Why I cant stand burocray.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why I cant stand burocray.

My mom recieved a summons on property she doesnt own anymore informing her of it's impending condamnation. Some stupid burocrat lost the paperwork from when she sold it. A LONG LONG TIME AGO!

So now she has to waste her time trying to clear up their mistake. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Send him the bill. Maybe

Send him the bill. Maybe she can put a lien in the property to recover leagal costs. Maybe she can just nuke the damn offices.

Stupid government. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Update, I still dont like

Update, I still dont like beurocrats, but since we are not lawyers the package sent looked intimidating.

Turns out that they never thought she still owned it, but because they didnt know her wearabouts they couldnt send her a check based upon the intrest that had collected over the years, kinda stupid considering the summons was sent to our current location.

This was simply a legal notice that if she didnt respond they would not send her the check.

A simple trace would have brought up her location and should have been followed up by a phone call insted of wasting the paper before hand.

So insted of it being them thinking she still owned it, she is actually having couple hundred bucks sent to her. Still shoddy work  and certainly gave us a scare. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL. Stupid paper pushers. I

LOL. Stupid paper pushers. I always get a little jumpy when I get something from the government. They like our money too much.

Fish
User is offlineOffline
Not to defend the system,

Not to defend the system, but I think that you are slightly overreacting.

I would guess that they sent a letter instead of calling because it's easier to churn out a couple hundred form letters and mail them instead of getting people to call when you might not be home or might hang up on them, whatever.

Also, they probably sent the summons first in order to verify your current address, especially if it is from a long time ago. It would annoying if they sent the check to the wrong people.

I'm not saying that bureaucracy is never irritating, as it often is, but sometimes I think that people start from the assumption that they're doing things purposely to be as difficult as possible, whcih really isn't true.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
You think that's bad? I

You think that's bad? I can't work right now because of a drug arrest that happened one year ago today.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't arrested last August because I was out of town at the time, in this place called "Iraq." I'll be able to resume working once this gets cleared up, but until then I can't work, and I don't think I'll be able to get a new job before that time

I don't know if it's good or bad that they haven't "officially" fired me for this. 

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.