Introduction

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Introduction

Hello all. I found out about RRS somehow on YouTube, where I found the videos on the "proof" of god, facing off against Way of the Master. Kudos to Brian and Kelly, by the way.

Boy do I feel liberated... after roughly 17 years or so of religion and ignorant culture/media (I'm 23, so take away those first few years they weren't even etched in my mind, plus the last couple or so I've since been freed), I must say I'm finally growing up. Unfortunately, being 23 years old, I feel silly saying that on the one hand; on the other, it's never too late to start thinking freely.

I have a B.S. in Math and Physics, so while I'm no expert in both those fields, feel free to converse with me on anything.

Despite the above two observations, sometimes I wonder if I'm a little slow in thinking, and sometimes I even end up being impulsive, especially when it comes to debating. Better to be thorough than quick, but don't be surprised to find me not getting something that should otherwise be obvious or at least reasonable. Of course, feel free to critisize me if I am wrong, goes without saying, just explaning and it's no excuse. Maybe it's just the lack of practice all those 17 years?

I'm typically a shy critter, so I may not say a whole lot here. But there are a few things I've felt like saying in the past, but never got around to registering for an account, until now. Anyway, hope to have a good and rational time here!

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, hope you enjoy the

Welcome, hope you enjoy the RRS.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums!!

Welcome to the forums!!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, ctressie.  We're really glad you're here and hope you jump right into the boards.

Math and physics?  You'll fit right in here!

Also, don't feel badly about "being late" to freethinking.  You'll find that there are plenty around here in the same boat!  Heck, you'll even find that some of our memebers were hard-core theists prior to figuring things out.

We look forward to hearing what you have to add to the discussions. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Still new to site...

First off, thanks for the warm welcoming!

Secondly, I was under the impression, from viewing various threads, that one may simply add a post, without having to click on any reply button; I just picked the last one to click on. Or does that in and of itself create the next post? Well, only one way to find out. Again, thanks.

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I see the "add new

Ok, I see the "add new comment" button in my first post; but both probably do the same, at least from my end. Once again, here goes.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right. 'Reply' and 'Add

Right.

'Reply' and 'Add Comment' basically do the same thing. For most intents and purposes you can use either.