Hello Fellow Disbelievers!

Christkilla
Christkilla's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Fellow Disbelievers!

I just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself as I have just last night found this site and only this afternoon have I registered and decided to post. 

My name is Daniel, but I go by the handle Christkilla online. I feel it is probably wise to explain my choice of names so that no on thinks it inappropriate.  

I was born to Jewish parents and as such I have had to spend the better part of the last forty or so years listening to Christians who want to blame me for the death of Christ. True, there are those I have met who claim to have never heard such stories in their church but I get the feeling that they are 'Sunday Christians' and that they really don't know much about their espoused religion.  

Christians say the Jews are responsible for Jesus. By age six or several I was being physically attacked, in an American Public School, for being Jewish and a killer of Christ. Therefore a number of years back I adopted the online handle Christkilla. I *had* been planning on using it for a music project, but I never followed through. More recently I decided to use it to begin arguing against Catholics and for reason.  

Like many of you, I am tired of being verbally assaulted by Christians who want to convert me. I don't *care* that they think Jesus loves me. As an old friend of mine has always liked to say, "God may love me but Satan Laughs". To me Satan is simply the personification of sanity and science that Christians try so hard to avoid. (I don't actually believe there is a Satan, anymore than I believe in Santa Clause, or the Tooth Fairy, though I *am* beginning to *suspect* the existence of the Underpants Gnomes just based on the number of unpaired socks in my dresser drawer Sticking out tongue.) 

My distaste of their tactics has recently caused me to realize that the only way to deal with these people is to "fight fire with fire". For the last forty or so years I was perfectly happy to let them go about their business unmolested (even though they seem to do a lot of molesting themselves) but I have finally come to the realization that they are not happy being left to worship as they please. Apparently the rights afforded to them by this country are not good enough for them and they want to *force* their religion onto other now (well ok, they *always have). Or, perhaps, it is that they feel they are the *only* ones deserving of religious freedom.

Maybe they do not understand that freedom of religion means the freedom to practice how they please and not the freedom to try and overrun others with their own beliefs. Honestly, I don't know what their problem is (other than an obvious propensity for believing in irrational, illogical, antiquated, fairy tales that should have never seen the light after the Dark Ages) and I no longer care. I have decided it is time to take the 'fight' into the streets and to them.  

I was very pleased to find this site and I think he work that is being done here is commendable. I look forward to contributing to the effort.  

With Regards To All,  

Christkilla

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps you should have

Perhaps you should have reminded them that Christ himself was Jewish.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Christkilla
Christkilla's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Perhaps you should have reminded them that Christ himself was Jewish.

Mmm, yea... somehow that fact always seems to escape them... even when you tell it to them. 

I generally tell them that, if one is to believe the stories, Moses was an Architect, Jesus was a carpenter - do the math.

Never works.

You see, it matters not that Jesus started out a Jew. There is a belief in certain versions of Christianity that says Christ will not walk the earth again until all the Jews have been killed as revenge for the murder of Jesus (not very Christian sounding I know). Of course, I have met folks in my life time that still believe Jews sacrifice Christian babies during Passover...

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum. Glad

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're here.

I don't believe in Satan either. I think it's absurd and childish to believe that there's an invisible boogey man lurking around making us do bad things.

But I do agree with you about the underwear gnome. And if I ever find that little fucker I'm going to toss his ass into the dryer and turn it on.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!  Sadly, you are

Welcome!  Sadly, you are right - most christians don't understand their own faith very well much less any others.  IMO - ignorance is the prime mover of discrimination.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Christkilla!

I already like your style of humor.  Those Underpants Gnomes have wrecked havoc in my sock drawer for years and I have yet to catch any of them so I can toss them out on their little bitty ears.

I find it so odd that xians would be such bigots and attack you for being Jewish.  That's such a silly argument, beating you up for something supposedly done a couple of millenia ago.

At any rate, we're glad you're here!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Christkilla
Christkilla's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: I find it so

Susan wrote:

I find it so odd that xians would be such bigots and attack you for being Jewish.  That's such a silly argument, beating you up for something supposedly done a couple of millenia ago.

So, like I said, there are those who really believe that Christ can not be reborn until all Jews are dead.