Are these people fucking serious?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Are these people fucking serious?

They call themselves the "fair education foundation." They claim both evolution and the sun revolving around the Earth are "Bible Bashing Lies."

http://www.fixedearth.com/

It looks like they're serious, but I find it hard to believe people are THAT fucking stupid!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'd like to think that this

i'd like to think that this is just a tongue-in-cheek spoof of christian extremism, but i'm not seeing the "wink-wink-nod" that would indicate such.

it's sad to think that there's actually people that stupid out there. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I heard about this in an old

I heard about this in an old "Dogma Free America" podcast, and they seemed to think it was real. You're right - nothing to indicate it's a parody. On the podcast they mentioned these are the sort of people who used to get D's and F's in science. I'd say a D would be very generous seeing what they claim. Assuming they are serious they are either insane, incredibly stupid  or dishonest. Or some combination thereof. (hmmmm crazy ignorant or lying?)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well those fundies in Texas

Well those fundies in Texas did get upset when Bill Nye pointed out that the moon merely reflects light.  Some loonies in Kansas thought creationism was something other than a joke.  Kent Hovind believes, well fuck Kent Hovind.

The website may be a parody but it's not beyond the reach of fundies to believe this nonsense. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: They

MattShizzle wrote:

They call themselves the "fair education foundation." They claim both evolution and the sun revolving around the Earth are "Bible Bashing Lies."

It looks like they're serious, but I find it hard to believe people are THAT fucking stupid!

What is stupid is not wanting 72 virgins. Name me one heterosexual guy who would not want to bang 72 women?

Same delusional crap, different religion. It bugs both Christians and Muslims that their fantacies have been pointed out to them as just that. Forgive us skeptics for not wanting them blowing up our planet over their dick mesuring contest over their delusions.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: They

MattShizzle wrote:

Fundies will believe anything.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please tell me this is a

Please tell me this is a joke.

It has to be a joke because it appears they can read and write, they even spelled Copernican correctly.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Either way someone from here

Either way someone from here would be a good guest on the show. Maybe not on the other hand assuming they are serious - they would be way too easy to pwn.

eccles
eccles's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT CAN ONE SAY

Another product of the United Christian States of America.

Tankalish
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well, I think we can all

Well, I think we can all assume they only spelled it right because of google search and trial and error. If I may point out, such Christians are not the constant, but with increasing frequency the vocal minoriry. I apologize for the ignorance of my comrades.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL

Remember, its not about reason and evidence. Its about faith. The devil is just trying to confuse them with facts in their minds.

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
What shocks me

What really shocks me about this is that someone would have to literally sit down and come up with all this shit! I don't this this site is Satire at all. I think someone who is probably borderline insane, sit's in his basement all day everyday studying conspiracy theories. Wow this site is a total waste of time.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote: What

Pathofreason wrote:
What really shocks me about this is that someone would have to literally sit down and come up with all this shit! I don't this this site is Satire at all. I think someone who is probably borderline insane, sit's in his basement all day everyday studying conspiracy theories. Wow this site is a total waste of time.
 If only all religous people realized that they are wasting their time.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think that these people

I think that these people are serious.  If they were a satire site, then it would be MUCH better designed.  Just look at landoverbaptist.com and whitehouse.org.  Now look at a 'real' fundy side like www.capalert.com or tedjesuschristgod.org.  (I'm pretty sure the second one is real)  I've seen a lot of satire/parody sites and a lot of 'real' ones and the satire sites always seem to be excellently designed while the other ones are designed very, very poorly.

For another completely fucked up 'real' web site (completely unrelated to religion, atheism or reality for that matter) check out http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Damn, people are crazy.

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.