentioned some of these fools can't see the blatant hypocrisy staring them in the face as they shout "RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS" while effectively shitting on our beliefs.

To those atheists I say, wake up, get with the times, EVOLVE, and go fuck yourself for shitting on us you hypocrites. See my signatue........
[/rant]

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, this is weird

Wow, this is weird Raised Brow Puzzled Shocked

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
If you guys need an extra

If you guys need an extra stormtrooper on some other forum to raze Christian arguments, just drop me the name of the forum. Smiling

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.