Nostradamus

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Nostradamus

This is another irrational belief many people have. That somehow he predicted the future based on poems he wrote that were very vague - and people twist them as much as possible to make them fit whatever they want.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
He saw the future the same

He saw the future the same way we see the future, news.

I feel many of his big predictions, although did come true, were not as we point them out to be. Like Hitler, People will point to a specific poem and say "It predicted Hitler". It predicted something, but not him. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I remember correctly,

If I remember correctly, didn't he write in a mixture of languages?  I never could quite figure that out.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: If I remember

Susan wrote:

If I remember correctly, didn't he write in a mixture of languages? I never could quite figure that out.

He wrote strangly on purpose, so that people were less likely to understand his revelations, and less likely to pin him as a servent of satan or something. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

willthescaryatheist
User is offlineOffline
If someone showed me a

If someone showed me a nostradamus prophecy and said something is going to happen, and then it actually happened, I would take it into consideration. But so far nothing like that has occured.