JP Holding

Deathmunkee
User is offlineOffline
JP Holding

I recently recieved emails from both atheismsucks (on myspace), and a reply from JP Holding on the possibility of a debate. Why can't RRS make this happen?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
We try hard to bring on

We try hard to bring on guests that have a modicum of integrity.  The only time we don't do this is if we have no foreknowledge of the persons integrity.  I prefer to know nothing about a guest before I have them on as once I learn about how dishonest or irrational some of the theist guests can be, I tend to lose interest.  We know too much about both of the people you mention, they are the laughing stock of the atheistic community.  Someone suggested last night, "maybe you should have them on and just embarass the heck out of them."  My response, "If we had them on, we'd be embarrasing ourselves."  The guy who goes by "atheism sucks" was recently outed as mentally insane, he now has a blog impersonating a member of the RRS in which he has conversations with himself from multiple accounts, and uses the fake profile to comment on his own blog as well.  This sort of person doesn't warrant time on our show, he warrants time in a court of law.

This isn't to say that it'll never happen, however we have so many theists willing to come on the show, that we don't know the ins and outs of, that we're looking at those people as candidates.  We're most interested in Pastors, Priests, and Christian radio hosts to satisfy a need of "knowledgeable" Christians on the shows.  

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deathmunkee wrote:

Deathmunkee wrote:
I recently recieved emails from both atheismsucks (on myspace), and a reply from JP Holding on the possibility of a debate. Why can't RRS make this happen?

Do they want you to debate Holding at TheologyWeb? If so, what are you guys going to debate about?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Deathmunkee wrote:

Do they want you to debate Holding at TheologyWeb? If so, what are you guys going to debate about?

We could debate whether JP best fits the category of Crazy, Ignorant, or Lying... or he's such a conglomeration of all three that it's impossible to choose.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Is this Robert Turkel? But

Is this Robert Turkel?

But I think Holding/Turkel is all three, Sapient. Here are the reasons why.

Crazy= He started a page devoted to deceased Bible skeptics. Right here.

Ignorant= He has a degree in Library Science, yet he doesn't seem to know how to link. See here.

Lying= Read here.

As for AtheismSucks, he says that Atheists don't suck, but atheism does. Yet, he spends the whole day writing about atheists and not atheism. (Some full-time college student.)

He's encouraged people to harrass atheists, like Edward Babinski,there is an article about "AtheismSucks" here.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deathmunkee wrote: I

Deathmunkee wrote:

Holding is incompetent. Theists would be wise to avoid his arguments.  

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
todangst

todangst wrote:

Deathmunkee wrote:

Holding is incompetent. Theists would be wise to avoid his arguments.

Indeed it would be. Most Theists from TheologyWeb just love to cuss out atheists, Holding makes them think it's ok to do such thing because Jesus bashed and cussed out the Pharisees.

He's brainwashing his fans.

That just shows that Christianity does nothing to make you a better person.