"Nepal airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god"

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Nepal airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god"

This goes to show that Christians and Muslims do not have the monopoly on Stupid:

Nepal airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god

Tue Sep 4, 10:39 AM ET

Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said on Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft on Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C. (Eds: name correct), a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070904/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_nepal_airline;_ylt=AqPfJPEVms26FOAomh9R.O6dk3QF

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

no one
no one's picture
User is offlineOffline
good ridance

Good, I hate goats.

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
If their sky god gets his

If their sky god gets his rocks off seeing goats slaughtered then he's one sicko freak and so are the airheads that worship him.

I hope these dumb fuckers never get hold of a nuclear bomb.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Slaughtering a goat to this

Slaughtering a goat to this sky god has exactly the same effect praying to the Christian God does (except from the goats perspective.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
We ought to follow suit here

We ought to follow suit here in the US.  We would sacrifice crying children on long flights rather than goats.  I am offended at the idea of sacrificing the goat because a goat has never awakened me on a transatlantic flight.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sheesh, imagine being a

Sheesh, imagine being a mechanic for that airline.  "Well here's the problem but it's nothing a couple dead goats couldn't fix."  This is one airline I hope to never fly,  but since I don't plan on going to Nepal it's not a problem.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: Sheesh,

D-cubed wrote:
Sheesh, imagine being a mechanic for that airline.  "Well here's the problem but it's nothing a couple dead goats couldn't fix."  This is one airline I hope to never fly,  but since I don't plan on going to Nepal it's not a problem.

The mechanic is probably grateful they're not sacrificing him. 

As Nero so charmingly pointed out, I think if anyone's going to get sacrificed, it should be the little ones.  I would have happily offered up that filthy little boy who was kicking my seat the entire way from CA to NJ.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll bet if airlines offered

I'll bet if airlines offered child free seating at a small cost they'd rake in millions.  Guaranteed seat not have have any children nearby.  I'd pay an extra $10 for that.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote: I'll bet if

D-cubed wrote:
I'll bet if airlines offered child free seating at a small cost they'd rake in millions. Guaranteed seat not have have any children nearby. I'd pay an extra $10 for that.

Adult only flights.  Man oh man, would that be wonderful!  I'll bet there are a lot of people who would pay much more than $10.

Would that even be legal, though?

Come to think of it, I'll bet the number of small children on airplanes would decrease if they just quit letting children under the age of two fly for free.  After all, how many two year olds does anyone know that will stay on a lap for the entire flight?  Hell, they won't even stay in their seat at a restaurant and feel a need to run screaming through the entire establishment.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've decided the only way

I've decided the only way to deal with an unruly kid is to just ignore it. Kids have been crying and acting up long before our species was walking upright. It's just a behavior of our offspring that will never change.

A million years from now somebody somewhere will be saying, "I wish that little bastard would sit down and shut up!!"

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel wrote: A million

RickRebel wrote:

A million years from now somebody somewhere will be saying, "I wish that little bastard would sit down and shut up!!"

Yeah.  And it'll be me.  Eye-wink 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.