Unoffical NFL trash talk thread.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unoffical NFL trash talk thread.

It's that time of year again, preseason just a couple weeks away. What does your team look like. Who do you think looks good. Did you get the drafts you think your team needed?

We all know that Brian Sapient bleeds Philly green. I dont think he'll ever excape that. But they certainly look better than the Skins have for the past decade.

Gibbs comming back certainly has been a ticket draw but hasnt materalizeed on the field. I think that has more to do with the changes in the game over the years and that Gibbs doesnt have the star players he had back in the 80s.

Well as long as the Skins beat the Cowchips I'll be happy.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm a Buffalo fan. It's

I'm a Buffalo fan. It's probably the only thing more irrational than theism.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm a long time Steelers fan

I'm a long time Steelers fan myself.  They've got the talent, but talent has never been enough for them.  Their miracle run in the playoffs a few years ago rekindled my hopes, but last season was just too painful to watch.  Their first round pick Simmons is pretty young, so I don't know. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
If my Bengals can keep

If my Bengals can keep themselves out of jail, they may have a shot at some post season success.

Or they'll just be the Bengals I've come to know and love.

you think being a Bills fan is irrational, wave? Live in my world.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Steelers and Raiders. If the

Steelers and Raiders. If the Steelers play the way they did 2 years ago or in the 2nd half of last year they shoul be good. Hopefully Jamarcus Russel can help the Raiders.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Steelers

MattShizzle wrote:
Steelers and Raiders. If the Steelers play the way they did 2 years ago or in the 2nd half of last year they shoul be good. Hopefully Jamarcus Russel can help the Raiders.

The Raiders - always so much potential. But they never get their heads together. Must be a California thing. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: I'm a

wavefreak wrote:
I'm a Buffalo fan. It's probably the only thing more irrational than theism.

Theists and Christians TAKE NOTE! This is what you call a sense of humor!

And losing 4 Super Bowls in a row has got to be a kick in the nuts.EmbarassedCry

Quite honestly in all seriousness, when they were not playing the Skins I was rooting for them in the rest of the Super Bowls they played in. I felt really sorry for the kicker against the Giants. He had to be the lonelest person in that locker room.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak

wavefreak wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

The Raiders - always so much potential. But they never get their heads together. Must be a California thing.

The Raiders did get it together in 83 when they kicked the crap out of the Skins in the Super Bowl. I had a bad feeling about that game because of the off feild antics of the Skins players who seemed to have big mouths just a little too much that year. Boy was I right. Theisman shot off his mouth and looking back at it, I am glad he lost(not the team, just him) I always thought he was an arrogant prick. That was a long game for me to watch. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I hate the Cowboys. Hope TO

I hate the Cowboys. Hope TO fucks them up big time and winds up playing arena league.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I hate

MattShizzle wrote:
I hate the Cowboys. Hope TO fucks them up big time and winds up playing arena league.

LOL!

Football makes us crazy.  

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philadelphia is the worst

Philadelphia is the worst sports town on Earth.  Let me know when one of their terrible, useless franchises can do something more than job in Super Bowls (to my Patsies, of course).  Between the Sixers, Flyers, Iggles and Phils, I can understand why everyone in that city is pissed year round.

Man, the Bruins and the Celtics may suck, but at least we have the Sox and Pats.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Gibbs

Brian37 wrote:

Gibbs comming back certainly has been a ticket draw but hasnt materalizeed on the field. I think that has more to do with the changes in the game over the years and that Gibbs doesnt have the star players he had back in the 80s.

Well as long as the Skins beat the Cowchips I'll be happy.

The game has passed Gibbs by, just like it did Parcells. The only chance the Redskins have is if Campbell can run Al Saunders' offense like Trent Green did in his prime.

My team, the Bears, look like NFC North champs again, especially since the other teams in that division are crap. I don't think they'll get to the Super Bowl again, but if Grossman can put a whole season together like he did the first half of last year, then they have a shot.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy

Family_Guy wrote:

Philadelphia is the worst sports town on Earth.  Let me know when one of their terrible, useless franchises can do something more than job in Super Bowls (to my Patsies, of course).  Between the Sixers, Flyers, Iggles and Phils, I can understand why everyone in that city is pissed year round.

Man, the Bruins and the Celtics may suck, but at least we have the Sox and Pats.

The Patriots only win because they are allowed to have extra people on their team (the ones wearing the other striped Patriots uniforms.)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I haven't had a chance to

I haven't had a chance to keep track of Phillys off season moves, or camp for that matter.  All I know for sure right now is that I won't miss a second of regular season play.

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Really? That's what we say

Really? That's what we say about anyone named Manning. By the way, Peyton Manning should get intestinal cancer in a part of the world that hasn't discovered morphine.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG