Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis guy) on Dead Cats

cbenard
cbenard's picture
User is offlineOffline

Here's Ken Ham teaching about how fossilization isn't real and how men lived with dinosaurs by using a dead cat analogy.

Here's the link on my site. I snagged that off freethoughtmedia.com's stream. Sapient, feel free to mirror that and change my url.

You might ask yourself, Chris, why in the world did you download that and post it here?

Well, here's my problem: I can't hate Ken Ham. I want to, but I can't. I really really hate Hovind and Comfort, but I can't seem to hate Ham. Can't be the accent; he sounds just like Comfort. But he's not as pompus and intrusive as Comfort and Hovind.

I took the liberty of transcribing what is said in the remix of him speaking. This helps to hate him, because if he says it, you tend not to be as mad. I had to listen to it several times to get everything out of the remix. Here goes:

Quote:
Ultimately, without an absolute authority, how can a person decide something's evil?

It wouldn't surprise me if our brains were getting smaller, but not because we're evolving as technology increases. All of us are suffering from 6000 years of the curse.

We know from scripture that the universe can only be thousands of years old, not millions.

And just because the universe is billions of light years in size doesn't mean it's also billions of years in age.

I hold up my dead cat and say to the children "Imagine you go home today and find out your pet cat just died. What are you going to do?" *MEOW*

Adam told God that he wanted life without Him, free to do as he pleased. But you see, God who is righteous, had to judge Adam's rebellion by judging his sin with death. As a result, the world, which was once called very good, became corrupt with disease, death, suffering, and evil.

??? disease... disaster, suffering.

??? disease... disaster, suffering.

You know they're all around us.

I hold up my dead cat. *MEOW*

What are you going to do? *MEOW*

You take your dead cat outside and place it on the grass and then put up a sign stating, "Dead cat fossilizing, do not touch." If you record your observations, that would be something like this:

1. Day 1: Dead cat on grass.
  2. Day 7: Smelly dead cat on grass.
  3. Day 200: Part of cat missing
  4. Day 300: All of cat missing.

You see, it didn't turn into a fossil; it just decayed. *MEOW*

You see, God said he made all the land animals on day 6 of creation, and he did not say that it did not include the dinosaurs. Now follow me here. They don't want to submit to the god of the bible.

*MEOW-YOW-YOW*

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

I find it hard to belive he is that ignorant...He's really good at deception, it is intellectually dishonest what he's doing. No one can be so ignorant as to actually believe the dead cat analogy for the mechanisms of fossilization. Can they? :roll: Sad thing is...people do believe idiotic bullshit such as this...where have we gone wrong?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

He's either completely stupid or deliberately trying to misinform.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

Why does it have to be one or another?
There are smarter ways of misinforming people. Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

That's true! forgot it could be both! Laughing out loud

shorty
User is offlineOffline

he was probably sent to a good bible school where he was taught the earth was flat and you wouldnt get failed if you prayed for forgiveness in class

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:

What, you're saying it isn't both? :shock:

EDIT: Doh, I was long beat to the funny, my apologies.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

BarkAtTheMoon
Rational VIP!
BarkAtTheMoon's picture
User is offlineOffline

This guy talks about waving a dead animal in front of children and telling them their pet could be dead when they get home, and they have the nerve to say teaching evolution is evil, immoral, and will corrupt the youth? Puzzled

The real moral of the story is this: Keep Ken Ham away from your cat.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
- Eric Idle, from The Galaxy Song

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Anyone trying anything on my cats would be getting a ghetto thrashing! In other words, after I kick their ass, I would stomp up and down on their hands and face!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

qwak
User is offlineOffline

I usually just feed them to my cats, figure the punishment should fit the crime.

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline

Dead cat? Is he high?

:shock:

Oh @%&#

I don't know whether to laugh or rip out my eyeballs

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

neon wrote:
Dead cat? Is he high?

:shock:

Oh @%&#

I don't know whether to laugh or rip out my eyeballs

It goes along the same irrational thinking that evolution can't happen because we haven't seen dogs form a new species even though there are so many varieties of dogs. I think they are high.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Or the idiotic one about cars.

shorty
User is offlineOffline

oh please do tell about the cars one :twisted:

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Not sure exactly, but it's something like new cars are built by people, they don't evolve from other cars, and this somehow refutes evolution. :roll: :shock: Laughing out loud

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Danhalen
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Not sure exactly, but it's something like new cars are built by people, they don't evolve from other cars, and this somehow refutes evolution. :roll: :shock: :lol:
I saw Comfort and Cameron do that one. Kirk asks if a car was designed with a dent in the side panel (the effect of sin). Then I clicked on another link.

Does it suck for you to know that God only loves you because you're afraid he'll kick your ass if you don't believe in him?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Totally fucking stupid. One of the things I got in the mail when I wrote a letter to the editor of the paper supporting evolution and ridiculing Christians.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yea, someone should point out to this guy that dropping a dead cat on the lawn won't fossilize without, you know, the rest of the equation needed for that process to continue.

Maybe I should toss my dead cat on the lawn and tap a sign into the ground that reads "Holy Resurrection in Process". If I get the same result as this guy does that mean we're all wrong? Or does it mean that the example is retarded?

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.