Sylvia Brown

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Sylvia Brown

People still believe in her numerology bullshit! Talk about fucking irrational! And we know she's been seriously pwned by James Randi!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Has anyone yet given a good

Has anyone yet given a good reason for not taking the JREF challenge?

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
She's going to be on the

She's going to be on the Montel Show tommorow. I might check that out.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
People still believe in her numerology bullshit! Talk about fucking irrational! And we know she's been seriously pwned by James Randi!

Silvia Brown is the same to me as Jerry Falwell and just as credible as a Star Trec fan on crack who  litterally believes transporters are real. These people have Napolean complexes, it is their job to spread their lies.

Syliva Brown can predict the future about as well as I could get a date with Cindy Crawford.

"You will take a dump tommorow" is about as talented as picking your nose and just as usefull.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

She's going to be on the Montel Show tommorow. I might check that out.

To quote Maddie Hayes from Moonlighting upon David asking what she would be doing for his birthday, "I'll be grouting my tile." 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randi has asserted that

Randi has asserted that Montel and Larry King know full well she's a hoax, but keep bringing her back for the ratings.  However, after her obvious bungling of a 9-11 victim's fate (saying he died in "water&quotEye-wink, I think it's stooping to a new low, that she would be let back on the show.

One might say it is merely stupid.  But when she and her ilk are used as resources in locating missing children, I would say it is dangerous. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was reading her

I was reading her predictions for the next 100 years and only made it to #6 before she was already proved wrong.

"New form of painless tooth extraction, using a type of suction, with immediate replacement of new tooth."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/28/060628204537.2422eofv.html

Oops.

Edit:

Ah ha ha ha ha. I can't leave this one untouched.

"By 2055 most people will live in domed cities due to poor atmospheric conditions. "

Disregarding the actual atmospheric conditions, does she really believe this is financially feasible? It would cost trillions of dollars to dome a city. Cheaper by far to burrow underground.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

chaospump
chaospump's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: Has

zarathustra wrote:
Has anyone yet given a good reason for not taking the JREF challenge?

Of course!

Don't you know that all that negative skeptical energy interferes with the positive sweetness and light of magical powers and psychic mumbo-jumbo?

Jeez.

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty..." -Oddball

Of course the question is always whether the self-styled practictioner of the magickal arts is so thoroughly self-deluded that they cannot truly be accused of intentionally deceiving others.

Sylvia Brown might be in this category, but I don't think the producers of the shows that feature her are.

All of the faith and prayer in the world

All of your dumb show and circuses

You know it's a lie, it'll always be a lie

The invention of an animal who knows he's going to die

-Randy Newman

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suppose a further

I suppose a further question is:  if (I say "if", because they could be for real) one of these practicioners is shown to be a fraud, can they be prosecuted for the falsity of all their past assertions?  I imagine JREF's $1,000,000 won't cover the costs for that.

Uh oh, gotta go...the spirits wanna talk to me again! 

πππ†
π†††

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: MattShizzle

Brian37 wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Silvia Brown is the same to me as Jerry Falwell and just as credible as a Star Trec fan on crack who  litterally believes transporters are real. These people have Napolean complexes, it is their job to spread their lies.

Syliva Brown can predict the future about as well as I could get a date with Cindy Crawford.

"You will take a dump tommorow" is about as talented as picking your nose and just as usefull.

I personally don't think she's crazy, I think she's a fraud. However, if she seriously believes her shit - like about that ancient Peruvian woman's ghost she says talks to her, she's crazier than a shithouse rat.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randi flattens her in his

Randi flattens her in his newsletter:  http://www.randi.org/jr/030504newsweek.html#10

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Being from Missouri, I felt

Being from Missouri, I felt compelled to point this out.  A boy was recently kidnapped here, and police eventually found him, along with another boy who had been missing for 4 years.  Sylvia Brown had told the parents of that boy he was dead.  Yet another example of the dangers of trusting these crackpots! 

More details of this tragic hoax on Randi's site:  http://www.randi.org/jr/2007-01/011907tam.html

πππ†
π†††

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
There was a segment on

There was a segment on Anderson Cooper 360 last night about how often she's wrong. At the end they had a short debate between James Randi and her business manager (guess she didn't have the guts to show up herself!) The business manager was a real bitch - she kept interrrupting James Randi and about 3 or 4 times used the fact he's a confirmed atheist as a personal attack. The first time Anderson Cooper even scolded her for it - telling her that that's a "High-school level debating tactic." James Randi in the end finally yelled at her "Would you drop the atheist thing!"

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's probably the

That's probably the reaction she was hoping for. They'll probably make a clip of that and whip it out whenever they're cornered.  Shouldn't that business manager reimburse the police for the costs incurred by diverting their search because of her erroneous predictions?

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That would sure put a quick

That would sure put a quick end to police psychics.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
The cover of the St. Louis

The cover of the St. Louis Post-Dispath showed that Michael Devlin was guilty of at least 71 separate charges in the kidnappings of Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby.  Recall that Sylvia stated on Montel's show 4 years ago that Shawn was "no longer with us", and diverted the search based on her false predictions of where his body was located.  Surely Sylvia can take some pride now in knowing that her tomfoolery may have permitted one boy's abuse to continue for 4 years, as well as the kidnapping and abuse of a 2nd boy. 

Give yourself a reach-around, Sylvia. 

πππ†
π†††

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: People

MattShizzle wrote:
People still believe in her numerology bullshit! Talk about fucking irrational!

I'm such a fucking geek that I saw "irrational" and thought you were talking about an nonterminal nonrepeating decimal. 

Wow I just failed it.