Suggestion

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Suggestion

I would like to make a suggestion I haven't been on here long enough to hear any of the RSS feeds, so I don't know if you accapt Christians or not. I doubt that you do, but before you discount the idea think about this...it's mroe publicity for RR. The ABC debates got alot of publicity, simply because people are interested in the Christianit v.s. Athiest debate. But, the guests I propse are a few Christian rappers. I'm suggesting a few just in case a few can't come (cause these dudes STAY busy on the road).

The Ambassador

Shai Linne

Redeemed Thought

These are three really educated, smart guys. Plus, they're alot mroe personal than Ray Comfort. I thought Kirk was good, and he aways stays cool and doen't shove anything down some one's throat...but I'm not a big Ray Comfort fan. Anyway, these guys would be good. Eveen if you just have one on there, and you could put that Gredon Square guy on tehre to and make it a rapper show. All these guys have myspaces, and if you (people who book he shows) can't get in touch with them, yall have my email and I know how to. I know Ambassador and Redeemed thought are on tour right now, and Shai is always busy to...but I'm sure they can find time.

p.s. for all rap music fans that may try to listen to them...they are east coast. if you dont like east coast you wont like them. If you'd actually like to give Christian ra a listen, message me and I'll give you some good links.I know athiests who like it mroe than secular rap. I listened to all the videos on this site about Greydon Square. he's got a nice west coast style...bu needless to say I dont enjoy the lyrics. I still listened with an open mind.

My Master has no desire to be merely victor in a debate: he did not come into the world to fight a battle of logic just
for the sake of winning it. --Charles Spurgeon

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
No response? None?

No response? None?

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't see any of the core

I don't see any of the core members online right now.  It's their opinion/decision that counts.  I'd hang tight for a bit.  Smiling

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I don't

pariahjane wrote:
I don't see any of the core members online right now.  It's their opinion/decision that counts.  I'd hang tight for a bit.  Smiling

Thanks for the advice!

My Master has no desire to be merely victor in a debate: he did not come into the world to fight a battle of logic just

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I would like to make

Quote:
I would like to make a suggestion I haven't been on here long enough to hear any of the RSS feeds, so I don't know if you accapt Christians or not. I doubt that you do, but before you discount the idea think about this...it's mroe publicity for RR. The ABC debates got alot of publicity, simply because people are interested in the Christianit v.s. Athiest debate. But, the guests I propse are a few Christian rappers. I'm suggesting a few just in case a few can't come (cause these dudes STAY busy on the road).

I'm not one of the decision makers, but I can tell you that we love it when apologists or "Creation Scientists" or any other really educated theist agrees to a debate.  The thing is, it really doesn't pan out very often.

At the risk of pre-judging, I'm not sure Christian rappers would have a very good time on the show.  RRS doesn't allow people to come on and preach.  It's all about whether or not they can logically defend their position.  Professors of divinity have had their asses handed to them on the show.  (I think Ergun Caner is a professor.  Maybe I'm wrong.) 

It's been my observation that when the apologists realize that they don't get to preach, and that they have to actually go one on one vs. scientists, they tend to back out an awful lot. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Crossover
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I'm not one of the decision makers, but I can tell you that we love it when apologists or "Creation Scientists" or any other really educated theist agrees to a debate. The thing is, it really doesn't pan out very often.

At the risk of pre-judging, I'm not sure Christian rappers would have a very good time on the show. RRS doesn't allow people to come on and preach. It's all about whether or not they can logically defend their position. Professors of divinity have had their asses handed to them on the show. (I think Ergun Caner is a professor. Maybe I'm wrong.)

It's been my observation that when the apologists realize that they don't get to preach, and that they have to actually go one on one vs. scientists, they tend to back out an awful lot.

Well, these guys raen't just like rapers. They're all college graduates and qualified to be professors. I'm pretty sure they could hold their own, or else I wouldn't have put there names here. I'm thinkin that a athiest rap v.s. Christian rap debate woould be real tight. I was wrong, Redeemed Thought does not have a myspace, but he is good with science. I'm not sure Shai Linne would do an interview, he might be one to back out. Mostly cause he's a really shy guy. Do a myspace music search and he'll be the first resulat under Shai Linne...read his about me section, its so funy.

But I know taht Ambassador and Redeemed Thought would do it if they said they would. They won't back out. If they say they'll do it then they will..it's just whether they'll say they will.