....Should I post this on my my space blog?

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
....Should I post this on my my space blog?

I want to post this, but it might really piss off my Christian friends and family...especially my parents. I don't fear their wrath, I just don't wanna deal with the drama.

Anyway, here is the post...(which was inspired by what Brian said in the Nightline debate, but my Christian family and friends won't ever see that, so it'll be new to them.)

"Do you know what the definition of a terrorist is? Some definitions say terrorists use violence, but it can also be the threatened use of violence for the purpose of creating fear in order to achieve a religious goal.

I realize by posting this and other stuff I've posted over the summer, I may have created awkward moments and tense situations among those of you who know me and are Christian, and I have set myself up to be judged, ignored, made fun of, gossiped about, smirked at, laughed at, glared at, yelled at, treated rudely and might even be setting myself up to physical threats and intimidation as well as abandonment.

After all, two Christian friends have already removed me from their friends lists and living in the bible belt south as an atheist or agnostic is a huge risk. If you look at history, you'll know most white southern Christians have never been to kind to those who are different...

But I'm so used to awkward moments, tense situations, being judged, ignored, made fun of, gossiped about, smirked at, laughed at, glared at, yelled at, treated rudely, physical threats, intimidation and abandonment that it pretty much rolls right off my shoulders now. After all, I have learning disabilities. That's being different and being different in the south = "A FREAK we must destroy!"

Christians also put the fear of hell into nonbelievers. What could be more terroistic then....."Believe this.......or BURN for an eternity."

The answer is NOTHING.

Many Christians teach their children from birth that Jesus is God and yet I haven't discovered one Christian who can defend their views logically and without using any other source other then the Holy Bible.

I believe Christians are mentally abusing their children by telling them that they better believe in God or they'll go to hell or that we are living in the end times right now so they better behave. I've been told since childhood that we're living in the end times and I used to be so scared of that, and so scared of hell. And yet here we are in 2007, and Jesus still hasn't come back and in almost twenty-five years of being on this earth, I have never experienced anything super natural.

I'm not a child anymore and when I read the Holy Bible now, all I see is fairy tales and religious propaganda intended to get the world to conform.

Christians appeal to our emotions, our fear of death, our fear of hell, a fear of punishment, as well as our desire to want to know where we came from. Well, summer is almost over and after spending all summer studying religion, history, science and psychology...as well as basic observation of the world around me and logical thinking.......I know longer fear not gifting any gifts from Santa Claus at Christmas time and any fairy tale world called "hell" that people invented to scare me, beat me into submission and to get me to conform.

In closing, even if I'm wrong and the Christian God is real....I would rather go to hell then spend my life on earth and all eternity in Heaven worshipping a jealous, insecure, sexist, homophobic, racist, petty, unjust, child abuse supporting, baby-killing, blood thirsty, money hungry, unforgiving, bullying, megalomaniac, control freak, tyrant."

Question time:

What do you guys think of it?

Should I add anything else?

Should I post it, knowing full well I might get some bad responses?

EDIT: LOL...just read my post and I am REALLY harsh....I don't know....I better not.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like it. Well-worded. 

I like it. Well-worded. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote: Christians

Zeeboe wrote:
Christians also put the fear of hell into nonbelievers. What could be more terroistic then....."Believe this.......or BURN for an eternity."

I would suggest adding two words:  Attempt To

Christians also ATTEMPT TO put the fear of hell into nonbelievers. 

Great post, by the way. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Thanks guys, and thanks for

Thanks guys, and thanks for Susan for the suggestion. That's a good way of wording it. I think I'm gonna save my post though and save it for a later date. I don't think now is the right time.