I like you guys, but...

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like you guys, but...

Quote:
---------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Aug 19, 2006 7:34 PM

so you consider your selves open minded but you try to make eveyone that is religious non religious?

Ok, I can agree with that.

Quote:
Isn't that exactly what the main goal of the christian religion- convert everyone?

Well that's one of their goals. However keep in mind that everyone is born atheist, they are then taught a lie, and theists accept that lie. We ask people to look at the evidence that supports the lie that they believe, and to abandon the lie for their naturally born position if they agree with us.

Quote:
You are just as extreme as the most extreme of some religions.

Well maybe in the sense that we activelly discuss our thoughts and views of the world with others. However the fundamental difference is that we have evidence supporting claims that we make, religious people generally don't.

Quote:
I believe in science as much as the people on your page but i do not find some religions irrational... i do find extremist religions irrational.

Yeah, we agree! Smiling

Quote:
I am a philisophical taoist/buddhist by the way... NOT a religious one...

Interesting, we've debated amongst ourselves a few times, if buddhism/taoism is a religion or not. We know it's atheistic, but can't agree on the aspect of religion. What are your thoughts there?

Quote:
I dont think there really is anything wrong with you people excepting the fact that you are guilty of hippocracy and you are a little extreme... other than that...

What hypocrisy? You'll have to be more specific, what are we hypocritical about?

Quote:
you guys rock! thanks for the add!

Well thanks. But I'm curious... you think hypocrites rock? I don't.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
This guy's all over the

This guy's all over the place... like he has something to say, but doesn't want to say it because he doesn't want to have to get beaten down by you, Sapient... I think he's afraid.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."