Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pastor Indicted for Rape During Exorcism

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/15390076.htm

Pastor who says he was casting out demons indicted in rape BY MELODY McDONALD
STAR-TELEGRAM
FORT WORTH — A 63-year-old pastor accused of raping a church member last year during a ceremony to cast out demons has been indicted by a Tarrant County grand jury.

Leonard Ray Owens, who is free on $25,000 bail, is now awaiting trial on a charge of sexual assault — a second-degree felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison.

Police have said that they began investigating Owens last year after a 22-year-old woman reported that Owens raped her on two occasions at his Fort Worth home. The woman told police that, several months after she began attending the Prayer House of Faith at 1303 E. Seminary Drive, she went to Owens’s home for counseling after having a miscarriage.

There, the woman told police, Owens said she had a sex spirit and lesbian demon inside her that he needed to cast out. The pastor then asked her to lie on the floor and began yelling at her as if she were a demon, saying "Lose her in the name of Jesus," according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

The woman told police that Owens pulled down her pants as he called for the demons to come out. When the woman tried to get up, he pushed her down, the affidavit said. The pastor then began to fight with her as if she were a demon before climbing on top of her, pinning her down and raping her, police have said.

The woman told police that the pastor wore a condom. Afterward, Owens, a self-proclaimed prophet, ordered her to wash her face in the name of Jesus and to read Psalms 105:15, which refers to prophets doing no harm, the woman told police.

The woman told police that Owens raped her again a month later, after he asked her to come to his house to pray for another woman.

Owens has denied having sexual contact with the woman, police have said.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, I know, the pastor was

Oh, I know, the pastor was just using his staff to drive out the demon.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:The woman

Randalllord wrote:
The woman told police that Owens raped her again a month later, after he asked her to come to his house to pray for another woman.

After he raped her once {after a miscarriage, no less!), she went to his house when he asked?!?

No doubt, all in the name of God.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I said it before, and I'll

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Religion really, really fucking sucks.

reason_passion
Rational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
true problem

The idea of supposed man of god raping women isn't all that new, though it is still reprehensible. But I have to agree with susan here in the perplexity of why a woman raped once goes back to the man's house to help pray with another woman, who no doubt has probably been raped too, but is waiting for round 2 in order to finally realize he's an asshole.

Every one of your relationships to man and to nature must be a definite expression of your real, individual life corresponding to the object of your will. -Erich Fromm

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote:Oh, I

Randalllord wrote:
Oh, I know, the pastor was just using his staff to drive out the demon.

lmfao.