hello

ateisti
ateisti's picture
User is offlineOffline
hello

Hi all. My nickname means atheist in Finnish.

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa.

I've just finished reading The God Delusion, brilliant book. Also planning to read The End of Faith and Unweaving the Rainbow.

I joined rationalresponders because in my city, if you take all the atheists on the web here, they're less than 30 people, so very small community down here. So the only big places we can go is here or richarddawkins.net. 

I am culturally of Jewish background. More than half of my family live in Finland, their officially Lutheran but not religious at all which is a great plus for me.

I'm into computer science and have just begun to study Finnish.

So yah, thats my introduction, see you all in forums. Smiling

Cheerz (näkemiin)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle.

Welcome to the hizzle.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! South

Welcome!

South African/Jewish/Finnish, now that is an interesting combination. I have one statement for your Finnish study: Ruotsi > Suomi Smiling

ateisti
ateisti's picture
User is offlineOffline
hehe, thanks for the

hehe, thanks for the welcome.

I have one cousin in Sollentuna by the way. Smiling 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums!!

Welcome to the forums!!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, ateisti!

That's quite a heritage you have there.  I think you may be the first member from Capetown!  (Am I missing anyone ~  if so, I apologize!)

There's no doubt you'll have some interesting things to add to the discussions.

We're really glad you're here!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
British atheist movements

British atheist movements seem to have a very high % of 'Jewish' people in them.

In fact had a recent lecture by a physicist who was amazed about how many people claim to be jewish but don't believe in god, in many ways its more of a tribe than a convential religion

ateisti
ateisti's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ya, thats why, (and I dont

Ya, thats why, (and I dont mean to insult anyone here Smiling ) of all the 'great' religions, im more comfortable with judiasm than most, because unlike everyone else, jews dont go out of their way to convert you and make you 'see the light', unless you are a jew, which is a completely different story funnily enough.

Also, once your a jew, by their standards its impossible to ban/kick you out of the faith/tribe because no matter what you do or believe, your still considered jewish.

funny isnt it Smiling ..... 

moi! miten menee? (From South Africa.)