Date: Oct 13, 2006 1:05 AM

do u believe in god

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 12, 2006 10:27 PM

NO. Do you?

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 13, 2006 10:02 AM

YES I DO AND I DIDNT UNDERSTAND YOUR PAGE AT FIRST SO I TOOK YOU OF MY FRIENDS LIST AND THE COMMENT U GAVE ME SO WELL GOODBYE AND GODBLESS YOU AND YOUR SOUL CAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT IN THE END THATS IS VERY RUDE OF YOU NOT TO BELIEVE IN GOT HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING NO YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF AND YOU ARE GOING TO HELL FOR DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND YOU NEED TO AS GOT TO FORGIVE FOR ALL YOU SINS GOODBYE AND REMEBER JESUS LOVE YOU AMEN!

So you're not going to take the time to research reasons as to why people wouldn't believe? You'll simply believe the lies and bullshit you've been spoon fed by Christians your entire life? Don't you think any real god would be insulted at how poorly you're utilizing the brain he gave you?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
:: cough :: from your source

:: cough ::

from your source wrote:
Darwin formulated a short "Pencil Sketch" of his theory, and by 1844 had written a 240-page "Essay" that expanded his early ideas on natural selection.

Anne Elizabeth "Annie" Darwin (2 March 1841–22 April 1851)

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
The theory of evolution was

The theory of evolution was introduced to him before his daughter died, but her death led to him becoming an athiest.

Futhermore explain the conditions necessary for natural selection to occur.

Also, Darwin (1859) suggested that whales arose from bears, sketching a scenario in which selective pressures might cause bears to evolve into whales; embarrassed by criticism, he removed his hypothetical swimming bears from later editions of the Origin (Gould 1995).

http://www.talkorigins.org/features/whales/

hahaha i guess he couldn't BEAR the criticism. Laughing out loud

The Future of the World and the United States can be summed up in one verse:

Quran 61:9
{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
Before I proceed, I want to

Before I proceed, I want to be certain that you are asking for me to explain the mechanisms of natural selection to you.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Correct me if i am

Correct me if i am wrong.

Natural selection is the process by which individual organisms with favorable traits are more likely to survive and reproduce than those with unfavorable traits. Natural selection works on the whole individual, but only the heritable component of a trait will be passed on to the offspring, with the result that favorable, heritable traits become more common in the next generation. Given enough time, this passive process can result in adaptations and speciation (see evolution).

Does this also imply that they grow new organs because of these adaptations?

{ He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religio

Voided
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:hahaha i

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
hahaha i guess he couldn't BEAR the criticism. :D

I don't know a great deal about whales evolving, past the part where they are from something that went back into the water, but dude that is what sciences is all about. If something is proven wrong you fix it to come up with a better answer. Even people like Einstein did this sort of thing. Such things are a sign of a good scientist and you do science as a whole a great disservice if you are trying to imply people changing or modifying ideas is a bad thing.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
But the actual theory of

But the actual theory of evolution came from ancient Greece. It was only identified by the world in the late nineteenth century.

Darwins theories were actually more influenced by the French biologist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, in his Zoological Philosophy written in 1809.

Lamarck thought that all living things were endowed with a vital force that drove them to evolve toward greater complexity. He also thought that organisms could pass on to their offspring traits acquired during their lifetimes. As an example of this, Lamarck suggested that the long neck of the giraffe evolved when a short-necked ancestor took to browsing on the leaves of trees instead of on grass.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I don't know a great

Quote:
I don't know a great deal about whales evolving, past the part where they are from something that went back into the water, but dude that is what sciences is all about. If something is proven wrong you fix it to come up with a better answer. Even people like Einstein did this sort of thing. Such things are a sign of a good scientist and you do science as a whole a great disservice if you are trying to imply people changing or modifying ideas is a bad thing.

For darwin to come up with such an idea shows how unscientific and ridiculous he is.

Second, he didn't change it because he did scientific experiments, he changed it because he was embarrased and criticized.

You gonna believe the same theory of evolution from a man who thought whales evolved from bears??

hillarious.

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:But the

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
But the actual theory of evolution came from ancient Greece. It was only identified by the world in the late nineteenth century.

Darwins theories were actually more influenced by the French biologist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, in his Zoological Philosophy written in 1809.

Lamarck thought that all living things were endowed with a vital force that drove them to evolve toward greater complexity. He also thought that organisms could pass on to their offspring traits acquired during their lifetimes. As an example of this, Lamarck suggested that the long neck of the giraffe evolved when a short-necked ancestor took to browsing on the leaves of trees instead of on grass.

Yes, but the difference is that Lamarckian evolution is wrong. By working out, you increase your own body's strength and endurance, but since heredity is genetic, you do not pass on the characteristics you've obtained through working out. In other words, we cannot alter the genetic code by merely using our bodies - it's the other way around.

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
For darwin to come up with such an idea shows how unscientific and ridiculous he is.

Ad hominem. Jesus fucking christ, the reason it's difficult arguing with you is that you refuse to learn from mistakes. Furthermore, there is nothing unscientific about being wrong. Science is about falsification, and that idea was clearly falsified. However, the theory evolution wasn't.

Quote:
Second, he didn't change it because he did scientific experiments, he changed it because he was embarrased and criticized.

This is called "peer review." This should be evidence that when theories or ideas in science are wrong, they are removed. Evolution has not been removed. See the reasoning here?

Quote:
You gonna believe the same theory of evolution from a man who thought whales evolved from bears??

hillarious.

This is perhaps the fourth time you've committed this fallacy in the last few pages. STOP DOING IT.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I think you may want to

I think you may want to re-read the rest of that article.

Quote:
The evidence that whales descended from terrestrial mammals is here divided into nine independent parts: paleontological, morphological, molecular biological, vestigial, embryological, geochemical, paleoenvironmental, paleobiogeographical, and chronological. Although my summary of the evidence is not exhaustive, it shows that the current view of whale evolution is supported by scientific research in several distinct disciplines.

Honestly a lot of people in science had a thing or two wrong, but this theory, as other pointed out, has expanded with time. Also you seem to suggest that he just came up with this idea out of nothing. That is not the case and you have already shown how you think macro, if not any kind of evolution, is absurd. The fact you find the idea that a bear like species could become whales absurd is not surprising at all.

ALMALHAMAH
ALMALHAMAH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Ad hominem. Jesus

Quote:
Ad hominem. Jesus fucking christ, the reason it's difficult arguing with you is that you refuse to learn from mistakes. Furthermore, there is nothing unscientific about being wrong. Science is about falsification, and that idea was clearly falsified. However, the theory evolution wasn't.

I said his assertion was UNSCIENTIFIC and BASELESS, understand?

He had no research or no data to prove his wild accusation.

Much like his accusation of evolution, never have i seen an animal evolve nor gain any new organs from reproducing.

Second of all, evolution is based on editing the origional theories of the past generation, such as Lamarck and the Greeks.

If you take any theory and keep editing it based on scientific findings it will be scientifically accurate also.

My main point is that the intial basis of all species evolving from a single organism is absurd. You take this theory and add on scientific facts and poof: you have evolution.

The same argument can be made with religions, and the same arguments you have produced so far.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I think you are a little

I think you are a little confused how science works Alma...

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
ALMALHAMAH wrote:I said his

ALMALHAMAH wrote:
I said his assertion was UNSCIENTIFIC and BASELESS, understand?

He had no research or no data to prove his wild accusation.

article wrote:
The evidence that whales descended from terrestrial mammals is here divided into nine independent parts: paleontological, morphological, molecular biological, vestigial, embryological, geochemical, paleoenvironmental, paleobiogeographical, and chronological. Although my summary of the evidence is not exhaustive, it shows that the current view of whale evolution is supported by scientific research in several distinct disciplines.

Eye-wink

Quote:
Much like his accusation of evolution, never have i seen an animal evolve nor gain any new organs from reproducing.

This makes it very obvious that you are merely desperately trying to justify your incorrect conclusions. Evolution is a process that takes thousands, millions of years. However, evidence of evolution is there every time you look at different species of ants or insects of any kind. You won't be able to see changes in the DNA just by looking at an animal. And I'm willing to bet you've not seen too many animals give birth and grow to maturity. In order to conclusively determine if something has evolved, we must either look at the phenotypic rations of a population, or a population genetic analysis. None of this you can just "see."

S

Quote:
econd of all, evolution is based on editing the origional theories of the past generation, such as Lamarck and the Greeks.

If you take any theory and keep editing it based on scientific findings it will be scientifically accurate also.

Exactly. You now understand that science is an evolving system of axioms. If something is wrong, it is discarded; if something is merely inaccurate, modify it; if something is supported, expand your experiments.

Quote:
My main point is that the intial basis of all species evolving from a single organism is absurd. You take this theory and add on scientific facts and poof: you have evolution.

It's not absurd at all. But it seems you've just realized how science works, and that evolution is true. The only way to know something about nature is to try to obtain empirical observations from it. Based on our observations, we write down patterns. If something changes, we change these patterns to account for the new evidence. This is science.

Quote:
The same argument can be made with religions, and the same arguments you have produced so far.

No, because religions are inherently authoritative. The truth of science lies not in any given set of explanations, but in the fact that IF our explanations are wrong, we can change them and make them more right. Religion prohibits the possibility of being wrong, and is therefore impossible to critically examine.