Faith Healers

Chaoslord2004
Chaoslord2004's picture
User is offlineOffline
Faith Healers

the belief that one can channel healing powers from some deity and cure the ill is not only irrational, but devisive. And yet, people keep buying into this shit...even though this nonsense has costs many people their lives. If there is one irrational precept which needs to be eradicated first, its this faith healing nonsense. Creationism can wait, I believe, until this is dealt with; its costing lives.

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out" ~ Rush, from Subdivisions

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I know that James Randi

I know that James Randi proved some to be frauds, but I wonder how many are frauds and how many actually believe in it. Dan Barker actually did some when he was a minister and believed in it at the time - the placebo effect can explain any successes.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Dan Barker actually

Quote:
Dan Barker actually did some when he was a minister

I didn't know this.  That is interesting because I just got Just Pretend and Maybe Yes, Maybe No for my kids.  I wonder how he reverted.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
He tells the whole story in

He tells the whole story in Losing Faith in Faith.