Emotional appeal, out of left field

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Emotional appeal, out of left field

Quote:

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Aug 19, 2006 2:21 AM

Feelings -- we all have our share of them. They can be compared to drifting clouds that momentarily appear and then fade away. Sometimes they arrive unannounced, and other times they are welcomed like an old familiar, stuffed chair.In case you havent noticed, our feelings can be very unpredictable. On certain days, they can be very gentle and warm. On other days, however, they can be like a howling wind, fierce and unceasing, tossing us to and fro like a rag doll. They have often been described as fickle, fleeting, superficial, shallow, deep, intense, void, and empty. They are denied, stifled, and stuffed, and on some occasions, encouraged to be expressed. Like clockwork, they will show up and other times they are nowhere to be found.If we make the mistake of allowing them to go unchecked for any length of time, we soon discover that we are no longer in the drivers seat -- they are! God, acting as our heavenly highway patrolman, will pull us over and write us a love summons that jolts us back into reality. He reminds us that He has already given us divine authority over our emotions and that we have every right to call the shots. We can make an arrest, if you will, by no longer allowing our feelings to dictate the way our day should go.The wonderful truth of the matter is, though our feelings fluctuate from day to day, nothing can change the unmovable character of God. Isnt that a reassuring promise? In Him, there is no shadow of turning (James 1:17). He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God can handle our misbehaving emotions. He can even handle our hissy fits. He is a patient, loving Father who graciously looks past the exterior noise of our reeling emotions, and seeks to develop within us a solid foundation of faith and trust.

No matter what feelings may sweep over us, it is faith, not feeling, that God is after.

I discovered the lyrics from a rather famous song called The Solid Rock that seem to say it so well:

When darkness seems to hide his face,
I rest on his unchanging grace,
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

On Christ the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

Then it was like I heard God saying, You see all those people? I am calling each of them to know Me.

God wants you to know Him. He wants you to believe Him. Just because you cant see Him does not mean He is not there. He is closer than your breath. He is more alive than anything you have experienced. He wants you to let Him love you.He calls out to His children, Come to Me; draw near to Me, but they dont know its their Father God who is calling, and so they become distracted thinking other things or letting people fill that void. But nothing or no one can possibly fill that intimate place that is prepared for God Himself.
Frustration sets in and you might be tempted to believe, He does not love me. He is too far away; He is too high for me to attain. Those are lies, and you have to learn the difference between the two voices. How do you know the difference? Know that He loves you more than anyone else. You can trust His love, His plan, His strength, and His grace. The Great I AM is whatever and whoever you need or want. Even the birds dont go unfed. How much more does He want a relationship with you! How do you start? You just go to Him and tell Him your heart; you can entrust your heart to Him. He knows it already, but He wants to heal it. He wants to let you know that many of the desires in your heart are from Him -- you just simply have not trusted Him enough to know those thing are in His heart for you.
Begin with create in me a clean heart, O, God. He will clean out the places that you dont know how to clean out. Though you put them there, He can clean them out. He does it so gently and in so much love that you will receive His peace and joy and a deeper trust and relationship with Him.
You see, no one else can fill this need and special place like God with His precious Holy Spirit. He wants you to trust Him and His love for you. There is nothing to fear. Jesus said, I came that you may have life and have it to the full.
Make a decision to welcome the presence of God. You can come away with Him and experience all the peace and joy that the abundant life has for you. He is calling. This is His idea, not yours.Stop resisting and do what the word says: Submit to Him and let Him truly abide in you and you abide in Him.
What a wonderful adventure is ahead for you, so just make the decision!

even if this didn't help u..it truly, and honestly helped me. i have been struggling for the past few weeks and while reading this it opened my eyes to see just how much God truly loves me and it wasn't a coincidence that i wrote this message to you tonight...it was truly God-he works in divine and mysterious ways. i will pray for you everday. i love you and so does ur father in heaven-who is with you everyday-even as ur reading this.

he said, "i will never leave you; nor forsake you

MY RESPONSE:

Feelings -- we all have our share of them. They can be compared to drifting clouds that momentarily appear and then fade away. Sometimes they arrive unannounced, and other times they are welcomed like an old familiar, stuffed chair.In case you havent noticed, our feelings can be very unpredictable. On certain days, they can be very gentle and warm. On other days, however, they can be like a howling wind, fierce and unceasing, tossing us to and fro like a rag doll. They have often been described as fickle, fleeting, superficial, shallow, deep, intense, void, and empty. They are denied, stifled, and stuffed, and on some occasions, encouraged to be expressed. Like clockwork, they will show up and other times they are nowhere to be found.If we make the mistake of allowing them to go unchecked for any length of time, we soon discover that we are no longer in the drivers seat -- they are! The Flying Spaghetti Monster, acting as our heavenly highway patrolman, will pull us over and write us a love summons that jolts us back into reality. He reminds us that He has already given us divine authority over our emotions and that we have every right to call the shots. We can make an arrest, if you will, by no longer allowing our feelings to dictate the way our day should go.The wonderful truth of the matter is, though our feelings fluctuate from day to day, nothing can change the unmovable character of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Isnt that a reassuring promise? In Him, there is no shadow of turning (James 1:17). He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The Flying Spaghetti Monster can handle our misbehaving emotions. He can even handle our hissy fits. He is a patient, loving Father who graciously looks past the exterior noise of our reeling emotions, and seeks to develop within us a solid foundation of faith and trust.

No matter what feelings may sweep over us, it is faith, not feeling, that Flying Spaghetti Monster is after.

I discovered the lyrics from a rather famous song called The Solid Rock that seem to say it so well:

When darkness seems to hide his face,
I rest on his unchanging grace,
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

On the Flying Spaghetti Monster the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

Then it was like I heard the Flying Spaghetti Monster saying, You see all those people? I am calling each of them to know Me.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wants you to know Him. He wants you to believe Him. Just because you cant see Him does not mean He is not there. He is closer than your breath. He is more alive than anything you have experienced. He wants you to let Him love you.He calls out to His children, Come to Me; draw near to Me, but they dont know its their Flying Spaghetti Monster who is calling, and so they become distracted thinking other things or letting people fill that void. But nothing or no one can possibly fill that intimate place that is prepared for the Flying Spaghetti Monster Himself. Frustration sets in and you might be tempted to believe, He does not love me. He is too far away; He is too high for me to attain. Those are lies, and you have to learn the difference between the two voices. How do you know the difference? Know that He loves you more than anyone else. You can trust His love, His plan, His strength, and His grace. The Great I AM is whatever and whoever you need or want. Even the birds dont go unfed. How much more does He want a relationship with you! How do you start? You just go to Him and tell Him your heart; you can entrust your heart to Him. He knows it already, but He wants to heal it. He wants to let you know that many of the desires in your heart are from Him -- you just simply have not trusted Him enough to know those thing are in His heart for you. Begin with create in me a clean heart, O, Flying Spaghetti Monster. He will clean out the places that you dont know how to clean out. Though you put them there, He can clean them out. He does it so gently and in so much love that you will receive His peace and joy and a deeper trust and relationship with Him. You see, no one else can fill this need and special place like the Flying Spaghetti Monster with His precious Flying Spaghetti Monster spirit. He wants you to trust Him and His love for you. There is nothing to fear. The Flying Spaghetti Monster said, I came that you may have life and have it to the full. Make a decision to welcome the presence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can come away with Him and experience all the peace and joy that the abundant life has for you. He is calling. This is His idea, not yours.Stop resisting and do what the word says: Submit to Him and let Him truly abide in you and you abide in Him. What a wonderful adventure is ahead for you, so just make the decision!

even if this didn't help u..it truly, and honestly helped me. i have been struggling for the past few weeks and while reading this it opened my eyes to see just how much the Flying Spaghetti Monster truly loves me and it wasn't a coincidence that i wrote this message to you tonight...it was truly the Flying Spaghetti Monster-he works in divine and mysterious ways. i will pray for you everday. i love you and so does ur father in heaven-who is with you everyday-even as ur reading this.

he said, "i will never leave you; nor forsake you."

We both have the same amount of evidence for our beliefs. My flying spaghetti monster is just as real as your god.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JB_Montag
JB_Montag's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nothing says perfect love

Nothing says perfect love from a diety like, agonizing torment for all eternity.