Phil Donahue

Apostate
Apostate's picture
User is offlineOffline
Phil Donahue

Phil Donahue was among the first news programs or talk shows to have Madalyn Murray O'Hair as a guest. He has been outspoken about being an atheist. He is worth having as a guest for simply being a pioneer of the interview/talk format.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree. He could discuss

I agree. He could discuss how he was fired from MSNBC because he dared to ask questions about the Iraqi war. Do you think he would have gotten away with having Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins on his show for a whole hour during that period? Me thinks not.

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I know back in the day he

I know back in the day he had Anne Nicol Gaylor on his show and didn't treat her very well (She described it in "Lead us not into Penn Station.&quotEye-wink

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, thanks for that tip.

Wow, thanks for that tip. I'll check it out.

I'm surprised too, one would think Donahue would be a bit more tolerant of such a viewpoint. I didn't see the show with O'hare, but I didn't hear anything that suggested Donahue was rude to her.

On the other hand, considering what I've heard about O'hare, no one dared mess with her (except a man with a gun). 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation