To use the Force

Placing Jesus on Mars

There never will be

An after Jesus

Or after Elvis

Only the moths

Killing themselves

Needlessly

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I said it last time, and

I said it last time, and I'll say it again: you could give William McGonagall a run for his money.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: I

LosingStreak06 wrote:
I said it last time, and I'll say it again: you could give William McGonagall a run for his money.

Thank you. I wish my ADD didnt aflict me to the point of the last time of that comment.

Who is William McGonagall? I guess I am supposed to be flattered to be put in such company. But the only thing I am flattered about is that anyone actually reads my poems.

First, thank you. Secondly who is William McGonagall? 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Who is

Brian37 wrote:

Who is William McGonagall?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall

He was a poet and you didn't even know it! LOL!!!! 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Oh, I should listen to a "theist", shit, next thing you'll tell me is that being nice is good. YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE!

(Note to self: Did I think that, or type it?: btw Brian37, just because a theist posted the link, doesnt mean you'll get cooties clicking on it) 

Oh btw Captian. Never try to compete with me on punns or cornball humor. I have caused more eyes to roll and voices to groan than pepper spray. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I got it now. So now we

I got it now.

So now we have some sort of Simon Cowel criticising my work. So. If people look at meter and laguage, they might make a case. If I was writing it for people who write "dog wistle" poetry, you'd have a case.

My focus is not in perfection, but message. The message is quite simple in this poem. In 3000 years it would not suprise me in the least if people litterally believed in "the force" as litterally as they believe in Jesus and Allah. There are people who worship Elvis like a god.

The point of the poem is that Dawkins is right about religion being a missfire. Insted of looking for real answers, we seek comfort first. We end up burning ourselves out on the lightbulb, insted of following the moonlight.

Plato's Allegory Of The Cave is what I have in mind here.

If form is what your after, I am not your guy, and never claimed to be a master of forum.  I dont try to write poetry so high pitched that even dogs cant hear it. If you dont consider it poetry, I could give a shit less. The message is what is important.

Go hang out in Oxford and date Muffy if you wish. Humanity consists of more than one class.  

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

LOL

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, it would be cool if

Well, it would be cool if the Force was real - I mean, I'd rather have Darth Vader than George Bush running the country(I mean, America is the Empire).

I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I got it

Brian37 wrote:

I got it now.

'Bout time you cought up with the rest of us.

Quote:
So now we have some sort of Simon Cowel criticising my work.

Yes, except that I'm not English, and I'm far wittier than Simon. And I wouldn't call what you did "work." At least I sincerely hope you didn't put more than a few minutes effort into that.

Quote:
If people look at meter and laguage, they might make a case.

Meaning, if people looked at poetry, they might have a case.

Quote:
If I was writing it for people who write "dog wistle" poetry, you'd have a case.

Right...

Quote:
My focus is not in perfection,

That, I'm afraid, goes without saying.

Quote:
but message. The message is quite simple in this poem.

Indeed.

Quote:
In 3000 years it would not suprise me in the least if people litterally believed in "the force" as litterally as they believe in Jesus and Allah. There are people who worship Elvis like a god.

The point of the poem is that Dawkins is right about religion being a missfire. Insted of looking for real answers, we seek comfort first. We end up burning ourselves out on the lightbulb, insted of following the moonlight.

And here you could have just written that instead of trying to put it into some miscarriage of verse.

Quote:

I'm sure Plato would be proud.

Quote:
If form is what your after I am not your guy, and never claimed to be a master of forum.

I hate to find myself saying the same thing over and over, but that also goes without saying.

Quote:
I dont try to write poetry so high pitched that even dogs cant hear it. If you dont consider it poetry, I could give a shit less. The message is what is important.

I once spoke to a man who had a message. He told me that he was going to marh down the street, back and forth, proclaiming his message loudly. When I pointed out that he had no legs, and couldn't march, he became quite angry. The message, he told me, was the important part.

Quote:
Go hang out in Oxford and date Muffy if you wish. Humanity consists of more than one class.

Your class would be kindergarten, I would assume?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 ~ Don't you pay any

Brian37 ~ Don't you pay any attention to LosingStreak06.

I got it and I liked it.

I think it's so outstanding that there are people who will still write poetry. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I got it now.

Quote:

Yes, except that I'm not English, and I'm far wittier than Simon. And I wouldn't call what you did "work." At least I sincerely hope you didn't put more than a few minutes effort into that.

Quote:

Quote:
If I was writing it for people who write "dog wistle" poetry, you'd have a case.

Right...

Quote:

Quote:

Indeed.

Quote:
In 3000 years it would not suprise me in the least if people litterally believed in "the force" as litterally as they believe in Jesus and Allah. There are people who worship Elvis like a god.

And here you could have just written that instead of trying to put it into some miscarriage of verse.

Quote:

Quote:
If form is what your after I am not your guy, and never claimed to be a master of forum.

I hate to find myself saying the same thing over and over, but that also goes without saying.

Quote:
I dont try to write poetry so high pitched that even dogs cant hear it. If you dont consider it poetry, I could give a shit less. The message is what is important.

I once spoke to a man who had a message. He told me that he was going to marh down the street, back and forth, proclaiming his message loudly. When I pointed out that he had no legs, and couldn't march, he became quite angry. The message, he told me, was the important part.

Quote:

Suck my dick. Like I said, I could give a shit less what you call it. And I could give a shit less if you dont like it. Maybe you dont like it because you have "theist" above your avatar, and this poem challenges rediculous claims.

So go cut the crust off your PB&J, make sure you use your salad fork, and dont fuck Muffy up the ass, anal retentive pricks cant get their needle dicks into something that tight. 

Hickory dickory dock

I wrote this verse

For a prick

Who cares about package

Who has no package

Who doesnt have

A dick to suck.

Like I said, you may not like my forum, but I think you got the message. 

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:
LosingStreak06 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I got it now.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right...

Quote:

Quote:

Indeed.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suck my dick. Like I said, I could give a shit less what you call it. And I could give a shit less if you dont like it. Maybe you dont like it because you have "theist" above your avatar, and this poem challenges rediculous claims.

So go cut the crust off your PB&J, make sure you use your salad fork, and dont fuck Muffy up the ass, anal retentive pricks cant get their needle dicks into something that tight.

Hickory dickory dock

I wrote this verse

For a prick

Who cares about package

Who has no package

Who doesnt have

A dick to suck.

Like I said, you may not like my forum, but I think you got the message.

A masterful response. I would have expected nothing less from such a prodigious weaver of language.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Holy flame wars,

"Holy flame wars, batman"

Said the rapper to the scatman

In the rythmn of a can-can

But the meter didn't scan, dan.

Still the rapper had a plan, man.

(Poor Muffy's ass was at hand)

So he poked his thang and then ran.

Seems the rapper was a scat fan. 

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brain said "Suck my

Brain said "Suck my dick"

My reply wasn't too quick

I wrote this down

Without a frown

And then pressed "Post Comment" 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Losingstreak, you don't go

Losingstreak, you don't go to CE do you?

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No, but if he did I would surely know. Laughing

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No, I try to avoid the social boards whenever possible. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge

CrimsonEdge wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

No, but if he did I would surely know. Laughing

Have you seen me there?