Show Suggestion: Scientology

BarkAtTheMoon
Rational VIP!
BarkAtTheMoon's picture
User is offlineOffline

I was checking out the Operation Clambake website and thought Scientology would make an interesting show. I'm not sure if the guy that runs that site, Andreas Heldal-Lund, would go on or not and he lives in Norway, but he seems well spoken and knows his stuff about it. Getting a Scientologist on could be fun, and maybe an ex-Scientologist. It's kind of a fringe cult, but it's getting a ton of press with Tom Cruise these days, and most people don't know much about it.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
- Eric Idle, from The Galaxy Song

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

Just for the sake it, I say as much as possible can be documented about this 'chruch' because 2000 years from now, the rational activists will need every source to help fight them and thier blessed hubbard...... That is, if rationality doesen't win by then.

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Gotta love a religion founded by a science fiction writer. Especially since he spoke at a science fiction convention about a year before he wrote that book and said "The fastest way to become a millionaire nowadays is to start your own religion." Wouldn't it be funny if he started it as a joke and either died or it became too big before he could reveal the joke? Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Personally, I LOVE this idea. If we can get a good guest that can speak on cults or an ex member this is a MUST do.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

shorty
User is offlineOffline

but it'll make tom cruise cry

do you really want to make little tommy cry