Greetings, My Brothers/Sisters In Arms...

Greenmagi
Greenmagi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings, My Brothers/Sisters In Arms...

I joined Professor Dawkins' site recently, and the Rational Response was on my to-join list for quite some time now. There's a problem with Dawkin's Homepage & Forum (http://richarddawkins.net/), and I'm worried some suicide nutter crashed a bug into it...it's probably just me being paranoid, but I was sure there would be crossover members between here and there that might know more than I, which wouldn't be hard...

I'm an Atheist that teaches in the Buckle of the Bible-Belt. I've already lost two jobs for my no-religion, and I may be working on my third. The first time I honestly told children, if they asked, that I don’t believe in any supernatural (and that was all). The second time, I didn't say anything at all, and let them think what they wanted. This time, I've even lied and said I patterned my spiritual beliefs after Benjamin Franklin, a vague Deist (Atheist on the inside). But that wasn't enough for the parents who complained...the stupid funkers! They’re probably still mad because I made the Biology teacher stop using holy-oil (olive) on ‘demon possessed children.’

I'm getting into teaching late, because I was a Atheist-Marine first. I'm a great teacher that has never scored less that perfect on every observation given by students, peers, and supervisory teachers. I make every class fun, active, funny, and positive. Seasoned teachers are always stealing my classroom management, lesson plans, and teaching style. I've personally pulled a dozen students from Special Education classes into A-B Honors classes; during my first year. All they needed was love, honesty, and attention. Having several learning disabilities that were mislabeled as Retarded until late high school, I’m better at pulling students out of that pit and showing them how to excel by their strengths. I could go on about the shit that is the education system in the South, but I'm sure all of you have heard about it. I’m quite sure they don’t want an Atheists to win Teacher of the year, which will may be achieved if I can keep from loosing another position due to paperwork and computer assignment errs…yeah, right…

I look forward to becoming more active here, and sending money via money order. I must keep my identity to myself. I intend to go far in politics and I'm just before "getting saved." Then I will fulfill Jefferson's promise to crush, stomp, and drive all fundamentalists from public and political forums by subversions, cohesions, diversions, divisions, and foxy compulsions.

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard and be Evil...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! I

Welcome to the forums!

I visit the Dawkins forums from time to time under the same username, though I am here much more frequently. 

Greenmagi
Greenmagi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any trouble?

Can you pull up the page? Do you know what may be going on there?

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greenmagi wrote: Can you

Greenmagi wrote:
Can you pull up the page? Do you know what may be going on there?

No, it doesn't come up for me either and I am not sure what may be going on. It could be that they are working on the server or it went down. We had a 'denial of service' attack here last year and that may be what happened over there. 

Basically, LOL, I have no idea why the page is down. 

Greenmagi
Greenmagi's picture
User is offlineOffline
"denial of service"?

What is a 'denial of service?' What happened? How was it fought?

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_service

Basically it's where a "script kiddie" attacks a site through various methods in an attempt to overload/crash the site rendering it unusable.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Greenmagi wrote: What is a

Greenmagi wrote:

They attacked this site that way a bunch of times. Assholes.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greenmagi wrote: What is a

Greenmagi wrote:

Here is the link to the thread that discussed the attack.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welome to the forums,

Welome to the forums, Greenmagi!

Buckle of the Bible Belt - well, you're not alone.  There are several of us from Missouri and we think we're in the buckle.   Some of our Oklahoma members think they are.  As do those from some of the southern states!

HHmm.  Maybe the Bible Belt has multiple buckles and is more punk than we know!   

Greenmagi wrote:
They’re probably still mad because I made the Biology teacher stop using holy-oil (olive) on ‘demon possessed children.’

Ack!  Was that actually happening in a public school?  If so, what made that particular teacher think he/she was qualified to identify demon-possessed children?   Actually, considering how most parents seem to feel that their child can do no wrong, I'm surprised the parents weren't angry that the teacher thought the children needed a mini-exorcism in biology class.

What a waste of good olive oil that could have been used for Italian food.

We're glad you're here and we look forward to your contributions to the discussions!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
P.S.  Colored text doesn't

P.S.  Colored text doesn't display well on all browsers.  (Sometimes we have to highlight the text just to read it.)  We'd really appreciate it if posts were in the default colors.  Thanks!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I was a

Quote:
I was a Atheist-Marine

Hoowaa!