God kills Pastor for performing baptism via Electrocution

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

TEXAS PASTOR ELECTROCUTED TO DEATH DURING BAPTISM: (From October or November)

Quote:
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WACO, Texas -- A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Church when he was electrocuted, said Jamie Dudley, a church business administrator and wife of another pastor there.

Doctors in the congregation performed chest compressions, she said. Lake was taken by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where nursing supervisor Pat Mahl said he was pronounced dead.

The woman Lake was baptizing was not injured, Dudley said.

Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, Dudley said.

"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," Dudley said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."

About 800 people attended the morning service, which was larger than normal because it was homecoming weekend at nearby Baylor University, Dudley said.

Lake, who had a wife and three children, had been at the church for nine years, the last seven as pastor, Dudley said.

NOW THE FAMILY ACTUALLY HAS THE NERVE TO SUE THE BUILDER, NOT GOD! SEE WHAT HAVING A MENTAL DISEASE (THEISM) CAN DO TO YOU?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/05/AR2006050501058.html

Quote:
Family of Electrocuted Pastor Sues Builder
The Associated Press
Friday, May 5, 2006; 3:15 PM

WACO, Texas -- The family of a pastor who was electrocuted during a baptism ceremony is suing the contractor that installed the baptistry's heater.

The wrongful death suit seeks unspecified damages from MP Electric in the Oct. 30 death of the Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, pastor of University Baptist Church. No one else was injured, but about 800 people were in the church when he was electrocuted.

An attorney for the company declined to comment on the lawsuit.

"MP Electric is saddened by the death of Pastor Kyle Lake and the tragic loss experienced by his family and church members," lawyer Jim Grau said.

The suit, filed this week by widow Jennifer Lake and the pastor's parents, David and Shirley Lake, alleges that the two baptistry heaters overheated before Lake's death, exposing electrical components to water passing through the heater pipes.

When the baptistry was filled with water and the heaters turned on, the water was electrified, creating "an invisible but fatal hazard for anyone entering in the baptistry," the suit alleges.

On the morning Lake died, the church was packed and his wife was seated on the front row as he prepared to baptize a woman.

As he stepped into the water, Lake reached for a microphone, then cried for help and fell back into the water, the suit says. A witness pulled the microphone cable from the floor plug, but the father of three died later that morning at a hospital.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Laughing out loud That's funny. Has anyone ever tried to sue God? I remember hearing about a movie where that happened, but never seen it. Would be kind of like suing the tooh fairy, though. And of course how would anyone actually collect money?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
And of course how would anyone actually collect money?

... or subpoena him to court.

The closest thing I can think of is Luigi Cascioli suing to prove that the Church is lying when they claim Christ was real. The Church should just call Jesus to the witness stand and bury this.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Hey, of course he wouldn't show up, so he'd lose! And maybe they'd put out a bench warrant! Laughing out loud

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Hey, of course he wouldn't show up, so he'd lose! And maybe they'd put out a bench warrant! :lol:

... and the conservatives would label them "activist judges." Sticking out tongue

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

The family of the pastor is suing?

I wonder why they don't see this act of stupidity* as god's will and part of his divine plan.

*using anything electric when you're in water

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Using Logic (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
And all the others!

That's a great idea! When Jesus doesn't show up for court we'll know for certain he never existed. We can go back and rewrite history by doing that with many others: Alexander the Great, Stalin, Hitler -- the possibilities are endless. I'm afraid your logic leaves much to be desired...

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Riiiise from your grave!

Good job on resurrecting a year old thread.

At least it is amusing :3

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Using Logic wrote:That's a

Using Logic wrote:

That's a great idea! When Jesus doesn't show up for court we'll know for certain he never existed. We can go back and rewrite history by doing that with many others: Alexander the Great, Stalin, Hitler -- the possibilities are endless. I'm afraid your logic leaves much to be desired...

Except that we have documents for everyone but the Jesus (unless of course you know of something Jesus wrote)

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Interesting that the

Interesting that the parishioners sought retribution upon mere mortals, and chose to deny the will of God.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:Interesting

treat2 wrote:
Interesting that the parishioners sought retribution upon mere mortals, and chose to deny the will of God.

You ever tried to get money from God? If you think his minions are tight-fisted, you're in for a rude awakening.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin