CREATION SHOULD REVEAL THE CREATOR

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
CREATION SHOULD REVEAL THE CREATOR

Quote:
---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 26, 2006 10:52 AM

hello i sent a question and have gotten no response from one of your "professionals"

Sorry, we get about 50 emails a day, and cant answer them all. Many of these emails have questions in which the research can be done on the internet by anyone interested and often get overlooked.

Quote:
so i will ask again, who or what created the earth and mankind??

Here is some information on how the Earth formed.

Here is a google search for more info. I gave you the first link in google.

Now you asked what created mankind... of course first life needs to exist. So you should look at "abiogenesis" or "origin of life" on wikipedia.

Now, once life existed, then evolution allowed for many different species to exist. Here you can learn a little more about how we evolved

Keep in mind these were the first links I stumbled upon and there is plenty more knowledge available should you actually be curious about reality, and not explain everything away with myth.

Quote:
also do ya'll believe in love, if "yes", why?

We actually debate this from time to time. I'm not sure I "believe in love." I do however use the word "love" to describe how I feel about the people I care about the most.

Quote:
love can't be seen, a hug or kiss is not love, but an action, it is the feeling inside that is love.

It's also the actions that help determine love. You can measure love, you can test it. If I walked up to you everyday and kicked you in the balls, spit on your feet, and punched you in the face, and said "I love you" Would you believe me? I'd hope not. You can determine if you love someone or they love you by their actions.

The dictionary defines love as:
a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"

"Love" is just a word to describe how we feel about something. However "God" is not meant to describe how we feel, "God" is meant to describe a specific being.

Quote:
if "no" you decieve yourself, everyone "loves" something.

Don't be so sure. Considering how many people live on our planet, and the poor emotional state of some of them, it's very possible that there are plenty of people that don't "love" something.

Quote:
God is the same, although not visible, it is the belief within that there is something greater than us,

God is supposed to be an entity a being, not an emotion or a belief. You can have a belief in god, but god itself isn't the belief.

Quote:
but then again there are visible signs of God

No there are not, don't make yourself look foolish. One could just as easily say "there are visible signs of the flying gnome" and be just as accurate.

Quote:
ALL CREATION SHOULD REVEAL THE CREATOR.

It should considering how many people believe in it, but it doesn't.

Quote:
thank you

Your welcome. This letter was posted in our mailbag section.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Damn stupid ignorant

Damn stupid ignorant bullshit.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
HE

HE RESPONDS:

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 26, 2006 12:37 PM

so your telling me for example, if you wear a watch on your wrist, you will accept the fact that all the functions internally and externally to make this watch work are there but not give credit to a watchman that was behind the creating and making of this watch?

No, we weren't talking about a watch. And yes, I can see watch factories make watches, I KNOW all watches have a maker. Have you ever seen a Universe factory in which you can provide evidence that all Universes have a maker? If everything must have a maker then what is gods maker? And what is the maker of gods maker, on and on and on.

Quote:
why do you consider my belief of mankind myth and your belief of evolution true, because the words and calculations of man is more understandable.

I don't "believe" in evolution, I accept it as fact just like the rest of the scientific community that bases their understanding of the world on evidence.

Quote:
Even those who hate have love, they have a love for hatred.

Says you, but maybe not them. Maybe they hate being hateful in their eyes.

Quote:
and have your ever seen a flying gnome?

Nope. Have you seen god? Snap a picture for me if the opportunity arises.

Quote:
i have'nt but i have seen mountains, great bodies of water, volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, things you say deal with science, which might be true, then i guess that makes God the ultimate scientist.

No, it makes science a method to explain how those things work, and it still makes god what he was when we started this conversation.... non existent. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Quote:----------------

Quote:
---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 26, 2006 6:43 PM

on the profile, you have a list of heroes, what if i was to tell you that i didn't believe they existed?

Might as well. Why stop at god belief? How bout telling me that 2+2=6? That'd be in character too.

Quote:
i've never seen them, i've read about them in books, seen pics, heard of what they've done but i choose to believe they are myth. how can you prove they are real?

Contemporary evidence.

Quote:
and i know we were not speaking of a watch but sometimes simple analogies or parables can make sense and give sight to the blind of understanding.
have you ever seen darwin or any other of your "heroes"?

Yes I've met one of my heroes "Richard Carrier" standing with me in the picture on my page, and I've spoken to 8 others on the phone.

Quote:
all they were (if they even existed) were men that discovered what God had already put on the earth.

Who? What? Prove it.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Does he/she/it really think

Does he/she/it really think we have never heard this before? Laughing out loud

highraven
highraven's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians are trying to dig

Christians are trying to dig out of a sand pit, but the more "evidence" they pull the further they sink! wtf

-----------------------------------------------------------------
And Jesus said to the sheep " I shall make you blind and lame, so you may never know the truth"

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
highraven wrote:Christians

highraven wrote:
Christians are trying to dig out of a sand pit, but the more "evidence" they pull the further they sink! :wtf:

Well said! thumbs up clapping

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The gentleman in the

The gentleman in the original profile begs the question. "Creation should reveal the creator."

Um, hang on there. He's assuming it's 'created.'

Since no one can describe what 'creation' is, the word means do-squat.

tsk-tsk

Head Bash