Website suggestion: Easy fix (functionality already available)

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Website suggestion: Easy fix (functionality already available)

Ok, I've been using this forums for quite some time now and I was wondering why is it missing a very useful functionality that could be easily added. If you take a look at a specific forum, you will see that at the top you are given the following options:

• My discussions.
  • Active discussions.
  • Post new forum topic.
My suggestion is that you add an additional function (aka: link) that will let you see all your discussions... not just the topics you created. This functionality is already available but it is not practical because you have to go through a series of clicks (pages) in order to get here. A direct link would be awesome. For an example of what I am talking about, click on this link: http://www.rationalresponders.com/user/silentseba/track

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
  The RRS is probably busy

The RRS is probably busy as ever these days, with all the media coverage they've gotten recently.  I don't think little things like this, the ignore function, and the half dozen or so other tweaks that the forums could use, are top on the ole' to do list. 

I have my recent post page bookmarked.  That works for me.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't say that it needed

I didn't say that it needed to be added imediately... It is just something they can do to make the forums better. If feedback is not wanted, please tell me and I will stop making suggestions. I am just pointing out things that bother me as a user. You might think I am specifically looking for things that are wrong with the website... but I am not. If it bothers anyone that I am trying to suggest things that could improve the website and attract additional users... then I am sorry... and I will stop.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
It never hurts to make a

It never hurts to make a suggestion or a sincere request.  Who knows, it's possible you could get an answer like, "We've been working on that and are going to try to implement it over the weekend!" or "What a great idea!  We'll look into it!"

I'm in I.T. for my Day Job (although I do not understand a single thing about forums or Dupral or JavaCode or web stuff in general).  Sometimes users choke and cough before asking for something they think is really difficult.  Because I know some tricks, it may be a five minute thing and I look like a genius hero.

Of course, sometimes users don't hesitate at all, thinking something is really easy, and it turns out to be a task that would take weeks of analysis and coding. 

There's always my rule of thumb, too.  It doesn't hurt to ask - the worst that can happen is that the answer might be "no". 

Suggestions are always welcome!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hehe, this one falls into

Hehe, this one falls into the category of: It will take 5 minutes. All there is to it is adding a link the same way it was done for the other options. The functionality is already available, and examples on how to do it are in place. Btw, I am studying I.T. in college with concentrations in Website Development and Network Admin... so at least I should have a general idea on what is easy to add, and what is not Eye-wink

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
In that case, perhaps "the

In that case, perhaps "the powers that be" will see this thread and at least think about it!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also, the point of posting

Also, the point of posting it here, instead of sending them a PM... was to see if other people agreed that this function could be useful. The first reply I got was from someone who already does the same thing I do (bookmark directly to what I am talking about). But some people might be looking for this function and not know where to look at. (which is the reason why I suggested it)