Imported Religion

religioniswar
Superfan
religioniswar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Imported Religion

Okay so i'm gonna share a story from last year around December 8th with you all. I do not support any religion at all but I do not hate any because of its origin. In the UK lots of major cities have lots of foreign people around.

So I went to a music concert to see the band Dragonforce (i'll assume no one knows who they are, though maybe some will) They are a Power Metal band based in London. Most of there songs are made from, fantasy stories of dragons swords etc. So fans like to brong swords,shields or whatever to the gig.

After it was over I went into a foreign owned fast food place. (i'm not being racist its just fact). And a woman who was clearly a muslim to me saw my plastic sword. Asked me why I had it which I explained and then told me to leave the shop and told the shop owner not to serve me (he did).

I found that rarther uncomfortable and annoying that she would dare say that because I had a toy sword. When one of my friends who went to live in a muslim country had his christmas tree shredded. His family were constantly beat up by police because they were white and they were not allowed any christian related items at all.

It seems rarther unfair that where they are allowed in and practice there ways freely that they should tell someone not to serve a kid with a plastic sword. I'm not a racist and I do support equality and what not but this really did anger me. Though being me I just smiled and ignored her.

Sorry a bit of a rant thought I would share.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did she think the

Did she think the explanation was some kind of blasphemy to Allah?

I'm kinda confused why she would want to refuse service to you because you like a particular kind of music. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

religioniswar
Superfan
religioniswar's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was because I was holding

It was because I was holding a plastic sword in my hand and she didnt even own the store.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's just completely

That's just completely odd.  "I don't like your plastic sword so you don't get a sandwich."  Very weird.

I'm glad the owner of the store ignored her and served you.  (I wonder if the owner is her husband because I can't imagine a Muslim woman would be working in a store independently of her family.)

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is rather odd. I am

That is rather odd. I am familiar with Dragonforce. My Mancunian friends are very much into their metal bands, I was actually going to go and see them at one point despite the fact that I'm not really into metal.

religioniswar
Superfan
religioniswar's picture
User is offlineOffline
the woman was a customer in

the woman was a customer in there with her children she didnt work there.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow!  That takes even more

Wow!  That takes even more nerve on her part than I can imagine.  She was just a customer and she told you to leave the shop and the owner not to serve you?

This from a woman that can't go anywhere without a male relative?

You just gotta wonder what her actual reasoning was.